Suite perks

deise17311

Greetings -

We have 2 penthouses on Emerald plus a premium balcony all aft - here is my question:

My 13 yr old niece and 16 yr old nephew will be in the balcony while my sister and husband in penthouse and me and my mother in penthouse. My mom and I will not use Sabatinis - could we ask the host and allow my niece and nephew to join their parents each day instead of us?

Thanks -

Thanks for your response - not looking for arguments but it seems dumb that if we gave up our spots for the entire trip for 2 kids to join their parents it shouldn't be such a big deal - the spots have been paid for - not asking for extras - 2 spots paid for so who cares who uses the 2 spots???

not looking for arguments

It seems you are choosing to make an argument out of advice provided by a fellow cruiser who may have expertise. This was my experience also until sailing on the Royal in April. If you are in a suite, you get breakfast in Sabatinis, If you have others in your party not in suites, they are not accommodated. Although, I have seen them break the rules on the Royal. We booked a suite and DH had breakfast in Sabatinis. I went occasionally. On one day, a family came in with a situation such as yours. They all were admitted. Not sure I think it's right. We paid for the benefit. Others int he party did not. But, you can try. It's not totally analogous to your situation.

It seems you are choosing to make an argument out of advice provided by a fellow cruiser who may have expertise. This was my experience also until sailing on the Royal in April. If you are in a suite, you get breakfast in Sabatinis, If you have others in your party not in suites, they are not accommodated. Although, I have seen them break the rules on the Royal. We booked a suite and DH had breakfast in Sabatinis. I went occasionally. On one day, a family came in with a situation such as yours. They all were admitted. Not sure I think it's right. We paid for the benefit. Others int he party did not. But, you can try. It's not totally analogous to your situation.

They shouldn't have been (JMHO).....:mad::mad::mad:

Bob

Do suite cruise cards look any different from the others? We will be experiencing our first Princess suite in three weeks time. When we had a suite on Celebrity it has "Suite" printed on it. Perhaps a little gauche but as we had to flash it to get priority tender boarding I wondered if Princess was the same.

cheers

Stu

Argument? Really so now expressing an opinion is an argument? Again - we will eat on the balcony - but as I stated we are NOT ASKING FOR EXTRA PEOPLE - we are swapping out THE ENTIRE TRIP MY 2 SPOTS for my niece and nephew - but no worries WE WILL NOT DO THIS - Cruise critic can rest easy!

I would ask.

I have read an exception being made. There is someone on this board who sails with their parents. Parents in suite, adult daughter in a lower cabin. The Mother did not want to go so the daughter went to the breakfast with her father every day.

Edited by Coral

I would ask.

I have read an exception being made. There is someone on this board who sails with their parents. Parents in suite, adult daughter in a lower cabin. The Mother did not want to go so the daughter went to the breakfast with her father every day.

Thank you - it seems reasonable - not asking for extra people and it would be the same people everyday not mixing it up - we will ask politely and if the answer is no, it is ok - and we would not make a fuss -

Thank you - it seems reasonable - not asking for extra people and it would be the same people everyday not mixing it up - we will ask politely and if the answer is no, it is ok - and we would not make a fuss -

It may also work its way out anyway. That is about the age of our DDs when we started staying in suites and our kids in the balcony next door. Not that we tried, but they had no interest in getting up to go to Sabatinis for breakfast! That is still true today! However, they did like us to go sit in deck loungers until they rolled out of bed. We don't like laying out, so we sit there watching MUTS until they come up at 11:00 and we give them our chairs! Still not sure if they understand the full effect of that parental sacrifice....

Have a great cruise with your family. Safe Journeys, Paul

Sorry but the person must be staying in a suite.

Not necessarily true...

We were in a PH suite on the Regal for a TA during fall 2014. I asked the head waiter if I could bring a guest to Sabatini's on a morning my DW didn't want to go. I was given the okay without hesitation.

I suggest the OP ask for permission in advance. You might be pleasantly surprised...

xxSignature_zpsh7o3rsok.jpg

Do suite cruise cards look any different from the others? We will be experiencing our first Princess suite in three weeks time. When we had a suite on Celebrity it has "Suite" printed on it. Perhaps a little gauche but as we had to flash it to get priority tender boarding I wondered if Princess was the same.

cheers

Stu

They have the word Suite printed in the upper right corner.

Just double check when you get them. Two years ago, ours didn't say 'Suite' and it took a lot of convincing at embarkation when we headed to the Elite/Suite boarding area. So, not to be pretentious, we did go to Passenger Services and we agreed that it wasn't a big deal. Unfortunately, we weren't as lucky at our tender port, where they wouldn't let us be priority, because of that flaw. So, if that happens, I would now ask that our cards be swapped with correctly marked cards.

Hope that helps (without sounding either gauche or pretentious).

Thanks, Paul

• 2 months later...

Leaving on Saturday - will let yo know how it works out - I plan on asking the host of my niece and nephew ages 13 and 16 can eat with their parents instead of my mother and I the entire trip - again - we have 2 penthouses and balcony connected - instead of my mother and I using our benefit, we will ask that the 2 children take our places the entire trip so they can eat with their parents -

We are home a week from our Suite cruise on Island Princess. The Maitre'd invited the table of eight next to ours in any time dining to come to Sabatini's every morning for breakfast with the suite passengers although they were not in a suite. They came every day. We asked the manager how this could be and he thought they must have known someone high up on the crew.

I would suggest asking nicely and you most likely will have your request accepted.

Have a great cruise!

Linda

There are exceptions to every rule.

On RCCL, we had suites and were able to take non suite kids with us

On NCL we had suite and they allowed my sister to go everywhere we went

All you have to do is ask; not asking to break rules just looking for a little leeway. It's your vacation

Leaving on Saturday - will let yo know how it works out - I plan on asking the host of my niece and nephew ages 13 and 16 can eat with their parents instead of my mother and I the entire trip - again - we have 2 penthouses and balcony connected - instead of my mother and I using our benefit, we will ask that the 2 children take our places the entire trip so they can eat with their parents -

Read my above post. It is possible to get what you want.

Edited by AF-1

The Maitre'D at Breakfast in Sabatini's has a list of all the suites and the names of all the passengers booked into the suite. They check you off and write down the number of people who came for breakfast. So, I there were 4 in a suite and they came at separate times, they would know it was OK to admit the latecomers. We saw someone try to bring in some friends they were traveling with only to be turned away and told they were sorry, but it was for registered suite guests only.