Sample Menus on Princess Website

rjohn40787

The Princess website provides sample menus for Sabatini's and Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse, among others. Are these sample menu complete sample menues or partial sample menus? For example, at Sabatini's, if a guest wishes to have a different pasta option - e.g., spaghetti bolognese - is that (or something similar) also on the menu?

The Princess website provides sample menus for Sabatini's and Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse, among others. Are these sample menu complete sample menues or partial sample menus? For example, at Sabatini's, if a guest wishes to have a different pasta option - e.g., spaghetti bolognese - is that (or something similar) also on the menu?

Those are the same complete menus they have in their specialty restaurants but I haven't requested something not on the menu. It's very doubtful to me if you could get anything not on the menu & a couple of years ago there was only 1 type of nightly pasta decided by the chef & it could be different each night without knowing in advance. We enjoy having the 3 pasta options now...I like the Penne con Brasato di Manzo (braised short rib over penne, grana padano) and my wife the Spaghetti allo Scoglio (langostino, diver scallops, tiger shrimp, vongole and black mussels in cherry tomato sauce). :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

As Astro Flyer posted, that is the complete menu for those venues. Don't know if they will make modifications with several days advanced notice for dietary concerns but don't expect any change the night of your dinner.

That's probably true. The may not have the ingredients on hand in the Sab's kitchen. I haven't tried to ask for different pasta, but I think having several choices would be good idea. It might generate more traffic in the restaurants. I know the original concept was Northern Italian, but they've changed the menu before. They could do it again. I love spaghetti bolognese, and I have had the best ever in Venice (maybe a bit too north for that! LOL.)

That's probably true. The may not have the ingredients on hand in the Sab's kitchen. I haven't tried to ask for different pasta, but I think having several choices would be good idea. It might generate more traffic in the restaurants. I know the original concept was Northern Italian, but they've changed the menu before. They could do it again. I love spaghetti bolognese, and I have had the best ever in Venice (maybe a bit too north for that! LOL.)
The new tweak to Sabatini's menu replaced the one rotating pasta of the day with a set choice of three pastas. Fortunately, one of the choices is the Penne con Brasato di Manza. Edited by IECalCruiser

The new tweak to Sabatini's menu replaced the one rotating pasta of the day with a set choice of three pastas. Fortunately, one of the choices is the Penne con Brasato di Manza.

That's my favorite & I could make a meal from it.

I don't recall the name of it but some nights in the MDR they have a similar option for their nightly pasta course. I don't know if Princess had a 'special of the night' pasta course before merging with the Italian cruise line Sitmar but I'm happy that it's still an option on Princess.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The new tweak to Sabatini's menu replaced the one rotating pasta of the day with a set choice of three pastas. Fortunately, one of the choices is the Penne con Brasato di Manza.

Yes, I remember that. What I was getting at is that if there were more pasta-type entrees available, people might be more inclined to go there. I know the Royal/Regal Alfredo's restaurants do some more southern Italy type food. I have no problem with the northern concept, but I do think a few more pastas would expand Sabatini's appeal. (Get the chicken. It is so good.) :)

Yes, I remember that. What I was getting at is that if there were more pasta-type entrees available, people might be more inclined to go there. I know the Royal/Regal Alfredo's restaurants do some more southern Italy type food. I have no problem with the northern concept, but I do think a few more pastas would expand Sabatini's appeal. (Get the chicken. It is so good.) :)

That's also my favorite entrée! :)