Tipping with prepaid gratuities

AudenHoggart

We've never used prepaid gratuities before, but we are this time on Celebrity. (We pretty much had to because we couldn't get a set dinner seating.)

Anyway, I'm not sure whether and how these amounts should be topped up and, if so, for whom.

We've always used Concierge Class on Celebrity, which we like. One of the best things about it is the ability to get a full breakfast on our veranda.

On past cruises our cabin attendant has always brought the breakfast and we took this into account and gave her a larger tip at the end of the cruise. This time, with the prepaid gratuities, I'm not sure how to handle this. We could just give her something extra at the end, or I suppose we could just tip her each time he/she brought breakfast.

What's your advice about this?

Thanks!

This is one that you will get several opinions on so in the end you just have to do what works for you.

Some will say no need to tip more. Others will say most definitely tip.

Others will say like I do do not overthink this. Just figure it out on the ship based on the service you have received. You might find that some personnel far exceeded your executions and you would like to tip them more. If so, then just either do that on your shipboard account or in cash.

Remember, this is a personal choice. No right or wrong.

Keith

We have tipped above the prepaid gratuity when service has been above standard. We have tipped, in cash, our room steward, dining room staff, bar waiter and a bar tender. We tip at the end of the cruise, the last day. We give extra tips only to those who have earned it, not just everybody.

If the same person brings your breakfast every day then give her the tip at the end. If its just room service then you tip each time they bring something.

We don't drink during the day, I get just ice for my husband and I. How much is 15% of free ice? I always ask the same bar tender and he calls me his "ice lady". At the end of our cruise I give him a thank you tip of $20

We've never used prepaid gratuities before, but we are this time on Celebrity. (We pretty much had to because we couldn't get a set dinner seating.)

Anyway, I'm not sure whether and how these amounts should be topped up and, if so, for whom.

We've always used Concierge Class on Celebrity, which we like. One of the best things about it is the ability to get a full breakfast on our veranda.

On past cruises our cabin attendant has always brought the breakfast and we took this into account and gave her a larger tip at the end of the cruise. This time, with the prepaid gratuities, I'm not sure how to handle this. We could just give her something extra at the end, or I suppose we could just tip her each time he/she brought breakfast.

What's your advice about this?

Thanks!

For our cabin steward we always tip above the prepaid gratuity and we tip at the end of the cruise.

If someone else brings our room service tray we give them a tip at the time of delivery.

Like others have posted, we have tipped after paying our pre-paid gratuities, such items as excellent bar service, and room service.

The concierges for their assistance.

Bartenders in the conciernage lounge

Just something we have always done.

Enjoy

If you've PRE PAID your tips...you're done. If you feel a need to tip more, bear in mind what you've already paid!

That said, the Concierge and/or Butler is NOT included in the normal tips. Tip them according to how much they do for you.