Help, confused, Experienced Azamara cruisers or Bonnie.

welshfamily

We have been looking with some envy at the refurbished suites for some time so on Saturday my husband said lets do it. We looked at the price, which wasn't that much more than we had paid. We asked our TA to ring Azamara for a price, as there were only 5N1 suites left.

Unfortunately he was told that to upgrade we would have to pay the price the suites were advertised for in Sept 2015 when we booked. Our TA wasn't happy with this so he suggested we cancelled and re booked thinking we would just lose our deposit, even though we were passed final payment ( for our TA not the cruiseline) He was then told we would lose all the money we had paid for our flights and transfers as well. He asked to escalate the matter.

This morning Azamara allowed us to upgrade to two guarantee suites for a lot more reasonable amount. It was more then our TA thought it should be but Still it was a compromise and I was really happy that Azamara were willing to offer this. We went ahead.

Very good customer service.

I checked on my Azamara and it said CC guarantee suite.

At 5pm my TA rang and said he'd had the invoice and we had been given N2 guarantee suites. He then said there were no N2 suites left so Azamara would ring people in N2's or N1's and offer pay for upgrades. We would then get our suite numbers allocated.

Is this the way the system works?

What happens if no one wants to move?

Will we then get given Balcony cabins again and a refund of the extra money paid.

Have we made a mistake? We are not bothered where the suites are situated after all, all these suites are desirable, it's only the position which differs.

Advice please.

Thank you

I am not an experienced Azamara cruiser, will be on Quest in August for the first time ever, but that isn't the way my experience went, at all. Maybe it's because it's past final payment, but I upgraded before final payment with no difficulty, and at a price that was less than had been quoted ever before.

Edited by Pam

Tough to answer without knowing the detail. If a promotion is specifically for new bookings only, and if it's past final payment date, then yes, you would not just lose your deposit if you cancel and rebook but all your moneys.

If you have now booked and paid for a guarantee CCSuite, then you are guaranteed that, but may be any suite, anywhere on the ship. You may get a stateroom number before the cruise, when you print your Express Pass, or may not find out until you check in at the cruise terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well you couldn't make this up.

TA has rung back this evening and told us we have paid for the original request we made on Saturday to the N1 cabins which are numbered.

He received notification from Azamara of the cabins which are N1 after he had finished for the day and was just catching up on some paperwork this evening.

Our My Azamara has been altered and we now have numbered cabins.

Feel so much better.

Do I want to know what went on today

Not particularly.

Very, very happy family.

Thank you Azamara.

Hello Welshfamily,

I'm glad it has been straightened out. And I'm excited for you sailing in a suite. Did I miss which cruise you'll be on?

And I apologize for the delay in responding. DH&I have been on the road all day, actually since Saturday. We've been touring Patzcuaro and Moralia (Mexico) and all the surrounding backroads...quite beautiful.

I'm looking through the various CC threads now to see if there's anything that needs attention.

Good morning Bonnie,

We are on the Journey 9 th of August. We had two N1 suite suite's last time as there were lots of sea days. It's a very port intensive cruise and when we booked we choose a balcony deliberately.

However as I have said looking at the pictures posted on line my family decided they wanted to upgrade. We honestly don't care where the suites were as in the summer the sea around Rome etc will be calm. We were just totally confused by the system.