Less than 2 weeks - Have a few questions!

amanda1007

We are sailing out with the Magic in less than 2 weeks and are so excited. The other 3 folks going with our group have all been on cruises in the past, but this is the first for me and I'm a bit of a planner and am more than excited to start packing as soon as holiday guests leave! But I have thought about a couple things, just wondering if any of you had the answers. Thanks in advance for any help!

-Will the ship have holiday decor/theme set up? (I'm thinking Christmas cards)

-On a December cruise, should I worry about it being to cold for pool time and laying out in the loungers?

-Do the rooms have toiletries provided? Like a hotel?

I think that's it for the moment, I'll probably remember something else in a bit.

Some of your questions are best answered on the Carnival board here at CC...Assuming you are on Carnival Magic, and not Disney Magic. Weather should be nice and warm, you will be able to lay out by the pool. They usually start decorating for Christmas as soon as Thanksgiving is over. Carnival has bodywash and shampoos in dispensers in the shower. Bring anything else you need.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. EM

We are sailing out with the Magic in less than 2 weeks and are so excited. The other 3 folks going with our group have all been on cruises in the past, but this is the first for me and I'm a bit of a planner and am more than excited to start packing as soon as holiday guests leave! But I have thought about a couple things, just wondering if any of you had the answers. Thanks in advance for any help!

-On a December cruise, should I worry about it being to cold for pool time and laying out in the loungers?

I think that's it for the moment, I'll probably remember something else in a bit.

Yes, you will see holiday decorations as they normally go up around Thanksgiving or right afterwards.

There will be basic toiletries including soap, shampoo and conditioner.

In terms of weather you never know. If in the Caribbean you should have days where you can sit out on the deck and swim in the pool. The pools will be heated.

Keith

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

The ship will be decorated!

Depending on your itinerary for being warm enough to be in the water. The Bahamas are way cooler than the Caribbean.

Yes, toiletries like a hotel.

The only thing Carnival now has for toiletries is soap and they are hotel size. They have soap and shampoo dispensers on the shower wall. WE bring our own soap and shampoo with us as we're not crazy about what is in the dispensers or the small round bars of soap they give you..

The atrium will be decorated for Christmas with a tree and often hanging decorations.

I don't know where the Magic is going. The Bahamas weather is like Miami's- Nassau is about 90 miles from there. Weather elsewhere will be nice, more likely in the 80's. Keith said pools on ships are heated but we've been on 5 different cruise lines and don't remember any heated pools. On some ships they fill the pool with the salt water the ships is sailing on, sometimes they empty it at night then fill it up again for next day.

If you are on the Magic you're out of Galveston. Might be a bit cool that first day when you're leaving port but the next day should be nice.

I believe the ships are being decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I'd bring the toiletries you want.

Have a great cruise. We're on the Magic in January.

You might want a light jacket when you board. It will probably be a little chilly this Sunday morning.

Also, Dickens on the Strand is happening in Galveston Dec. 4-6, so expect some extra traffic and delays.

Are you all planning on going to some of the festivities? http://www.galveston.com/dickensonthestrand/

And here is your roll call for your cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2025451

Edited by Jimnbigd

That's a good idea, I had read on several blogs that taking a jacket would be a good idea, already have it laid out!

I live less than an hour from Galveston, so no, not doing Dickens on the Strand, but definitely something to see for those who haven't!