Question about wine with Platinum Latitudes dinner perk

terrymtex01

We are traveling as a family with two staterooms, each stateroom will be Platinum Plus. My question is concerning the bottle of wine you are given with the dinner perk. Are you able to take any leftover wine back to your stateroom.

We are traveling as a family with two staterooms, each stateroom will be Platinum Plus. My question is concerning the bottle of wine you are given with the dinner perk. Are you able to take any leftover wine back to your stateroom.

It's yours to do Whatever .

I have brought a number of bottles home ( sealed ).

Brings up a good situation.

If we are on the UBP - we get unlimited wine by the glass. We also get a bottle for dinner. So, why not just do the by the glass at dinner and take the bottle back to the stateroom for drinks there?

Or as one poster did - take the bottle home.

Personally, we never have any portion of a bottle that needs to be stored (we finish it), or bottles to take home (we finish that too!)

If we are on the UBP - we get unlimited wine by the glass. We also get a bottle for dinner. So, why not just do the by the glass at dinner and take the bottle back to the stateroom for drinks there?

Or as one poster did - take the bottle home.

I think you'll find that this is what many (most?) people do, and what they have been doing for years with the Platinum wine, even since the UBP came onto the scene.

We asked for our selected bottle of wine to be unopened @ specialty & taken it back to the stateroom with us - when sailing from homeport. We find great use for it - great to marinate stew and red meat, etc. at the home "gallery".

Earlier this month, we had 2 bottles of "sparkling" wine and took it to MDR for dinner, they exchanged 2 chilled bottles & open it for us.

you can take it back or have it saved for another meal, but who has extra wine after a nice dinner? :cool:

Thank you all for your replies. We are taking Doug's parents on this cruise as it will be their 50th wedding anniversary so we both booked separate rooms through CAS, but we will be in one and Doug's parents in the other. Although I cook with wine often, neither Doug nor I drink it. I'm a gin person and Doug whisky. So we have never paid attention to how the complimentary bottles of wine worked. We have always given them to people in the restaurant, etc. But his parents both enjoy wine so we were checking out the options.

Haven't been on CC in a while, we have taken several land trips recently that were on our bucket list. GaryCarla and NewMexicoNita, great to read your replies old friends. I have missed you.

Great to see you back on these boards. Loyal posters are missed. Funny how we do notice. I think of you when I buy milk that is past the expiration date of my cruise. I believe you are the one that did the happy dance for this. My greatest find is organic milk has a much later expiration date so the happiness kicks in weeks sooner. Welcome back to the boards.

Great to see you back on these boards. Loyal posters are missed. Funny how we do notice. I think of you when I buy milk that is past the expiration date of my cruise. I believe you are the one that did the happy dance for this. My greatest find is organic milk has a much later expiration date so the happiness kicks in weeks sooner. Welcome back to the boards.

LOL.. thank you. I still do that, be it for a cruise or land trip..

There is a "special free wine list". Not going to find any of the expensive wines there.

Wine list - probably the CHEAP end of the Viva Vino program:

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

_#_ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

# Alice White always a favorite of mine

Not quite 2 buck chuck stuff (Wal*Mart lable) but palatable otherwise !

No you are not going to get a rare imported $250 bottle from the south of France

vintage when a Pope was born !

Here's our recent Viva Vino list, the free list is in a nice binder.

Birdtravels embarked on the Breakaway today, maybe he can get that exclusive list from specialty.

1eff4e1dcb59ccc52aff075831c97887.jpg

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.