11 days out and no guest booklet

Bobal

With 11 days to go to our cruise on Journey, and having checked in, we still have no guest booklet. I understand that we will not receive luggage tags by post as we're in the UK and I also know that some people will say this documentation isn't important but we would actually like to receive it. We've had no email (have checked our spam boxes). Is this normal?

I also have another query re Land Discovery excursions for those in a CO. I understand that one of our 'treats' is that we can take an excursion from a choice offered by Azamara. However, I'm a little confused as one link from the website here leads me to believe there are 5 of these to choose from, however when I go in to actually book one of these there are only 2 options. I'm guessing that Bonnie is probably the only one who can help with this query.

Thanks

We got our guest booklet about a week before our very recent cruise. We have yet to receive our booklet for our September 23rd cruise. There is no need to actually have them but it is nice, I agree. You won't get "real" luggage tags anymore in the UK but the printable paper ones are fine.

With 11 days to go to our cruise on Journey, and having checked in, we still have no guest booklet. I understand that we will not receive luggage tags by post as we're in the UK and I also know that some people will say this documentation isn't important but we would actually like to receive it. We've had no email (have checked our spam boxes). Is this normal?

I also have another query re Land Discovery excursions for those in a CO. I understand that one of our 'treats' is that we can take an excursion from a choice offered by Azamara. However, I'm a little confused as one link from the website here leads me to believe there are 5 of these to choose from, however when I go in to actually book one of these there are only 2 options. I'm guessing that Bonnie is probably the only one who can help with this query.

Thanks

As regards the Land Discoveries, welcome to their world! This was exactly the issue we had in August, there is no communication in advance to guests eligible. By the time (or even IF) you find the booking link the options are drastically reduced. Most guests did not seem to discover until they got onboard and a limited tick list was offered.

In our case when we got onboard and queried it the line taken by the desk was it is not every Insider Access that is offered only those authorised by Miami. The lady also went on to say it is normally one per trip or possibly two that they make available. (No where does it say this in the publicity).

I suppose there is also a risk that the other ones you are looking at are booked out already. For us they had already cancelled one due to lack of demand :rolleyes:

Unfortunately if you cannot do an Insider Access on their nominated dates they will not allow you to substitute an ordinary land discovery trip.

See post 1520 here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2109945&page=76

I had a problem a few weeks ago and emailed Azamara, who told me they have had problems issuing documents and were aware. They emailed me a link.

We had to get our TA to call Azamara and he forwarded the guest booklets on to us. This only took 5 minutes.

Re documents. I don't think there is a 'one size fits all'

The Azamara reps at the airport had luggage tags and completed them for anyone who needed them.

We didn't need our documents for the plane but we did need our transfer documents for the transfer from Rome airport to the ship but not on the return journey. We simply had to fill in a sheet with our name,cabin number and flight details. The lady then told everyone their terminal and checking desk, not that we couldn't look ourselves once in the airport.

Have a lovely cruise.

What is the guest booklet? What does it contain? I can't remember receiving anything printed from Azamara, but haven't sailed with them recently.

All I've ever had is the booklet you can print out along with your Xpress Pass. However, maybe that's because I have e-documents checked on my reservation/ My Azamara, rather than having 'send paper documents' checked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All I've ever had is the booklet you can print out along with your Xpress Pass. However, maybe that's because I have e-documents checked on my reservation/ My Azamara, rather than having 'send paper documents' checked.

Yes that's the one I mean. No actual need to have it as it's just a little booklet with the details of the cruise but it's nice to get it. I don't usually print it out though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

And that's all I expected. I have no desire to have documents sent in the post, I never do with any other cruise lines. However, all that I can see is the Express Pass - a one page document - there is no booklet attached, and I can't even get to that without clicking through every page of the online check in every time I try

I will take upward uk's advice and email customer service. Thanks for the link

I know Azamara are having trouble with their site and I could get no further than doing express check in,I got in touch with my TA they then rang Azamara and they kindly e-mailed me a link to print luggage lables and guest booklet .

They were very late sending my GTB, I think it was 10 days out.

Agree you don't need it apart from the bag tags that are on page8 or 9.

However despite having printed out the Xpress Pass, I don't feel like I'm actually going until I get the GTB!! [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Had the identical problem for our Quest Cruise last month. Only way we got an e-mail with the booklet as an attachment was to have our TA contact Azamara and got it quickly. Queried Bonnie about a process and after over a month she finally posted their process but, it never happened per the process for us and others on our cruise and evidently the lack of following any process has continued. No link was ever posted to our account so while the word is that there is a process and you should get an e-mail, appears the so called process is broken and doesn't work. Seems to be another glitch from the home office and really glad the on board experience doesn't match all of the home office issues!!!

Thanks for all the responses.

I contacted our TA who managed to get the link and forward it on to us. Why on earth it has to be so complicated is beyond me.

