LCV cruise. Land discoveries. ...worries

welshfamily

And, I guess the flip side is for customers (like us) with no OBC who prepaid for excursions long before the cruise and, upon boarding, find their excursions have been cancelled while AZ sat on the money for so long. I hope this doesn't happen to us on our upcoming B2Bs. Wholeheartedly agree that a self-proclaimed destination cruise line would need to up its Land Discoveries game.

Thanks

On both cruises, the trips we want to book happen on the day following embarkation so I hope spaces are left when we get back onboard

I have a conversation going with various internal departments about this, as well as the bigger concern of your of using OBC in advance. If I find out anything interesting I'll be sure to let you know.

Otherwise, I believe that while the LD desk cannot pre-sell upcoming tours, they can keep track and put you on a list for such tours. The problem may be that the tour will sell out via the system, of course.

It does seem to me that allowing B2B guests to pre-book tours while onboard, using OBC or cash, should be prioritized. That said, I am not aware of the logistical or programmatic issues being dealt with internally so my opinions are just that, opinions.

But I will keep you abreast of any changes and you'll be the first to know.

I have a conversation going with various internal departments about this, as well as the bigger concern of your of using OBC in advance. If I find out anything interesting I'll be sure to let you know.

Otherwise, I believe that while the LD desk cannot pre-sell upcoming tours, they can keep track and put you on a list for such tours. The problem may be that the tour will sell out via the system, of course.

It does seem to me that allowing B2B guests to pre-book tours while onboard, using OBC or cash, should be prioritized. That said, I am not aware of the logistical or programmatic issues being dealt with internally so my opinions are just that, opinions.

But I will keep you abreast of any changes and you'll be the first to know.

Thanks Bonnie much appreciated.

Thanks

On both cruises, the trips we want to book happen on the day following embarkation so I hope spaces are left when we get back onboard

I do understand this problem. i might prebook but can not cancel once on board if the tour the next day .almost wish it was a sea day. .but that does not happen in Europe or sailing out of Bali. i wonder if you can tel lthem the night or days before to save two seats. sometimes it jsut apys to write a letter and turn it in asap on the 1st cruise.

And, I guess the flip side is for customers (like us) with no OBC who prepaid for excursions long before the cruise and, upon boarding, find their excursions have been cancelled while AZ sat on the money for so long. I hope this doesn't happen to us on our upcoming B2Bs. Wholeheartedly agree that a self-proclaimed destination cruise line would need to up its Land Discoveries game.

lost count how many times that happens. i take that money and use it on the ship. hair color, wine etc.

Bonnie, I have asked and been told NO! I asked for 2 years when it a tour i want that i did not prebook .. how can they print tickets for the next cruise the night before. and yet refuse us to buy the day before. at least keep a running list of names. then charge our accounts -put tickets in cabin on sail away day.

seems more of us need to complain on ship in writing to HD, LD and front desk. then they email Mia and finally by 2018 problem solved..

Bonnie, I have asked and been told NO! I asked for 2 years when it a tour i want that i did not prebook .. how can they print tickets for the next cruise the night before. and yet refuse us to buy the day before. at least keep a running list of names. then charge our accounts -put tickets in cabin on sail away day.

seems more of us need to complain on ship in writing to HD, LD and front desk. then they email Mia and finally by 2018 problem solved..

Hopefully the problem will be solved waaaay sooner than 2018!

With luck sooner than 2017!!

Hopefully the problem will be solved waaaay sooner than 2018!

With luck sooner than 2017!!

I had this problem for years as have others. i was reading another cruiseline one day and read that thy can pre book and on the ship use the OBC. .works for them why not all cruiselines. same for B2B credit cards roll overs. to me it is in the operating system in Mia or the ships need updating. we need to get into the 21st century.

We have no OBC or Land Discovery credit for use on our forthcoming Arabian cruise on 24 Oct, but we are becoming increasingly disillusioned and concerned over the Land Discovery program. The tour descriptions and timings show a lack of care and attention to detail, resulting in some being inaccurate or nonsensical, and quite frankly, being missold. I have queried the content of 2 tours with shorex@rccl.com.

Tour MC58 – “Hop On Hop Off Muscat” – states that it includes a shuttle service to Qaboos Grand Mosque. However the Big Bus Tour’s own website clearly states that clients must take a taxi to the Mosque. RCCL’s shore ex team have confirmed that the tour does not offer a complimentary walking tour or the shuttle to the Mosque. They provided a revised description by email, but the Land Discoveries brochure is still incorrect.

Tour MC49 - "Mystical Muscat" – for Friday 28 October says " Enter Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque". However the Mosque is closed to non-Muslims on Fridays. In addition, the "Mystical Muscat" tour and MC52 - "Cultural Museum Tour" - for Friday 28 October include the "Bait Al Zubair" museum but, according to its website, it is closed on Fridays. RCCL’s response is “Friday is the weekly holiday in Oman and most of the sites are closed. Also 28 Oct’16 is a Friday and on Mystical Muscat (MC49) Sultan Qaboos. Mosque remains closed and no one is allowed to enter the same, however you will be allowed to view and take pictures from outside only. Bait Al Zubair Museum is also officially closed on Friday, however the operators contact the museum, closer to date to request the opening of the museum with special permission for our Azamara guests on 28 Oct’16.” The Land Discoveries brochure remains misleading.

Examples of nonsensical descriptions are Tour DA19 “Cosmopolitan Dubai with High Tea” at 09.00 on 25 Oct and Tour UD26 “High Tea at Emirates Palace” with departures at 09.30 on 1 Nov and 08.30 on 2 Nov.

Azamara’s website claims it has “In Depth Destination Expertise” but sadly this is not evidenced by the Land Discovery offerings.

Thank you for the heads up. For some reason I thought we were to be at sea on Friday. With your info in mind we'll visit the Sultan Qaboos Grand mosque on Thursday and probably do the hop on hop off on Friday. We hope taking a taxi to the mosque when 600 passengers are all arriving at the same time won't be an issue.