huge price drop on my sailing

auntiemjo

do any of you have advice or experience with a significant price drop on a booked cruise with Azamara? Our July 3 sailing is down almost $700! I have contacted our TA who was told they might be able to upgrade our cabin but that's it. Please advise! thanks

thanks but 2 calls from the TA and one from me have netted only an upgrade to an outside cabin which is small change in my opinion. we are in the US too but that doesn't seem to help much. to get the guarantee the price drop has to be within 48 hours of original booking. Bah humbug!

Edited by auntiemjo

Hello Maria

I am sure Bonnie will chip in when she is next on the boards, though I read she was travelling. In case your issue is urgent thought I'd just let you know:

Bonnie's role does not allow her to deal with individual queries relating to our bookings she asks us to talk to our travel agents or Azamara. Those who have cruised with them before will also sometimes contact the Le Club Voyage number or email address on the website.

Unless it's a very personal issue, you may well find you could post your query here and you will get good advice from others who may have experienced the same thing.

Hope you can get an answer soon!

Are you trying to get cash back instead of on board credit? From the wording on the price guarantee page it would be credit. We booked summer for cruise late this year, and prices are down slightly but would get cut by paying cancellation charge, and the extra would be credit according to our TA

No where on the web page does it mention a 48 hour timeline. It specifically states how it is handled if your request it before your final payment is due or how it is handled after your final payment is due.

Maybe Bonnie or someone up-the-chain can address this.

No where on the web page does it mention a 48 hour timeline. It specifically states how it is handled if your request it before your final payment is due or how it is handled after your final payment is due.

Maybe Bonnie or someone up-the-chain can address this.

What country is the OP in

Different countries have different booking conditions. I do not know if the 48hr applies in Azamara UK as I can't see their site just now because of where I am. However the "48 hour rule" is a very common rule with UK travel agents.

But if it's a July 2016 cruise, hasn't final payment already been made? I remember a thread about before/after final payment, a few months ago.

Here's the statement from the web page regarding what happens after final payment . . .

"For a Request Submitted After Final Payment:

Request for a lower cruise fare: We will apply an onboard credit for the amount of the price difference.

Request to add or change a promotional offer:

We will adjust the cruise fare to the current available rate and provide an onboard credit for the difference in price and apply the new promotional offer to your booking."

Is there a way to message you directly via email? I would appreciate your help with a situation that has arisen.

thanks

Marla

Hello Maria,

The Azamara CC community is excellent at answering questions. As Uktog suggests, you should feel free to post your question on this forum. Id suggest you start a new thread with a descriptive succinct subject line relevant to your situation.

When you write next please tell us what country you're booking in, when you plan to cruise and whether you've cruised with us before. That will help.

Bonnie

dig a bit deeper and this is what you get.....

Azamara Best Price Guarantee Form

Please fill out all fields below within 48 hours of booking your cruise to process your claim.

and when I complete the form this is Azamara's reply:

Your claim cannot be submitted as your reservation was made after 48 hours.

I'm afraid it's all a bit of smoke and mirrors. thanks for doing due diligence on my (actually all of our) behalf.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360346

so this is me. as always the CC community has jumped right it but the resolution/remidiation is in the hands of Azamara.

I get it. we cruise a lot. Empty cabins mean lost revenue but this is a tough one. We are in MA, USA.

thanks for helping out, Bonnie.

Marla

Edited by auntiemjo

dig a bit deeper and this is what you get.....

Azamara Best Price Guarantee Form

Please fill out all fields below within 48 hours of booking your cruise to process your claim.

and when I complete the form this is Azamara's reply:

Your claim cannot be submitted as your reservation was made after 48 hours.

I'm afraid it's all a bit of smoke and mirrors. thanks for doing due diligence on my (actually all of our) behalf.

I hope you get some satisfaction as it's very irritating when you see the price drop so much. We are on the same cruise. Have you checked the roll call and signed up for the meet and greet? Here is the link if that suits you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2320840&page=2

Here's what it says . . .

"You will be asked to provide the lower cruise fare and/or the Added Value offer (the "Requested Savings") as found on the Azamara Club Cruises website. The Requested Savings must be available for booking or redemption at the time that Azamara Club Cruises reviews the Claim Form submitted (usually within 48 hours from receipt of submission). Azamara Club Cruises will verify the extent to which the booking is eligible for the Requested Savings."

The way I read it (and I may be mistaken) is that the lower fare or promotion must be available when Azamara reviews your claim form, not from the time you book your cruise. In other words, you can't wait until the offer is no longer available before submitting your claim.

If it were only within 48 hours of booking your cruise, the Best Price Guarantee web page would be very misleading.

Here's how it works:

For a Request Submitted On or Before Final Payment:

Request for a lower cruise fare:

We will reduce your cruise fare to available current rates. If you have already paid in full, we will issue a refund for the difference.

We will adjust the cruise fare to the current eligible rates and apply the new promotional offer to the booking.

For a Request Submitted After Final Payment:

Request for a lower cruise fare: We will apply an onboard credit for the amount of the price difference.

We will adjust the cruise fare to the current available rate and provide an onboard credit for the difference in price and apply the new promotional offer to your booking.

Maybe the information on the web site needs changing:

IF YOU FIND A CHEAPER DEAL WITHIN 48HRS OF BOOKING,WE WILL--

For all of us going forward or those yet to book, the price adjustment will only be given if one finds a lower fare within 48 hours of the original booking. we booked a year ago so we're clearly not able to make a claim.