Silversea internet

rikimuk

Hi,

Does anyone know how much it cost to send an email from the tv on silversea (can you do that??) I know you get an address whilst on board is this through the tv? If not how do you access it and how much is it?

Also what are the latest internet costs and how usable is the wi fi in cabins?

Thanks

Lindsay

Hi, Does anyone know how much it cost to send an email from the tv on silversea (can you do that??) I know you get an address whilst on board is this through the tv? If not how do you access it and how much is it? Also what are the latest internet costs and how usable is the wi fi in cabins? Thanks. Lindsay

On our cruise on the Silver Cloud, the wi-fi worked fine in our cabin and for other places on the ship. On this ship, to my knowledge, they didn't have things set-up for Internet use on or through the TV.

As listed last year, the rate packages available were

$250 for 1000 minutes (25 cents per minute)

$85 for 250 minutes (34 cents per minute)

$45 for 100 minutes (45 cents per minute)

or pay-as-you-go for 50 cents per minute

Generally, I was fairly pleased with how things worked on this ship. It is via a satellite on a ship, so you should not expect fast, quick service like being hooked up at home or in your office via cable or DSL. I did lots of e-mails, web postings and picture uploads during these two weeks plus. I re-call that I used two 250-minute packages. The secret is having a lap-top, having things composed and ready BEFORE you log-on, then DO IT and then log off.

Per this posting, supposedly things have been improved since our cruise last summer.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1304749

Half of our cruise was above the Arctic Circle and travel in fjords, etc. where the mountains would blocks things at times. Below you can see details and the various photos I uploaded from our trip and on this Silversea ship and food, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 34,100 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Hi, Does anyone know how much it cost to send an email from the tv on silversea (can you do that??) I know you get an address whilst on board is this through the tv? If not how do you access it and how much is it? Also what are the latest internet costs and how usable is the wi fi in cabins? Thanks Lindsay

Hi Lindsay

I think u r referring to Internet thru the Tv on the Spirit. No, that can't be done but u can have over 400 movies on demand as well as the various channels etc.

Terry has quoted the prices for u. When I was on the Spirit, wifi from my room was good (cabin 610), however it was hopeless on the Cloud (cabin 445 and 708). On the Cloud I went to the Internet room each day and when the satellite was working, all was good, albeit slow.

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived