Azamazing Evening in Livorno

BBQ Lover

We are new to Azamara. Our upcoming Azamara cruise has an opera based Azamazing Evening in Livorno which features three tenors singer Italian opera favorites. We are really not opera people. In fact, I wouldn't go to an opera at home if somebody gave me free tickets.

My question- Is this Azamazing Evening something so special that it shouldn't be missed or would non opera fans be better off exploring Florence after dark.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

It won't be like attending an opera -- no long scenes to move the plot along, just the highlights of beautiful arias one after the other. OTOH no scenery to divert your attention if you still don't like it... I would go. Our Azamazing Evening in Bergen Norway was billed as a concert but was really a recital by three performers from the Bergen Symphony -- so someone who doesn't care for evening-long symphony concerts might have found it much better than expected (again, it consisted of several short pieces -- the good stuff). Azamara puts a lot of effort (and expense) into these Evenings, so you might as well give it a try.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We did this evening event. To answer your question re dinner, no, this is not served at the opera house. You go there for the recital. You can eat on the ship beforehand or afterwards. The event is fun and free, you do not need to be an opera fan to enjoy it. Not able to comment on your 'Florence after dark' alternative as you didn't say what things you were wanting to do there on that particular evening?