New to Azamara, anything I should know?

Wendy The Wanderer

Hi, My partner has just been issued with a CPAP machine. We're booked into a standard balcony cabin on Journey. Can anyone tell me if there are power outlets sockets next to the bed? Thanks.

There are not. Go to the Azamara web site and fill out a special needs form to let them know someone will be using CPAP. Azamara will provide an extension cord and distilled water (if necessary).

There are not. Go to the Azamara web site and fill out a special needs form to let them know someone will be using CPAP. Azamara will provide an extension cord and distilled water (if necessary).

Interestingly they've learnt and Quest has a socket by the bed. Same in the CC suites.

image_zpsnoptphol.png

Phil

Thanks. I'll fill in another form. It seems quite an omission not to have a socket there, regardless of a CPAP. But hey ho!

I've read in several places that the only complimentary beers offered are Bud, Bud Light and Becks. Pretty appalling list, if you ask me. Does anyone have a list of premium beers offered?

Does anyone know what the "house" pours are for gin, whiskey, vodka?

The Complimentary beverage list (excluding wines which could be regionally specific) are listed online.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Gordon's gin, Finnlandia vodka....

The premium beers are listed in one of the upgrade package tabs I believe. We won't be purchasing - not what we'd want to pay more to drink - we'll stick to cocktails or wine....Or bring aboard something else.

Edited by Hoyaheel

I've read in several places that the only complimentary beers offered are Bud, Bud Light and Becks. Pretty appalling list, if you ask me. Does anyone have a list of premium beers offered?

Yes. Yes it is an appalling list. Equally appalling is that the premium beer list (which you can buy individually, or a beer package for, https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages) is full of similarly blah beers. I can think of no rationale for having 20+ blah beers. You could eliminate half (or more) of those and no one would care. If you're going to bother having that many beers, at least have a selection that includes some more interesting beers (many of which are available at a similar price point).

Does anyone know what the "house" pours are for gin, whiskey, vodka?
Don't know what they use if you don't request, but the complimentary spirits include: Beefeater gin & Gordon's gin, Finlandia vodka & Smirnoff vodka, Cutty Sark scotch whisky & Jim Beam bourbon & Seagram's Seven Crown whisky.

But at least I can flavor the complimentary spirits...

Edited by sczcardfan
adjusting URL to US website with shorter link

Don't know what they use if you don't request, but the complimentary spirits include: Beefeater gin & Gordon's gin, Finlandia vodka & Smirnoff vodka, Cutty Sark scotch whisky & Jim Beam bourbon & Seagram's Seven Crown whisky.

You can ask them for the one you'd like. Out of the two vodkas I prefer Finlandia and ask for that.

Phil

For me it has to be Gordon's Gin. On Journey never had a problem getting my request. On Quest it was a lot more tricky, the young lady in the Looking Glass (now Patio) indicated she only had beefeaters the first few night - on the third night the other bar tender said of course and said to her it's behind the other bottles. It actually was not very hidden at all so I did wonder if she was just being a little "off"

So yes ask for what you want and also from time to time treat yourself to something different on the list that you pay for. The cost is very fair ($4,5 or top shelf can be 6 or 7) but a lovely treat b

Thanks for posting the links.

I like Gordon's gin too, I like it better than the fancier ones, something about the spices that are used I guess. And David will be glad to see Jim Beam on the list.

As for the beer, I agree that the for-sale selection is poor, but I'm sure he can find something there to drink, Heineken, Corona, Stella, Grolsch. Not the greatest, but decent. And the prices are very reasonable.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal for roll-calls to be rather inactive? I keep hoping to find someone to share a limo in and out of Rome, but so far very little activity.

We made final this morning, and I'm pumped! After reading another thread I realized that we had a CC with a tub. I emailed my TA and she moved us yesterday. So it's all good!

Now all I have to do is rustle up something white to bring to wear, and arrange transportation.

A question about disembarkation. I presume all have to be off by 9 a.m., or is it earlier?

If we don't capitulate and hire a private driver into Rome, I'm hoping to delay our departure from the ship a bit if I can, to avoid the day-tripping hordes coming off the ships and trying to get the first trains into Rome. This will be on a Friday, in early October, but I'm sure there will be plenty of tourists still.

We will be travelling independently, and are ongoing by train to Florence from Civitavecchia, via Rome. I'm looking at departures from Termini to Florence at 13:20, 13:50 and 14:20, any of which seem doable and stress-free--if we get there early we can change to an earlier train.

So, may I take a leisurely approach to disembarkation?

