Barcelona May 2016 post cruise 4 nights

hklein7300

Looking for any suggestions for a great hotel excellent location. Want king bed

not noisy great view if possible. Do like creature comforts and possibly free bkfst but thats not a deal breaker. Looking for comfortable bed and pillows to crash after sightseeing all day.

Restaurant suggestions appreciated. We like fine good food over quantity or chain restaurants. Looking for suggestions of where to visit and must sees. Any tips on tours or discounts appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Check out Hotel 1898, It is on the upscale side of hotels, very quiet considering it is right on Las Rambles and about a 10 minute taxi ride from the port. Once at the hotel it is a five minute walk to the hoho at Cataluña Square We have stayed there twice and will stay with them on our next trip..happy cruising

We've stayed twice at the Hotel Barcelona Universal (May, 2013 and September, 2015), and were very pleased with both experiences. Both times our rooms had king sized beds -- the first time we stayed there we were in one of their deluxe (over-sized) corner rooms and last September we booked one of their terrace rooms (large living room with separate bedroom and large terrace overlooking the city). Love the location -- not as touristy as La Rambla but yet close to many attractions. Friendly and multi-lingual staff. A Barcelona subway station is located just outside the front door. We had good wi-fi connection in both rooms and both rooms also had tea/coffee making facilities. We also booked rates which included their buffet breakfast (both hot and cold offerings).

"Check out Hotel 1898, It is on the upscale side of hotels, very quiet considering it is right on Las Rambles and about a 10 minute taxi ride from the port. Once at the hotel it is a five minute walk to the hoho at Cataluña Square We have stayed there twice and will stay with them on our next trip..happy cruising"

I second Hotel 1898 - not only was it a lovely hotel and in a great location, it had a large bed, which is very unusual in Europe in my experience. Also a lovely rooftop terrace with a variety of seating (tables, loungers, etc), a pool, and a bar. I would go up there most nights to enjoy a sangria and tapas while lounging and reviewing my day (and the day's photographs).

I would definitely stay there again if I went to Barcelona.

"Check out Hotel 1898, It is on the upscale side of hotels, very quiet considering it is right on Las Rambles and about a 10 minute taxi ride from the port. Once at the hotel it is a five minute walk to the hoho at Cataluña Square We have stayed there twice and will stay with them on our next trip..happy cruising"

I second Hotel 1898 - not only was it a lovely hotel and in a great location, it had a large bed, which is very unusual in Europe in my experience. Also a lovely rooftop terrace with a variety of seating (tables, loungers, etc), a pool, and a bar. I would go up there most nights to enjoy a sangria and tapas while lounging and reviewing my day (and the day's photographs).

I would definitely stay there again if I went to Barcelona.

I third Hotel 1898 - it is so close to the Boqueria Market and even a Starbucks (if you are so inclined). Definitely go to the spa in the basement - it is fantastic and free for hotel guests.

We spent a week post-cruise at the Duquesa de Cardona and loved the location as well as the rooftop bar and pool area. We had a king bed in one room and twins in the other.

http://www.hduquesadecardona.com/

Thanks for the lead on this one. We are only doing one night pre cruise and our flight gets in a little late at that, so I was looking for a different area for the short stroll and dinner. With this one, both Borne and the little port area are close and both have some good places for dinner.

Edited by buggins0402

A couple of months ago some cruise friends and I stayed at the Hotel Montecarlo pre-cruise. It's right on Las Rambla right in the midst of the favored tourist area. It's lovely, clean, bright, and comfortable. Great staff too! My room's bath had a spa tub/shower ... very nice after a day with a lot of walking. Also nice was the electrically operated bed ... can't think of the name of it, but the head and foot could be elevated to one's comfort There's a rooftop lounge area, a bar in an indoor lounge area off the lobby, and a restaurant for breakfast (not free, but great, pleasant service and a nice selection of foods) also off the lobby area. We were all very pleased with it and the location.