Cloud and Wind on the Thames

Silver Spectre

Nice to see the Cloud passing the Wind on the Thames today. Cloud outbound and Wind heading in to dock. Thanks to the Voices for pix and vids.

Any shots coming up Les?

I'm afraid not .... apart from this showing where they passed

653feae8d859127495b70e4baa99b6b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting the Wind/Cloud Thames cross Mr. Silver.

Fair Winds and Following Norwegian Seas for your Wind Norway Cruise (tomorrow is embark right?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I posted a picture in the cooler yesterday. Can't seem to duplicate here. Will try later!

Appreciate these postings and details. Glad to know that our "Silver Cloud" is still performing well in famous locations. Getting ready on Wednesday to "move up" for our first time on the Silver Spirit.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 216,044 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

SS I must admit I thought the Wind was leaving at 3.45 on Monday morning - Looking on the tower bridge site, I see its Tuesday Morning. A big shame - it'll not have the spectacle of people waving as you pass under the bridge - but it'll still be special. No drone flying for me! I did attempt to film at Dartford yesterday on the way up stream, but far too windy. I did take it up, but decided against the risk especially after it was attacked by 3 rather large and hungry looking seagulls! (Evasive actions required - if they'd made contact, that would have been £1500 down the pan!) I wanted to take advantage of "active track" which would have given super footage - but even that fails to work its too windy!

Drop me an email - cruise-trip@europe.com - I'll get a snap taken from the office with you waving from deck 8 in front of the observation lounge! (Unfortunately I only have my phone with me though!!!!)

SS I must admit I thought the Wind was leaving at 3.45 on Monday morning - Looking on the tower bridge site, I see its Tuesday Morning. A big shame - it'll not have the spectacle of people waving as you pass under the bridge - but it'll still be special. No drone flying for me! I did attempt to film at Dartford yesterday on the way up stream, but far too windy. I did take it up, but decided against the risk especially after it was attacked by 3 rather large and hungry looking seagulls! (Evasive actions required - if they'd made contact, that would have been £1500 down the pan!) I wanted to take advantage of "active track" which would have given super footage - but even that fails to work its too windy!

Drop me an email - cruise-trip@europe.com - I'll get a snap taken from the office with you waving from deck 8 in front of the observation lounge! (Unfortunately I only have my phone with me though!!!!)

Cheers Les. I'll see if I can spot your office.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for posting the Wind/Cloud Thames cross Mr. Silver.

Fair Winds and Following Norwegian Seas for your Wind Norway Cruise (tomorrow is embark right?).

Hi Wes, yes we embark later today. Will run a thread so you can see where you will be going in July[emoji41]

Cheers Les. I'll see if I can spot your office.

I'm in the second of the beige buildings... this photo is from the first...you can almost reach out and touch

059c53dd638643c469b23c831d0f3b49.jpg

Thanks Les for sharing the Wind snaps.

And thank you Mr. Silver--we look very forward to reading your Wind Norway thread. Please, give HD Daniel a warm shout out from us--he leaves for vacation the day we embark next month.

Looking on google maps - that must have been taken from the O2 area. On the left you can see two funnels, these are right next to the Greenwich Maritime museum - which was my prediction for their passing.

I expect this is the first and only time this event will happen on the Thames.

Yes... that's the building. I think the Wind is actually further forward that usual..

There is another 5 wind visits to go I think this summer.

Have a great time. Check to see if Albert and Egbert are still there. (I think Albert was going home yesterday ... so be interested to see if he did.

I'm in the second of the beige buildings... this photo is from the first...you can almost reach out and touch

059c53dd638643c469b23c831d0f3b49.jpg

Cool, that was us last August. We were up front on the side looking right at your building. If I remember right there is a lively restaurant on the ground floor in that area we were watching.

Cool, that was us last August. We were up front on the side looking right at your building. If I remember right there is a lively restaurant on the ground floor in that area we were watching.

Yes, its a pub restaurant called Hornimans. As you probably found out, it does get very busy. Seating outside and 2.5 floors on the inside. Mostly tourists use, but also by the local offices. Nice in the summer sitting outside watching life on the Thames - especially if your cruiseship is a few feet away!

How did you find setting off? Has to be one of the coolest start points available. (I am biased though as you might imagine!)

Awsome! I was on the Cloud as it passed the Wind. I will share the photos of the Wind from the Cloud when I get home.

Excellent, look forward to it.

Did the CD make you all aware you'd be passing? Did they know in advance where it would happen? (I'd predicted it was going to be Greenwich so about 2 minutes out.)

Was there anything special .... Blow horns I guess?

Yes... that's the building. I think the Wind is actually further forward that usual..

There is another 5 wind visits to go I think this summer.

Have a great time. Check to see if Albert and Egbert are still there. (I think Albert was going home yesterday ... so be interested to see if he did.

Albert is still running the main bar and has now been smoke free for 15 days.

Albert is still running the main bar and has now been smoke free for 15 days.

Good lad. (Though I didn't know he smoked if I'm honest.)

I had thought the Winds first trip to london was where his contract ended - but my confusion. We were intending to have lunch on the 31 July and my wife has said that's the date he's getting off ("at 9am") I'm sure he'll confirm that (unless he's changed his mind I guess!)

Say hello from Les & Sally ... and if that confuses ... say gadgets and cameras.... which should bring a smile to his face!

I wonder where Egbert has moved to!