However, we now have the guest booklet - showing the wrong stateroom as we were lucky enough to be approached for an upgrade last week and that obviously hasn't made it's way through the system :)

We got our guest booklet about a week before our very recent cruise. We have yet to receive our booklet for our September 23rd cruise. There is no need to actually have them but it is nice, I agree. You won't get "real" luggage tags anymore in the UK but the printable paper ones are fine.

Luggage Tag story. On a Celebrity cruise out of Harwick we had bought a transfer from the Airport near Windsor since we were staying in Windsor for a few days.. We were told that we could get luggage tags at the port. Well I had made some from what was mailed and attached them at the hotel I Windsor, When we got to the airport to catch the bus to the port, we were told to give our luggage to a certain person and I watched as he threw the luggage into the back of a truck with about 200 other bags. Now if I hadn't put those homemade luggage tags on our luggage how were we going to find our luggage at the port to put luggage tags on them?

Our luggage got to our cabin OK. Always have luggage tags on your luggage before you leave your hotel or home if you fly in day of cruise.

Luggage Tag story. On a Celebrity cruise out of Harwick we had bought a transfer from the Airport near Windsor since we were staying in Windsor for a few days.. We were told that we could get luggage tags at the port. Well I had made some from what was mailed and attached them at the hotel I Windsor, When we got to the airport to catch the bus to the port, we were told to give our luggage to a certain person and I watched as he threw the luggage into the back of a truck with about 200 other bags. Now if I hadn't put those homemade luggage tags on our luggage how were we going to find our luggage at the port to put luggage tags on them?

Our luggage got to our cabin OK. Always have luggage tags on your luggage before you leave your hotel or home if you fly in day of cruise.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with taking a cruise on Azamara and you are just going to get people unnecessarily worried. For the record I have gone to the port on many occasions without tags and it's a very straightforward process. There are maximum 694 guests on an Azamara ship. It's never been a bun fight for me. I'm leaving on Journey on the 23rd September and will get tags at the port in Civitavecchia then and am not concerned.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with taking a cruise on Azamara and you are just going to get people unnecessarily worried. For the record I have gone to the port on many occasions without tags and it's a very straightforward process. There are maximum 694 guests on an Azamara ship. It's never been a bun fight for me. I'm leaving on Journey on the 23rd September and will get tags at the port in Civitavecchia then and am not concerned.

Please accept my apology. I did not mean to upset anyone. I was just relating a story that had happened to me when I was told to throw my cases in the back of a truck and would not have had cabin number tags on them.

Thanks

I apologize Bobal. I know it's too late but I'll see what I can find out about the tour selections. And do write again to let me know how it goes at the LD desk.

Agreed, I always get my luggage tags at the port and never had a problem either. The cruise docs are totally unnecessary. An Xpress pass is convenient but if you don't do the online check-in and don't have one, the check-in at the port only takes half a minute longer (from experience).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have gone without my bag tags and they do them at the port. but always someone who is looking at my passport to enter the building is looking at my express pass. more so in the states vs another country. but they seem to want it.

I apologize Bobal. I know it's too late but I'll see what I can find out about the tour selections. And do write again to let me know how it goes at the LD desk.

Bonnie, since you asked I thought I would come back and report what happened about our free Land Discovery excursion as part of sailing in a CO suite.

When we boarded we were only offered one option - a Tour to a Mozzarella farm in Sorrento. We signed up for it, only to have it cancelled the day before - so no free tour for us. Lack of demand was the reason given.

It didn't spoil what was a wonderful experience on Journey, but worth pointing out to manage the expectations of those who are hoping to participate in an included tour.

Bonnie, since you asked I thought I would come back and report what happened about our free Land Discovery excursion as part of sailing in a CO suite.

When we boarded we were only offered one option - a Tour to a Mozzarella farm in Sorrento. We signed up for it, only to have it cancelled the day before - so no free tour for us. Lack of demand was the reason given.

It didn't spoil what was a wonderful experience on Journey, but worth pointing out to manage the expectations of those who are hoping to participate in an included tour.

Thanks for the update - expectations for this weekend managed suitably floorward again then :rolleyes:

I went online tonight to look at the excursions for 30 September cruise and the excursion to the Insider Access for Sorrento is now not being offered (it was last week in the brochure I downloaded) so has it been permanently withdrawn or what?

Looks like our plans for this cruise are already unravelling before we have got onboard

I am quite confused about the Insider Access Tour for my cruise, as well. Our cruise is 3-6-17 Auckland to Sydney on Journey. On Azamara's website, it features a Feeding Frenzy Tour in Hobart...HB 69 an the Insider Access Tour. When I follow the link to book it for 3-19, it is not there! Not offered! That is not good!

I am getting concerned that tours that we may want to book for our bucket list cruise will not be offered and/ or cancelled once we get onboard. I am even willing to forgo using OBC to secure some of these tours, but there seems to be quite a few problems with the shore excursion department!

Bonnie, this is the only concern I have with my upcoming cruise on Azamara. I know everything else will be good, but this is a concern for a cruiseline that advertises itself to be all about the destinations.

I guess I am going to have to do all private excursions to make sure we get the tours we want.