Pool Life Jackets

CNDKangaroo

The only life jackets provided are for emergencies - you're not allowed to remove them for the pool or port. I always brought our own jackets for the pools and ports. They're unfortunately very bulky, but thankfully light. Especially while at sea, the pools can be chaotic/have a lot of movement, so even a kid who's a good swimmer might feel more comfortable in one - especially since there's often no shallow end, except in the kid's pools.

Edited by Kerry's Girls

There are some tot swimsuits that have "built in " floatation vest. You will not be allowed to use the ship's lifejackets...they are only for emergencies! You can get water wings, or a small, lightweight floatation vest to bring with you for pool and beach.

On ships that provide life jackets for the pool there are 2 different types of life jackets on board.

The life jackets in the cabins are for emergency use only.

The life jackets at the pool towel hut are for use in the pool and they have multiple sizes from small child to adult.

Here is the information from carnival but I am. It sure the actual ship list is up to date

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3603

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SO sorry for my incorrect information - I hate when people post when they don't know, and I just did it!! I didn't realize any of the ships were providing life jackets for the pool - that's great. And I'll refrain from commenting on that which I'm not sure about!

SO sorry for my incorrect information - I hate when people post when they don't know' date=' and I just did it!! I didn't realize any of the ships were providing life jackets for the pool - that's great. And I'll refrain from commenting on that which I'm not sure about![/quote']

No worries, it seems to be relatively new. Trust me had I not actually seen them one day onboard my advice would have been the same as yours.

I still think if a child needs floatation help puddle jumpers or life jackets should be brought from home since you definitely can't count on them being available at beaches and pools on shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

SO sorry for my incorrect information - I hate when people post when they don't know' date=' and I just did it!! I didn't realize any of the ships were providing life jackets for the pool - that's great. And I'll refrain from commenting on that which I'm not sure about![/quote']

Royal Caribbean ships are now providing lifejackets to be used in their pools too. There is a rack with three different size lifejackets to borrow near one of the towel stations.