Which way does the bed face?

sunlover33

Hi All our first trip on the Quest post refurb, we are in cabin no. 7019. does anyone know if the bed is on the left or the right as you enter the room from the corridor? I have looked at Uk tog's very helpful thread but the section re room layout is not completed in many instances so I am unable to work it out. Also any issues of noise re this room?

Edited by sunlover33

Congratulations on your Anniversary, we will make sure to take very good care of it for you. I will let you know when we return, I am hoping that someone will have the answer. I like to sleep next to the veranda and always on the left and after 30 years last year for ourselves it would feel odd to be on the other side so I am hoping I guessed correctly.

we are in cabin no. 7019. does anyone know if the bed is on the left or the right as you enter the room from the corridor?

We had 7021 on the Journey. Your bed is with the head to the front of the ship. So left if you come inside. No noise issues here.

We had 7021 on the Journey. Your bed is with the head to the front of the ship. So left if you come inside. No noise issues here.

That's great, thank you that was exactly the way we were hoping it would be, now don't have to wait to see and I can sleep by the open balcony doors.

That's great, thank you that was exactly the way we were hoping it would be, now don't have to wait to see and I can sleep by the open balcony doors.

Every ship we've been on told us strongly to NOT leave the balcony door open. Causes lots of problems with the climate control system and can be dangerous in rough seas.:eek::confused:

Never been told this and we have had many cruises, including a cruise in the Caribbean when we were caught by the tail end of hurricane Katrina, we did close the door in this instance however as it was a little windy!!! Fresh air is better than any artificial climate control system surely?

Never been told this and we have had many cruises, including a cruise in the Caribbean when we were caught by the tail end of hurricane Katrina, we did close the door in this instance however as it was a little windy!!! Fresh air is better than any artificial climate control system surely?

Azamara ask in the Daily Pursuits and sometimes also make announcements to this effect. Those who leave their doors open are messing up the air conditioning for everyone else and I believe also increasing the fuel burn/carbon footprint

I know that many people do sleep with the balcony doors open and claim they have never been told not to do that. However, on every Azamara cabin balcony door (that I have seen) there has been a sticker asking that the doors remain closed so as not to interfere with ship board climate control. The "closed balcony door request" is also stated in the daily persuits, and I have heard it mentioned by officers when it has become an issue.

Fresh air may be good for you, but the warm and moist marine air is very destructive to electronics, navigation, communication systems on marine vessels.

Interesting debate and one that tends to run and run, it won't affect the climate control if it is turned off and many ships now have systems that automatically switch off climate control, if the balcony door is left open. Cruise ships don't like it because it causes more drag and hence more fuel == more cost. However as we never slept with a closed window or curtains what would I pay for a balcony and sleep with the window shut? unless as I said before in extreme weather i.e. hurricane force winds or as posted earlier very high humidity. There are lots of cruise lines who do not have such stringent rules and are relatively relaxed re this policy.

Surely it depends on the climate of each cruise destination. As for the carbon footprint does not the ship contribute to this during the cruise and all the planes that take you you to and from the airports for your cruise? If regulations on the ship state that you cannot have the door open then I am sure that Sunlover will fall in line. If not they will have to walk the plank.

A couple of articles. Bottom line cruise lines wish everyone would keep balcony doors at night, but they will not punish the 16% who do. However, if requested to shut your balcony door, you should obey the request.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4370

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1767

• 2 months later...
We will be in this stateroom on our cruise, how was your cruise and 7019?

Hi Allison, we had a wonderful cruise, the staff were fabulous and couldn't do enough,with the majority of guests friendly and interesting. the whole atmosphere was lovely, the food exceptionally good quality and we really enjoyed the selection of dining experiences in the evening rather than always eating at the same time in the main dining room as we have always done with celebrity. The Azamazing experience was brilliant as was white night. The speciality restaurant prime C is definitely worth a visit, we didn't manage Aquilina but have been told it's equally good. Chefs table ( French night ) was amazing. There was nothing we could fault. Our cabin 7019 was well placed, we were concerned re the size pre cruise as it appears smaller than celebrity but this didn't cause any issues, the balcony was also smaller on the photographs but there is a large table and chairs which makes breakfast on the balcony a much easier experience. The cabin is well placed near the stairs and lift but not too close as to cause any noise. There may have been a little more motion on rocky days being forward, but not enough to to cause any difficulty. We were very happy and would book this room again. Can't comment on the re decoration as we have no prior experience but there was adequate storage space. we really hope you have as great a time as we did and I'm sure you too will be looking to book your next cruise with Azamara as soon as you have completed this one. Have a great time. Chris

• 5 months later...
We have 7019 on our upcoming Quest cruise. So looking forward to it. We're usually portside...looking forward to views from the other side.

Plenty of sunrises on our last cruise and in some ports the ship backed in, so we were along side the dock. In others we had a 'country view' which is preferable ( to me) than a busy dock, which can be very noisy.

Plenty of sunrises on our last cruise and in some ports the ship backed in, so we were along side the dock. In others we had a 'country view' which is preferable ( to me) than a busy dock, which can be very noisy.

I'm not much of a morning person. I love sunrises and also sunsets. I'll make the best of both worlds. I do agree about the noise sometimes on portside.