• 1 month later...
There are four reservation times for specialty dining: 6:00, 6:30, 8:00, and 8:30. Because these reservations cannot be booked in advance, we book immediately after boarding. There is no limit to the number of reservations you can make and we make one for each night, preferring two reservations in Aqualina for every one in Prime C.

One BIG difference between Oceania and Azamara (we sail on both) is that in Azamara's specialty restaurants, you can't request to share with another two, four or six people. Let me clarify: If you have/make new friends on the ship, you can make reservations with them, but if you just want to do a random share and meet new people, it isn't possible. (I asked the maitre d' about this one night, and he told me that they had tried this and nobody was interested.) I guess that many people eat in the specialty restaurants to celebrate a special occasion and want to dine alone.

Your butler can handle any changes that you need to make.

Always wondered why we couldn't dine at 7:00 or 7:30 - our preferred dining time. Rather annoying that they limit it in that nature. But thanks for the info!

A question about disembarkation. I presume all have to be off by 9 a.m., or is it earlier?

If we don't capitulate and hire a private driver into Rome, I'm hoping to delay our departure from the ship a bit if I can, to avoid the day-tripping hordes coming off the ships and trying to get the first trains into Rome. This will be on a Friday, in early October, but I'm sure there will be plenty of tourists still.

We will be travelling independently, and are ongoing by train to Florence from Civitavecchia, via Rome. I'm looking at departures from Termini to Florence at 13:20, 13:50 and 14:20, any of which seem doable and stress-free--if we get there early we can change to an earlier train.

So, may I take a leisurely approach to disembarkation?

Last departure is usually 9:30am, but for a small fee you can remain on-board until sometime around midday, maybe even have lunch in Windows.

Edited by marinaro44

Last departure is usually 9:30am, but for a small fee you can remain on-board until sometime around midday, maybe even have lunch in Windows.

The late departure option is not always on offer, it is best to ask early in the cruise

In the past we have been told sorry it is not available on this cruise .

Edited by Bloodaxe

Always wondered why we couldn't dine at 7:00 or 7:30 - our preferred dining time. Rather annoying that they limit it in that nature. But thanks for the info!

you can try asking the first day but after that forget it.. meaning the first day they might be able to help you out for the cruise-- but people book he first day for the whole cruise. i go around 8 to 830 most nights.

If they seated people at 7 and 7:30 those tables would be used only once an evening and you'd have an even more difficult time getting a reservation. I suspect you'd find that "really annoying." I know I would.

Think I saw this mentioned on an earlier post --- We are booked in a Club Continental Suite --- Is the Thallossmy (spelling) pool included in our "Free perks" along with the specialty dining venues ??

Thanks.:):confused:

Yes, the T-Pool and forward private sun deck around it.

Phil

As a noobie to Azamara, wondering if there are special nites in Discovery Dining Room where the menu is special like other cruise lines where the nite of the Captains welcome and the nite of the Captains good by have special not to miss items on the menu. Normally on other lines this is the second nite of the cruise and the next to last nite of the cruise. Making plans for the specialty restaurants and planning so want to have my plans down so we can reserve the specialties as we board. So, which nites should be plan for the Discovery Dining Room. Our second nite on board is a sea day and the second to last nite is just before the last sea day. Appreciate all help experienced Azamara cruisers can provide. Thanks in advance,

As a noobie to Azamara, wondering if there are special nites in Discovery Dining Room where the menu is special like other cruise lines where the nite of the Captains welcome and the nite of the Captains good by have special not to miss items on the menu. Normally on other lines this is the second nite of the cruise and the next to last nite of the cruise. Making plans for the specialty restaurants and planning so want to have my plans down so we can reserve the specialties as we board. So, which nites should be plan for the Discovery Dining Room. Our second nite on board is a sea day and the second to last nite is just before the last sea day. Appreciate all help experienced Azamara cruisers can provide. Thanks in advance,

I'm not aware of special menus on particular nights. I must admit I really mix up the dining on an Azamara cruise and once I've taken account of White Night where I'll eat at the deck buffet, Azamazing Evening and one or two of the theme nights in the buffet (love the Indian night) it becomes quite difficult to plan it to time with an MDR menu I like. I do know they now publish the Discoveries menu dates on the interactive TV. The first day Pursuit paper will detail which nights are set for Azamazing and White Night to help the planning.

Phil

They do usually have a Surf and Turf special in the MDR on White Night but as practically the whole ship is up on deck having a great time at the White Night barbecue, it is very quiet in the MDR. I don't think there are other special menu nights but then the food is all good anyway.

Phil....Indian night again in September? :D