Angor Watt

Trend

We've done a Mekong cruise from Siem Reap to HCM. It was a wonderful experience, especially with the Angkor Wat experience at the beginning. Raffles Siem Reap was a particularly enjoyable hotel, as was the area around Pub Street. The various Angkor complexes we visited were just fantastic.

So, having said that, if you're only going to that part of the world once, then do either the ship's excursion (but miss out on experiencing Bangkok, which in itself is an incredible city) or have a side trip to Siem Reap either before or after your HK/S'pore cruise - logistics are, I imagine, easier from Simgapore.

If you expect to return, then the Mekong river trip is well worth it - 2 days in Siem Reap, 7 night cruise, 2 nights HCM, with maybe a Vietnam extension.

Tony

I do not think we will do a river up Meekong as it is not one that we will want after this Vietnam cruise. The Myrnmar one we might and thought of a side trip to Angkor or a fire land tour to other parts of Thailand that we could add Angkor to. These are all maybe could do, my concern is do we pass on ships tour on the maybe we might come back to area. Tough call since the world is a big place.

As I said we have been to Bangkok several times.

I do not think we will do a river up Meekong as it is not one that we will want after this Vietnam cruise. The Myrnmar one we might and thought of a side trip to Angkor or a fire land tour to other parts of Thailand that we could add Angkor to. These are all maybe could do, my concern is do we pass on ships tour on the maybe we might come back to area. Tough call since the world is a big place.

As I said we have been to Bangkok several times.

I did all of the above by land then by ship. personally in case you never go back then go for this. I just feel it is rushed. i had two nights in Cambodia and it was enough in one hotel due to flooding .. did i miss things- yes-but I am ok with it.

I have found that many places I have done twice and some more just to get to new ports. even on land tours i go back as i have no choice to get to the new.

only you can answer for your family not me

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Azamara land discovery to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat from Bangkok.

We did stay at the Raffles which is wonderful. We toured for two days and got back to the Journey in time for the Azamazimg evening.

A great outing that we are glad we spent the time on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Azamara land discovery to Siem Reap and Angkor Wat from Bangkok.

We did stay at the Raffles which is wonderful. We toured for two days and got back to the Journey in time for the Azamazimg evening.

A great outing that we are glad we spent the time on.

Hi goingcoastal,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! That's a tour I'd like to do someday.

And my DH had done the Taj Mahal land discovery earlier on and enjoyed that one , too. Azamara did a great job in both cases to make sure all the guests got the most out of the experience. On our up coming cruises with you we are taking the Copper Canyon railway first, and then Luxor and Petra on the next. We love these Azamara itineraries.