State Department Advisory of 11/23/15

NCJean

Well that's interesting. Did he miss the recent ISIS video singling out New York City as their next target? Then again, he also made the bold statement about ISIS being contained as recent as 2 weeks ago right before Paris was struck. Yeah, no threat.

I know what you mean. Here's a link to his statement today:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/25/obama-national-security-council-islamic-state-thanksgiving/76366960/

When I watched it I was just puzzled. Does Obama not know about the State Department warning of yesterday and also the other things you mentioned? It was just the strangest thing that he would come out with a statement like this now.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/25/obama-national-security-council-islamic-state-thanksgiving/76366960/

When I watched it I was just puzzled. Does Obama not know about the State Department warning of yesterday and also the other things you mentioned? It was just the strangest thing that he would come out with a statement like this now.

I just heard that Paris hotel bookings over Christmas is down 26 percent and that France's economy has ha ready been significantly affected. Perhaps the U.S. President is concerned for the US economy and wants people out travelling and shopping?

I just heard that Paris hotel bookings over Christmas is down 26 percent and that France's economy has ha ready been significantly affected. Perhaps the U.S. President is concerned for the US economy and wants people out travelling and shopping?

I don't know. I also wonder what the State Department thinks of his announcement.

Well that's interesting. Did he miss the recent ISIS video singling out New York City as their next target? Then again, he also made the bold statement about ISIS being contained as recent as 2 weeks ago right before Paris was struck. Yeah, no threat.

I heard NYC announced as a target but am I imaging I also heard Washington, DC? I was sure I even specifically heard White House? Am I making that up? :confused: Maybe that wasn't included in the President's briefings?

I so fervently hope, like I presume everyone here, there will be no more horrid attacks.

I didn't think Obama's statement and the State Dept Alert were contradictory. The Alert is general, by its very nature (i.e., "worldwide", not focused on one specific area or terrorist group), and the President is saying there is no specific threat. General = not specific.

Also, just because ISIS or any other terrorist group makes a threat, it doesn't mean that it is credible. It may be that it's been determined that these threats are not credible or possible to put into action and are intended just to intimidate.

Our fear is what fuels those uncivilized and ignorant parasites. Our way of life must continue so as to not allow that power they are looking for to thrive.

Our way of life must continue and one of those liberties is to travel. Bon Voyage to all!

I hear there will be a very large number of police and specialty dogs ect at the NY city THG day parade. I wonder if its because the government is extremely concerned about the safety of the parade goers or if its to actually get parade goers to go. Many of those officers will be plains clothed officers. How important is a huge crowd at the Macy Parade. My feeling is its very important for optics as much as anything else.

I hear there will be a very large number of police and specialty dogs ect at the NY city THG day parade. I wonder if its because the government is extremely concerned about the safety of the parade goers or if its to actually get parade goers to go. Many of those officers will be plains clothed officers. How important is a huge crowd at the Macy Parade. My feeling is its very important for optics as much as anything else.

There are a lot of security measures we aren't aware of. A friend had some nuclear medical imaging done a few weeks ago, and a couple days later he was stopped by some polite but firm Feds at Penn Station because his body was still radioactive enough to set off a portable scanner that was apparently in use. They asked him a couple of questions, were satisfied with his answers, thanked him, and sent him on his way.

That said, we've had two breaches in a week with people landing on overseas flights that were sent into domestic arrivals and never cleared CBP before leaving the airport. So obviously the system is far from perfect. And don't get me going on the inept TSA.

There are a lot of security measures we aren't aware of. A friend had some nuclear medical imaging done a few weeks ago, and a couple days later he was stopped by some polite but firm Feds at Penn Station because his body was still radioactive enough to set off a portable scanner that was apparently in use. They asked him a couple of questions, were satisfied with his answers, thanked him, and sent him on his way.

That said, we've had two breaches in a week with people landing on overseas flights that were sent into domestic arrivals and never cleared CBP before leaving the airport. So obviously the system is far from perfect. And don't get me going on the inept TSA.

Wow, I had forgotten about that. A family member had a nuclear stress test a few years ago and prior to the test, the doctor asked if they had any immediate plans for air travel. Apparently it can cause a problem at the airport if it has not yet cleared the body.

Wow, I had forgotten about that. A family member had a nuclear stress test a few years ago and prior to the test, the doctor asked if they had any immediate plans for air travel. Apparently it can cause a problem at the airport if it has not yet cleared the body.

A friend was stopped at a land border (this was entering Canada from the US) for the same thing......set off a radiation alarm, but they were satisfied when he explained he'd had a nuclear scan.

Edited by calliopecruiser

What was more interesting about Obama's statement is at the end, he said if there was a creditable threat, the American people would be told. Does anyone believe that we would be told the truth by our govt today? I doubt it.

I will make travel plans based on being informed by a variety sources for sure.