What's really included?

reilly1

I apologise if this has been addressed before, but I am a newbie to Azamara (total Celebrity S-Class junkie!). We are booked on the Journey 4th June Athens to Rome in a veranda stateroom.

My TA tells me that Azamara is "all-inclusive". I know that there are also premium packages, but I think we will be happy with what is included, as long as there is decent wine available, G&T and the odd cocktail.

What I am unsure about is whether water and speciality teas/coffees (Mosaic Café) are included too. It would seem odd to offer unlimited alcohol, yet charge for water, tea and coffee.

I hope somebody can clarify this for me please.

I apologise if this has been addressed before, but I am a newbie to Azamara (total Celebrity S-Class junkie!). We are booked on the Journey 4th June Athens to Rome in a veranda stateroom.

My TA tells me that Azamara is "all-inclusive". I know that there are also premium packages, but I think we will be happy with what is included, as long as there is decent wine available, G&T and the odd cocktail.

What I am unsure about is whether water and speciality teas/coffees (Mosaic Café) are included too. It would seem odd to offer unlimited alcohol, yet charge for water, tea and coffee.

I hope somebody can clarify this for me please.

Is the wine decent - well that is subjective but hopefully you will enjoy what is on offer.

Bottled water is included and is unlimited - and that includes big vats of water bottles on the gangway for you take ashore. Ironically sparking water (Perrier etc) is not free but if you drink club soda it is a fair substitute for some.

If you mean a speciality coffee with alcohol in it, someone else will have to answer as I don't allow my coffees to be altered. However if you are talking about coffees and ordinary syrups a la Starbucks it is included free of charge. Be careful on embarkation day, some servers can try and fool you by asking "Do you want a Nespresso" - Azamara charge for Nespressos but the fresh bean made coffee is absolutely great and no need to pay. The teas are also fine.

A tip, the coffee in the buffet can be of variable quality so what we and many people do is we go to Mosaic first, pick up a "to go" and take it upstairs. Likewise we sometimes go and get one and take it up to the pool. The "to go" trade probably makes up more than 50% of Mosaics output

Enjoy your first Azamara cruise! You have chosen a lovely itinerary

Edited by uktog

I second the views about the coffee in Mosaic. We have one to go from there every day, and also often pick up a free snack or two at the same time. Mosaic has a lovely range of snacks available all day!

We are always happy with the included spirits - Gordon Gin is my favourite. You can find a link on the web-site to the included beverages. At the very bottom click on 'on board packages', then on the right there's a link to 'included beverages'.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you are a beer drinker, than you have a very limited choice: 3 different beers.

If you prefer cocktails, there are several cocktails offered, but not all I like. Cosmopolitan, my favorite is not on the included card.

The choice for the wine of the day is from 3 different wines: one white, one red, one rose.

There were a lot of discussions the last months here about the quality. It depends what you like.

Here´s the link to the included drinks: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/de/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

If you are a beer drinker, than you have a very limited choice: 3 different beers.

If you prefer cocktails, there are several cocktails offered, but not all I like. Cosmopolitan, my favorite is not on the included card.

The choice for the wine of the day is from 3 different wines: one white, one red, one rose.

There were a lot of discussions the last months here about the quality. It depends what you like.

Here´s the link to the included drinks: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/de/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Hi wuppis

Your post appeared while I was writing. And now I'm wondering what's in a cosmopolitan that would exclude it from the list of complimentary cocktails?

Hi wuppis

Your post appeared while I was writing. And now I'm wondering what's in a cosmopolitan that would exclude it from the list of complimentary cocktails?

You can make them with vodka, triple sec and cranberry - all of which are included ingredients. Often though they also have Cointreau in them which is not included.

I will be honest I have also had them made for me on Journey many times based on the vodka, triple sec and cranberry recipe but on Quest the line was it was not on the list of martinis so they would not make it. The barman said he was told not to make them as he could not add the Cointreau. I would agree it would be very easy to add it to the list based on the simplified recipe

My favourite cocktail is a simple mojito, it´s included in the classic package on Celebrity but also not on Azamaras list. I´m now wondering if I can ask for one with standard brands or if I have to pay anyway. On the other hand there are lot of choices, so I might just try something different.

Edited by Maverine

If you are a Brandy drinker then this is NOT included in the package.

Don't ask why because I find this incredable that they include other spirits but not Brandy. I was told on the last cruise (Quest) by Phillip that they were looking into this, but don't hold your breath. Bonnie have you any more news.!!

I second the request for brandy to be added. Do I have to bring my own on board?

