Celebrity aqua class devotees thinking about first Azamara cruise Norway/Iceland

djheck67

Ann,No i have not seen that. saw the dates posted. I like to find 8040 and the spa cabins . I have been in others. i have not found the apge with the spreadsheet itself but went thru the first 3 pages and the last one and notice dates. I loved my spa cabin but i did notice like the anchor but not as much as a full on bow cabin would. i am back again in it but really for me have before and after thought on 8040 or a deck 8 cabin compared to others. so i would be happy to post on either cabin.

That's great thanks

If you start from the LAST page and work up you will come to the latest update sheet - it all depends how many posts there have been since I did the update how far you have to go back

A quick way for those who want to view the latest cabin spreadsheet, there is a little paper clip along from the title. Click on it and it will bring up a list of attachments for the thread. You can click on the one with the latest date. Here's the last one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=391448&d=1470332003

Edited by excitedofharpenden

A quick way for those who want to view the latest cabin spreadsheet, there is a little paper clip along from the title. Click on it and it will bring up a list of attachments for the thread. You can click on the one with the latest date. Here's the last one:

Even better advice - and I have learned something knew today :o

Edited by uktog

That's great thanks

If you start from the LAST page and work up you will come to the latest update sheet - it all depends how many posts there have been since I did the update how far you have to go back

posted number 410 for spa cabin

now seen this and will try that. i tried to be short but honest on post 410 but like to find 8040 as some things i prefered pre dry dock and some post.i am on to long and miss the real sink cabinet for storage.i like hiidng things

Thanks so much for that hint.

I've also used the search function with some success.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't laugh Phil, have wondered what the paper clip signifies for ages!

Looks like we will be able to contribute to the sticky when we return from Journey.

See you on Friday

Well here is my little opinion: We traveled Celebrity once, in a big suite, and loved the food in Aqua. HOWEVER, we vastly prefer the AZ experience, the smaller ship, the more inclusive service (think beverages), and the more intimate interactions with the passengers. AZ is simply a much more classy experience than Celebrity. To the question, the food in the MDR on AZ is pretty close to Blu. If you want to splurge for a Club Continent Suite on AZ, you get the speciality restos which are terrific, way, way better than Blu. My recommendation is to give AZ a try and see if it is your cup of tea.

All with such great input-- thanks so much! Looks like we won't have to worry about food quality on Az. Any suggestions on which excursions are musts and which are passable? Any cabins/floors to avoid on Az ship?

I meant to say earlier, if you have status in Captain's Club you have reciprocal membership of the Le Club Voyage program. Go to the website and register under "My Azamara". Your membership number will be the same as Captain's Club. If you are looking at a standard balcony cabin it's well worthwhile registering for an LCV upgrade to a Club Continent Suite. If you get one (no guarantee of course) and for the $398 it's a no brainer. You pay at the time of upgrade if it's offered and can turn it down when the time comes if you want to. Here's the link:

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/le-club-voyage/le-club-voyage-programme/member-savings/stateroom-upgrade

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Well here is my little opinion: We traveled Celebrity once, in a big suite, and loved the food in Aqua. HOWEVER, we vastly prefer the AZ experience, the smaller ship, the more inclusive service (think beverages), and the more intimate interactions with the passengers. AZ is simply a much more classy experience than Celebrity. To the question, the food in the MDR on AZ is pretty close to Blu. If you want to splurge for a Club Continent Suite on AZ, you get the speciality restos which are terrific, way, way better than Blu. My recommendation is to give AZ a try and see if it is your cup of tea.

Celebrity Suite passengers no longer have to dine in Blu [they still can] because they get the new, haute cuisine Luminae restaurant which IMHO is better than the Azamara MDR. They also get exclusive use of Michael's Club, which has a small-ship ambience. The Celebrity Suite experience has been notched up quite a bit since you sailed.

Celebrity Suite passengers no longer have to dine in Blu [they still can] because they get the new, haute cuisine Luminae restaurant which IMHO is better than the Azamara MDR. They also get exclusive use of Michael's Club, which has a small-ship ambience. The Celebrity Suite experience has been notched up quite a bit since you sailed.

I could walk on Celebrity and get full use of every perk now but not gone back since they switch MC from the sports bar. I liked it as a piano bar. back then i still had to pay for coffee.

Total Celebrity AQ junkie and tried AZ last year. Never again! Stick with X . We did Iceland and Norway on Eclipse and it was wonderful. Can't say too much here as get totally flamed for not liking AZ. Read my review.

Perhaps you forgot to say "in your opinion" reilly1!

On Journey now and having the most fantastic time. We were talking to Captain Johannes yesterday about doing the Fjords cruise. He will be the Captain and what could be better than doing a homecoming cruise with him?

Must say that I like Celebrity too, particularly Aqua class...but does it compare to Azamara? Well, in my opinion No! It's Azamara every time for me and I'm using my precious free internet minutes onboard to tell you so. :) Like everything, try it and make your own mind up.