Only out of curiosity.

I know the do's and don'ts of flying home after disembarking. How late or how early to get a flight, but I was just wondering how early someone has made it off the ship with carry only luggage, gotten to Miami airport, gotten through security and arrived at their boarding gate. How did you accomplish this risky task? And no, I am not trying to get an early flight. I always book late afternoon or early evening and unwind before I get back home. As I stated, I'm just curious.

In February, we were through security at FLL at 8:30 after disembarking the Getaway.

This was helped along by several factors. First, we were in the Haven and one of the first off the ship doing self disembarkation. We had a car service waiting for us. And lastly, one of the large Royal ships were held up at the Ft. Lauderdale port, so the lines hadn't built in the Southwest terminal. And lastly, we are all TSA PreCheck.

We always try to book our flight home around 10:45am...have never had to rush, and never carry our bags off the ship ourselves. We do ask to be in one of the 1st groups off, and usually have over an HOUR to wait at our gate. So far, so good!

Last time I flew in for a cruise, 2010, I took the Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral. We had a 1:10 flight out of Orlando and took the cruise line bus to the airport. If I remember correctly we had plenty of time to make our flight out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Our earliest was 9:30am out of Fll. Sailed the 3 night Bahamas on the Sky. We did express walk off and had prearranged transportation. We made it the airport with plenty of time to spare.

BTW - there are plenty of factors that could cause one miss an early flight. And there are plenty of factors that could cause one to miss a later flight.

Our earliest was 9:30am out of Fll. Sailed the 3 night Bahamas on the Sky. We did express walk off and had prearranged transportation. We made it the airport with plenty of time to spare.

BTW - there are plenty of factors that could cause one miss an early flight. And there are plenty of factors that could cause one to miss a later flight.

FACTORS BEING:

Ship:

Late getting in (pilot to guide ship into port late ?)

Trouble with connecting Gangway to ship

Longshoremen and union worker problems

Checked luggage delayed to claim area

CBI understaffed and picky picky about nit picky details

Port to Airport:

Cabs Uber Lyft has disagreements

Traffic to airport - accident congestion rush hour snafu

Your cab has mechanical (flat tire etc.)

Airport has lane closings traffic security

Airport:

TSA Security threat

Lines at baggage check-in

TSA PreCk not open

TSA understaffed

Other Police action

Airline:

In bound flight late - results in late out bound

Crew problems

Oversales - not on airplane

Mechanical problem with airplane/equipment

Computer flight plans and other operational issues

Weather at origin airport enroute (connection city) or destination

Relax folks this is your Captain "Speaking" - where have I heard that before ?

These are not the Droids you were looking for - move along now !

AND "Don't worry be Happy" - "Nothing can go wrong - nothing can go wrong "

Hey - Que Sera Sera !

In February, we were through security at FLL at 8:30 after disembarking the Getaway.

This was helped along by several factors. First, we were in the Haven and one of the first off the ship doing self disembarkation. We had a car service waiting for us. And lastly, one of the large Royal ships were held up at the Ft. Lauderdale port, so the lines hadn't built in the Southwest terminal. And lastly, we are all TSA PreCheck.

This is just amazing. Did your ship come in, in FLL or Miami? If it came in, in Miami, you hauled butt! Kudos!

I know the do's and don'ts of flying home after disembarking. How late or how early to get a flight, but I was just wondering how early someone has made it off the ship with carry only luggage, gotten to Miami airport, gotten through security and arrived at their boarding gate. How did you accomplish this risky task? And no, I am not trying to get an early flight. I always book late afternoon or early evening and unwind before I get back home. As I stated, I'm just curious.

I have made it before 9:00, and then waited 3+ hours. Getting to MIA is not a problem, especially if you are not on one of the "away" class ships. How did I accomplish it? good question - I wasn't trying, wasn't rushing, I just went with the flow.