Norwegian Inside Cabin

kattlinx13

Sooooooo..... I am looking to book an inside cabin for my honeymoon for next May on the Norwegian Escape. We just went on a Royal cruise a few weeks ago where we had a balcony which I feel was not necessary. What are some opinions on what locations to book... forward, midship, or aft??? Also, what deck should we book??? Should we book lower like 8

Or 9 or go go higher like 13,14, or 15??? I want to book this week. Thanks. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually mid ship is for those who may have some sea sickness issues it is a little less motion there search the floor plans for the ship you will be on and try to book between floors with staterooms less noise you don't want to be under a night club or pool deck where they relocate chairs dozens of times a day and night also the lower decks sometimes have extra engine noise check out my blog if you have other travel questions and Congratulations

Thanks. :)

Yeah we were on a Norwegian deck 4 ocean view a few years ago and every morning like clock work we heard grinding. Was soooo annoying. I don't want to be too love someone did tell me that if ur inside doesn't matter where you are.

We are fans of inside cabins but always select one with passenger cabins above and below. We don't want public areas over or under us because of noise concerns. I've read too many comments about hearing deck chairs being moved around in the wee hours of the morning or listening to the "party" from a bar or lounge below your cabin.

You can view that ship's deck plans here If you click the little link on the page near the top which says "Click here to drag these decks", you'll see all the decks side by side and you can drag one over another to see what is below/above a given cabin.

Hope this helps,

~Brian

Thanks. That's awesome.

Do you like aft, mid or forward?

We are more concerned with what's above and below than aft vs forward. We don't seem to really notice the motion during a cruise so it is not as important to us. Generally speaking, lower and more centered puts you closer to the ship's center of gravity and will experience the least amount of movement.

~Brian

Sooooooo..... I am looking to book an inside cabin for my honeymoon for next May on the Norwegian Escape. We just went on a Royal cruise a few weeks ago where we had a balcony which I feel was not necessary. What are some opinions on what locations to book... forward, midship, or aft??? Also, what deck should we book??? Should we book lower like 8

Or 9 or go go higher like 13,14, or 15??? I want to book this week. Thanks. [emoji4]

Take the time to do your homework. Something near an elevator is good (Escape is a BIG ship and only has elevators forward and aft,,,, nothing in the middle. Then consider what's above and below you. Deck 8 insides are far away from an elevator, but you can stumble from the bar back to your room without negotiating any stairs. You will get motion and noise (pounding of the sea) in heavy seas (we had a Deck 10 forward facing cabin last summer). And there is a crew bar somewhere near there (probably not open while the ship is underway). Similar for Deck 9 - very far forward.

We like to book around deck 9. Something where there's cabins above and below you. Then from deck 9 it's 3-4 flights up to the buffet and pool and 3-4 flights down to the dining rooms and theater. We prefer to take stairs so this works well for us.

There seems to be many inside rooms on decks 8, 9, 12, 13, and 14. I will have to print out the decks and see. I'm just scared too low we will be woken up to grinding every morning like we were on the gem deck 4 years ago.

Haven't sailed Escape so can't offer any personal advice on her, BUT we always try to book a "sideways" inside cabin. Although typically the same square footage as other inside cabins, the layout of these tend to make the stateroom feel roomier.

There are only 3 sideway Insides on Deck 5, MID/FWD port side - just behind the front elevators & stairs - per deck plan w. triple occupancy - 100% agreed about the better layout of the small square footage. Just be careful of the corner of that drop-down pullman bed as it's hinged on the long wall as 2 of you won't need that.

Corridors on deck 5 are wider and very little foot traffic, except for those on the deck and crew members coming up from "below" especially when there's a shift change ... you get plenty of warm & friendly hello's as they are expected to be (at 10 steps away) We had an Inside on the Breakaway that was further back and it was smooth while cruising at sea, even with 10' to 15' waves - barely feel the ship movement. Very unlikely to hear any noises from below and the anchors/chains are much, much further upfront - only lowered & raised if the ship is tendering in a port.

Guest services/lobby reception on Deck 6 is above your area but I don't think noises at late night is going to be an issue. O'Sheehan's is 2 flights of stairs up, directly above for 24/7 comfort food. To get to all the MDR, just walk toward the back (AFT) of the ship & then go up. If you are going to the buffet, do the same & there's always going to be space inside the elevators to get in & ride up. To burn off some calories, deck 15 to deck 5 would be a nice exercise on real stairs.

Insides on deck 8, 9 and 10 are limited - almost all extreme FWD or AFT - long walks to the "nearest" stairs or elevators - and, narrower corridors - starting at deck 11 and higher, you get more avaiability for MIDship Insides. If OP aren't prone to motion sickness and can handle rough sea condtions, pick one of those.

We are booked - priced recently for almost a steal with the tax sales - on another *Away ship this late Fall and picked our MIDship Oceanview as those are among our preferred location, we've done the ("micro") balcony on the same ship before and won't really miss it, aside from the day/sofa bed option.

P.S. We're on the Gem in 2012, deck 4 Fwd & portside and the only grinding noise was at one port in the Caribbean ... and, when they move heavier equipment around to setup for ports, a few doors down - but none of those at late night.

Deck 14 AFT-MIDship is better than deck 15 (if you reference the deck maps) - get one of those near the AFT stairs & elevators, inside corridors that shared a common hallway, those are pretty good.

Any Oceanview on deck 5, MIDship at reasonable & competitive prices, especially if it dropped ?

Otherwise, you are going to feel a little lateral or sidway movement and motion if sea state are rough & tough, no matter what - floating 13 stories high at sea.

I ended up booking room 14667. She said it is mid ship but to me looks like aft on the deck plan. They do have 14657 available which is more towards mid ship. Idk if I should call back and ask them to change it. Uggggg why am I being so crazy. Lol

#14667 would be 3 doors down from the AFT elevators along that small inside only corridor - it's quiet. We had #13665 on the BA 3 years ago, very similar. It sleeps 4 so be careful not bumping into the edges of the pullman beds. It is still considered MIDship but toward AFT, better than those on the extreme forward or back of the ship ... in case of really rough seas, less motion felt.

Here - I'm linking our Insides to give you a better view of what the room would be like - AND, you will have 2 pullman beds, on both sides.

IMG_20140329_142703.jpg?dl=0

IMG_20140329_143253.jpg?dl=0

#14657 sleeps only 2, moving toward closer to truly midship - you can reach it only via starboard side's "main" corridor & make the turns to get into that interior corridor. No extra beds hanging on the wall - same square footage, etc. - a little longer walk to the elevators & stairs, good for exercise after meals. IMO - I would switch to that while it's available still.

BTW, congrats & enjoy the honeymoon cruise.

Edited by mking8288

I have not sailed on the Escape, but I still offer the suggestion of booking an inside cabin that is only for 2. As others have mentioned, some sleep 3 or 4, but if you book cabins for 2 only, you do not have that drop down bunk to bump your shoulders on (taking up air space) and you have more room underneath one bed for your luggage storage. So, it feels roomier.

I'd stick with 14667, to be closer to the elevators. I would get tired real quick of the hallways leading to 14657, plus that cabin is on the end of a row of cabins, next to the dreaded "white space". The area above this block of cabins on Deck 15 is also "white space", whereas 14657 has more cabins both above and below.

There seems to be many inside rooms on decks 8, 9, 12, 13, and 14. I will have to print out the decks and see. I'm just scared too low we will be woken up to grinding every morning like we were on the gem deck 4 years ago.

Get one that has other staterooms above and below it to have the best chance of less noise. We had horrible noise once on deck 4 of the Dawn because we were right above the laundry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk