Transportation in Venice

laxrunners

If you come over to the Italy board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

you will see many discussions on the options. Essentially you have land and water taxis, as well as land and water buses. Which you take depends on where you are going, time you have, and budget.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Can anyone recommend transportation in Venice from theto the Hotel, Hotel to Port, and Port back to Airport?

Hello Lax runners,

It is also very easy if you take the bus. Couple of years, we actually took the bus from Piazza Roma to go to the airport. We disembarked, took our luggage and boarded a shuttle train to land. The Piazza is right there and bought 2 tickets to go to the airport. Its a direct bus. I am sure you will get the same bus from the airport. About 6 euros per head. No hassle and very convenient. You can also google Piazza Roma. I learned a lot from CC and its about pay back time?

Enjoy

Peter

Hello Lax runners,

It is also very easy if you take the bus. Couple of years, we actually took the bus from Piazza Roma to go to the airport. We disembarked, took our luggage and boarded a shuttle train to land. The Piazza is right there and bought 2 tickets to go to the airport. Its a direct bus. I am sure you will get the same bus from the airport. About 6 euros per head. No hassle and very convenient. You can also google Piazza Roma. I learned a lot from CC and its about pay back time?

Enjoy

Peter

Good info, except what if their hotel is the Hilton? No land bus there. But there is the Alilaguna (water bus) which stops right at the hotel. Not expensive, and includes a good tour of the area as you go.

Can anyone recommend transportation in Venice from the airport to the Hotel, Hotel to Port, and Port back to Airport?

I agree with those who said to check the Ports of Call <Europe<Italy forum.

There is lots of good information and the answer to your question will actually depend on where your hotel is located.

We have done the bus and cab a number of times from Venice to the airport and reverse. No issues. I think we hopped on number 7 (?) bus that a local pointed out. But...we travel with carry on so it was not an issue for us. There is also an airport bus at the Piazza.

There are plenty of cabs. Cab is faster and much less expensive than a water taxi....assuming that you are simply going from the Piazza Roma to the airport.

Edited by iancal

It all depends upon where the hotel is.

When you arrive at P. Roma from the airport if you have taken either the bus or a taxi, you still have to catch a vaporetto if the hotel is not in walking distance.

It is not the walking. It is the bridges!

You can catch the alilaguna line from near St Mark's Square to the cruise terminal. You can also catch it from the cruise terminal back to the airport. It really depends if you are up to hoicking suitcases.

Good info, except what if their hotel is the Hilton? No land bus there. But there is the Alilaguna (water bus) which stops right at the hotel. Not expensive, and includes a good tour of the area as you go.

Alilaguna boats are the best way to get to/from the airport. There are three or four routes, color coded, and you can get to pretty much anywhere by picking the right one. It is a shame to think about arriving in Venice, the Queen of the Sea, on a bus.