There are brandies on board - you can purchase by the glass, or purchase a beverage package that includes upgraded liquors https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/beverage-packages

Or you can bring a bottle of your favorite on board - that is what we plan to do with a bottle of our favorite bourbon, just for a little balcony drink now & again:p

Here´s some information about a good Cosmo.

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/19420/perfect-cosmopolitan-cocktail-recipe/

I also asked for it on the British Isles cruise, we made together Bonnie, and was also told, that it´s not included and they cannot make it for me.

I only got it on a special event in the now named Living Room, I don´t know if it was repeaters reception or Senior officers reception or whatever the evening was called.

It´s the same with Beringer White Zinfandel. If you order it at a bar or in a restaurant, you have to pay for it. If you order it during an event you get it for free. :D:)

Marita

I second the request for brandy to be added. Do I have to bring my own on board?

I totally agree.

It really bugs me that gin & whisky drinkers can finish off their evenings with a choice of their favourite tipple but, us poor souls who like a brandy, cannot without paying.

Doesn't Azamara know that a litre of Spanish brandy can cost as little as 9 euros so, including even this cheap brandy in the free drinks, should not break the bank.

Come on Azamara!

Here´s some information about a good Cosmo.

http://www.inspiredtaste.net/19420/perfect-cosmopolitan-cocktail-recipe/

I also asked for it on the British Isles cruise, we made together Bonnie, and was also told, that it´s not included and they cannot make it for me.

I only got it on a special event in the now named Living Room, I don´t know if it was repeaters reception or Senior officers reception or whatever the evening was called.

It´s the same with Beringer White Zinfandel. If you order it at a bar or in a restaurant, you have to pay for it. If you order it during an event you get it for free. :D:)

Marita

Beringer white zin, vile though it is, can be bought for $6.99 in our local liquor store. Appropriately priced, I'd say.

New wines have been OK after four days on Journey.

We don´t get Beringer White Zinfandel in Germany, marinaro44.

And on our first Journey cruise in 2012 it was one of the included wines on the complimentary list.

Maybe it´s a good idea, to buy some bottles in Miami, before we board. But I´m sure, my DH will kill me, when I come with some more heavy stuff.

Bonnie, I have to admit I just don't understand how the heck Azamara is structuring the various beverages packages and now the Like, Love, Adore beverage options. It really treats wine/champagne drinkers not very favorably. We were going to purchase the Like package as an add-on but according to your previous answer, it only includes the premium liquor upgrade but nothing for wine drinkers??? Is better beer at least included in the premium liquor option -- ???--- because the basic options are just awful. And another issue I wish (and I know I am not alone in this) Azamara would address in addition to the lack of brandy options in basic packages -- no sparkling wine option in the included beverage package. Prosecco/Cava etc. costs no more than wine, it feels like this strategy is just to get people to purchase bottles of champagne or upgraded packages and at the price point of an Azamara cruise, does not feel like good client relations, feels like nickel and diming. Could you please explain the rationale for the packages and advocate for us wine drinkers? Thank you.

I have another query! I really only drink wine, apart from the occasional G&T, but cannot stand Chardonnay!! If the white of the day happens to be a Chardonnay, is there no alternative at all? Is there even cava/prosecco available?

I have another query! I really only drink wine, apart from the occasional G&T, but cannot stand Chardonnay!! If the white of the day happens to be a Chardonnay, is there no alternative at all? Is there even cava/prosecco available?

We are not great white wine drinkers but enjoy the occasional Pino Grigio with lunch, on Journey last week we had no problems getting a glass (or two) even if it was not wine of the day. We did try a couple of other wines that were new to us, beauty is if you don't like it they will always find something else.

If you are a Brandy drinker then this is NOT included in the package.

Don't ask why because I find this incredable that they include other spirits but not Brandy. I was told on the last cruise (Quest) by Phillip that they were looking into this, but don't hold your breath. Bonnie have you any more news.!!

Bonnie,

Have you any more news for us Brandy drinkers, yes as the other OP has said we can purchase but why have Gin Wiskey etc but no Brandy, can you, Bonnie, put this request up the tree please.

Thanks

My head hurts after reading all these posts. The bean counters at Azamara need to step aside and let some marketing people develop reasonable packages that are easily understood. You need a flow chart to figure out what is and isn't included, and then what is and isn't included in each package.

I recently was on Oceania and their run of the house drinks package basically included everything except super premium. Although a bit pricey, it was simple. I don't expect such largesse from Azamara on an "included" package, but this is out of control.

I need a drink!

John

Edited by PSULion