Amber Cove

acadran

Carnival just assigned our cruise with a new stop in Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. Coming up empty in my research. From what I am reading it is a brand new port on the north coast of the DR at Puerto Plata due to open in 2014. Our cruise is not until January 2016. Let us know if you dock in Amber Cove and how it is. What kind of excursions are available?

We loved LaRomana/Saona Island. Very pleased Carnival switched a day in Nassau for a day in DR. Looking forward to hearing from someone who has docked in Amber Cove.

Carnival just assigned our cruise with a new stop in Amber Cove, Dominican Republic. Coming up empty in my research. From what I am reading it is a brand new port on the north coast of the DR at Puerto Plata due to open in 2014. Our cruise is not until January 2016. Let us know if you dock in Amber Cove and how it is. What kind of excursions are available?

We loved LaRomana/Saona Island. Very pleased Carnival switched a day in Nassau for a day in DR. Looking forward to hearing from someone who has docked in Amber Cove.

What cruise are you on? We are on the sunshine January 24, 2016 and switched from Nassau to Amber Cove.

I haven't found much info as the port isn't open yet to passengers.

I did find a website that give a little bit of information, but it seems like they are still working on it. I am also interested in seeing what people have to say about it.

It sounds like it is another one of the ports that Carnival has built to suit their ships and it only holds 2 ships at one time. Similar to the one in Honduras.

Heres the link to the website I found.

http://www.ambercove.com/port-information.aspx

I seriously can't wait to see what people start to say about it! Wonder when they will release excursions for our sailings? We don't have anything available for any ports yet? Not even FTTF yet. I've never booked this early so I don't really know what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to book the Victory's 5 day cruise (10/03/2015) that will make stops in Grand Turk and Amber Cove. If I'm correct, it'll be one of the first ships to make the stop in that part of DR. I can't wait!!! :D

Edited by BklynLola

I'm planning to book the Victory's 5 day cruise (10/03/2015) that will make stops in Grand Turk and Amber Cove. If I'm correct, it'll be one of the first ships to make the stop in that part of DR. I can't wait!!! :D

Well be sure to report back to us how it was!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Please come to our Roll Call once you book..it's small right now but I am sure it will grow! Cindy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife, daughter, SIL and I are on the January 16th Valor cruise. We will be following this thread to see what develops. We normally go with independent tours due to the price of the ship's excursions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We arrive in Amber Cove the last week of October. I have been in contact with Marysol Tours and doing their Dune Buggy tour. They pick you up at the port. Several tours offered and great communication through email.

• 2 weeks later...
We arrive in Amber Cove the last week of October. I have been in contact with Marysol Tours and doing their Dune Buggy tour. They pick you up at the port. Several tours offered and great communication through email.

Thank you for the name of the tour operator. We have just booked for April 30, 2016 and I was looking for information. This is great!