Wallet stolen

Drews_Cruise

What a frustrating cruise we are having. 1 hour on the Royal Princess and my wallet went missing. We went to the muster drill and returned to the cabin to find my wallet was not on me. Three days now and the wallet was not handed in. It's almost unbelievable that someone on a princess cruise could be so cruel as to not hand it in. I wonder how the person who took it can live with themselves....it's not Princess's fault but they don't seem to care much either. I would have thought security would at least pay a visit.:(

Sorry to hear about your situation, that really can ruin a vacation.

A tip for the future, we always place our wallets and valuables in the safe upon boarding. The only time we take our wallets out is to go off the ship and then we remove all the cards/etc that we will not need off the ship.

Sorry to hear about your situation, that really can ruin a vacation.

A tip for the future, we always place our wallets and valuables in the safe upon boarding. The only time we take our wallets out is to go off the ship and then we remove all the cards/etc that we will not need off the ship.

Like LACruiser, I put everything in the safe when I enter the cabin at embarkation. I figure I don't need to carry around money, passports, etc.

My phone went missing once while on board. I was pretty sure that it was in the theater, and was told that the cleaning crew would find it and turn it in the next morning. When no phone turned up, I went to the theater to look for it myself and found it jammed between two cushions.

Sorry to hear that your wallet was lost or stolen. :( A suggestion is to go to the Captain's Circle host(ess) and explain what happened; that you're frustrated at the lack of action.

I hope it's found and returned to you but my guess is that there's no way to prove it was stolen vs. just plain lost.

FYI, the very first thing I do after boarding is to put my purse, wallet, jewelry and valuables in the safe.

I am so sorry. I agree with others who say that the first thing we do when getting into the cabin is to set the safe combination and then put both of our wallets, jewelry and passports locked in the safe.

I find it hard to believe it could have been taken or pickpocketed by another passenger at Muster Drill. Are you sure that it didn't fall out of your pocket maybe while seated at the pier in Port Everglades or do you definitely remember having it while on the ship? We usually carry on a purse, wine container, carry on bags, etc and it would be easy to set something down and forget to pick it up in the excitement to board. Unless you are sure you had it, might be worth a try to have ships personnel contact Port Everglades to see if it was found.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Have you searched your luggage? It may have been knocked into the luggage while unpacking and storing luggage. I say this as one who experienced this scenario with a bracelet. I knew I had it on moments before I lost it and I hadn't left the room. We pulled the luggage out and there it was!.

I absolutely love to put items in the sides of chairs (e.g. i pads, phones, wristlets...). I stand up, then sit down and said item wedges down into the crevices. And then I get distracted and walk away... Crazy, I know.

I love the suggestion to look in the crevices of the seats.

I have what I call my travel wallet. It contains my medical card a single credit card and my drivers license. That is all I take on a cruise along with some cash. It and the pasdport go into the safe and only come out as needed.

I don't understand these women that carry around a purse while on a cruise. I too put everything into the safe and only carry my cruise card till I get off the ship. I see women carrying purses all the time. I don't get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand these women that carry around a purse while on a cruise. I too put everything into the safe and only carry my cruise card till I get off the ship. I see women carrying purses all the time. I don't get it.

I carry a wristlet. It is tiny and has a strap to hang from my wrist. I carry my cruise card, my coffee card, a chap stick, and a tiny pack of tissues. I don't like to put things in my pockets, so my wristlets do the trick.

Because there has been no response from the OP I suspect he may have found it, in his cabin, and he's too embarrassed to let everybody know. 😄

It's been said already but the only thing that needs to be carried is your key card or pass card or whatever your cruise line calls it. I've seen people carry 3 inch thick wallets that can barely fold in half and a ton of keys. In any case I hope the guy find his wallet.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Some of us need a comb, lipstick and tissues...etc.....we don't want to go all the way back to the cabin to "touch up"... so if you don't want to look good....not a problem! Don't carry your "stuff" around! No worries! We like to be able to fix ourselves up when and where we want!

What a frustrating cruise we are having. 1 hour on the Royal Princess and my wallet went missing. We went to the muster drill and returned to the cabin to find my wallet was not on me. Three days now and the wallet was not handed in. It's almost unbelievable that someone on a princess cruise could be so cruel as to not hand it in. I wonder how the person who took it can live with themselves....it's not Princess's fault but they don't seem to care much either. I would have thought security would at least pay a visit.:(

Perhaps you lost it in a location and it hasn't been found. I don't know what security could have done since you indicated that Princess didn't care, so I assume by that comment you reported the loss. How do you know someone stole it?

I carry a purse so I have kleenex, gum, lipstick and most importantly my glasses. I need them if I want to read a book or a menu.

Did you check in the cushions of the chairs?

Something doesn't add up here....you are accusing someone of stealing your wallet (based on the title of your thread), yet you don't provide any details to back up your claim as to when you definitely last had your wallet. The first thing I thought of was the Seinfeld episode where Morty was in the doctor's office where he was "sure" his wallet was stolen.

I sure hope you ultimately find it as there is nothing worse than having to call all your credit card companies and replacing ID's, etc.

Maybe you misplaced it and forgot you hid it somewhere in the cabin. That is why when you report something missing the crew will do a thorough search for you. Walk back over all your events and maybe you will find it.

If you don't know what happened to your wallet why are you assuming it has been stolen? What evidence do you have that it was stolen? The fact that it is no longer in your possession does not automatically equate the fact that someone took it. I am a perfect example of someone who can convince themselves an item has been stolen only to later discover it was right where I dropped, left, or misplaced it.

1 hour on the Royal Princess and my wallet went missing. We went to the muster drill and returned to the cabin to find my wallet was not on me.

I hope you can make the best of what time you have left at sea without your wallet in your possession.

Weird, right? Some people like to do thing one way and some like to do something else. I understand that is a very hard concept for some to wrap their heads around.

Hope it's found.

Losing your wallet sucks. Came home from a camping trip once and couldn't find mine. I only used it once to go buy firewood from the camp host. Cancelled all the cards, went to the DMV for a new license, etc.

Found it rolled up in my tent when I went camping again a few weeks later :rolleyes: