Butler tasks when booking suites

travelberlin

Hi everybody, could you please kindly let me know what are your experiences with butlers when booking suites? Is he/she the same as the cabin attendant or a different person?

I prefer to unpack and pack my luggage myself, so this is for me not something I am going to request a butler. Once on Silversea, we really did not have any request that would need a butler. How about you? Is there an area/tasks where you think it is nice to have a butler on a cruise?

Hi everybody, could you please kindly let me know what are your experiences with butlers when booking suites? Is he/she the same as the cabin attendant or a different person?

I prefer to unpack and pack my luggage myself, so this is for me not something I am going to request a butler. Once on Silversea, we really did not have any request that would need a butler. How about you? Is there an area/tasks where you think it is nice to have a butler on a cruise?

my wonderful butlers sometimes help me with unpacking dresses and hanging them up. saves time.. They bring breakfast not room service. they bring anything you eat to your cabin not room service. .they bring afternoon tea. they take care of spa and dinner rezies if you do not want too. mine gets me other little things as needed.. guess who brings the ice daily too.

there a list in cabin or what they will do for you.

Your butler and stateroom attendant are different people. We pass all our main requests through the butler. Our experience is any time we order room service the butler has brought it.

I never get him to help on embarkation day and unpack myself. Although it is stated they will help they are actually very very busy that day and honestly if I asked him to do it another guest would get less attention. However if you really want his help he will do it

Don't worry about the packing, unpacking thing it's something the cruise lines like to list as a duty but in 12 years over many different lines we have never had a butler offer to do so. No doubt if asked they would do but it's definitely not compulsory.

Butlers are in addition to the stewards and the mainly look after any food and beverage needs you may have. On Azamara for us this usually means leaving us hot water to make tea in the morning, serving breakfast, and insuring we have the glassware we require available. In addition if you order room service this will be served by either your butler if he's on duty or the duty butler if it's during a break period.

They will also make speciality restaurant bookings for you, deal with shore excursion bookings and delivery of any forms, comment cards etc. Really anything to make your cruise life easier.

Of course they will be serving a number of suites so aren't intrusive and mainly only respond to requests that you make. I'm sure that many others will add things that butlers do for them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i find with packing it helps as i have them check the top of the closet where i toss gifts.. I also like their helper as they can lift my suitcase of he bed and get it out into the hall. i travel anywhere from 3 to 10 weeks and always have a lot. I have never asked fro help with tours.. but i have sent butlers to the front desk to get a newspaper or pick up passport. learned i have to get it myself.. I also found once i settle into a cabin i need them less.

Don't worry about the packing, unpacking thing it's something the cruise lines like to list as a duty but in 12 years over many different lines we have never had a butler offer to do so.

Ditto with Azamara and Celebrity butlers. Never offered or needed.

I'm pretty low maintenance so don't ask much. I've had get togethers in the cabin and he's set these up. Room service breakfast if ordered will be brought by him. Some butlers are better than others.

We are also low maintenance however I think you will be surprised by how helpful an Azamara butler is.

On our last cruise our butler kept our fridge full of soft drinks and mixers, brought ice, fresh lemon, afternoon tea, or coffee and cookies if we had missed the tea trolley.

Dealt with our Laurdrey, particularly a stain on a new dress and dry cleaning of a pair of men's dress pants. Dealt with a change in speciality dinning when we wanted to invite people to join us for dinner and confirmed our attendance at the Azamaring evening.

Our butler also insisted on going down to guest services for a new room card for me when mine stopped working.

Little things which make you feel spoilt.

Have a wonderful time.