Question for Bonnie re: shuttles in Yangon Nov 22

mjbc

Are you able to confirm the time the shuttles start running in the mornings of Nov 22 and 23? We have private tours arranged and if we are picked up at the port exit gate, then there is no need to pay the additional gov't fee for the van to pick us up right by the Journey. I understand that Azamara will have shuttles to/from the port exit gate but I am unable to get an answer from customer service as to the time they start (7:00 am?) and how often they run.

Thanks so much!!

Are you able to confirm the time the shuttles start running in the mornings of Nov 22 and 23? We have private tours arranged and if we are picked up at the port exit gate, then there is no need to pay the additional gov't fee for the van to pick us up right by the Journey. I understand that Azamara will have shuttles to/from the port exit gate but I am unable to get an answer from customer service as to the time they start (7:00 am?) and how often they run.

Thanks so much!!

When we visited Yangon on Azamara Quest in December 2014 the first shuttle was at 9:00am and then every hour. You had to get shuttle tickets and the ealiest we could get was 10:00am. However, on both days we left the ship just after 9:00am and were offered the last seats on the 9:00am shuttle (which departed late).

Thanks! I have been in touch with Adrian (bliuenose) who was in contact with Azamara re: shuttles, and he was told that the shuttles would now start at 7:00 am; however, I would like that confirmed by Azamara, including how often the shuttles run, otherwise it might be worth the extra cost for our tourbus to pick up the 14 of us right by the ship (timesaver). In your experience how many people do the shuttles hold?

The shuttle specifics are determined by the ship personnel. They often do not know until they arrive at a port, which in this case will be the day before, 11/21. So I am unable to confirm definitively when the shuttles will start. Sorry I can't be more help.