Norway in October excursion options?

Hi, sorry to start a new thread but my search proved unhelpful.

We are going on CMV Northern Lights cruise departing Tilbury on 10/10/17. We will be stopping at Rotterdam, Olden, Kristiansund, Alta,Honningsvag, Tromso, Trondheim, Andalsnes and Bergen. I usually prefer not to use the ships excursions but apart from Alta I am really struggling to find alternative tour providers. The ones I have found do not seem to offer tours in the Winter.

For Rotterdam and Bergen we are planning not to do any tour, just walking and exploring on our own. But I really want to go to the troll road at Andalsnes and also the Atlantic road at Kristiansund, is the cruise excusrion our only option or is there an alternative (I'm not sure about hiring a car and driving in Norway).

Any advice will be much appreciated :)

I don't know if they operate in October, but in Olden I would recommend contacting http://www.oldenadventure.com/en . They run shuttle buses to the amazing new Loen Skylift, and to the Briksdal Glacier (please note that this glacier has been affected by global warming and is not as spectacular as it used to be, but the drive to the glacier and the hike to the glacier are both very nice). If anyone in your party has limited mobility, you should also reserve a troll car at the glacier, which is a little golf cart that will take you most of the way to the glacier. Thanks to the troll car, my 2 year old was actually able to hike to the glacier.

The loen skylift is gorgeous, and only about 5 or 10 minutes from the port so if Olden adventures is shut down in October, you might just want to arrange a taxi. Here is the contact info for all of the transportation options to the skylift:

https://www.loenskylift.com/how-to-get-here/

I believe the public bus to the glacier stops running in August, so that might not be an option for you. Have you emailed the norway travel offices? They were very helpful in answering questions about logistics for me throughout my planning.

Have a great trip!

Edited by kitkat343

For a great day in Bergen I have been on and can highly recommend the Bergen Food Tour. It's a very small group, the guide is very knowledgeable and funny, and you will see (and taste!) the best and hidden gems of the city.