Ruby's Electrical Outlets

akgomer

First time on a Princess cruise - cruising on the Ruby to Alaska in May. What are the plug ins like/how many in an oceanview room? Does a multi plug-in adapter work on the outlets(didn't on Celebrity)? So many things to charge now a days...

First time on a Princess cruise - cruising on the Ruby to Alaska in May. What are the plug ins like/how many in an oceanview room? Does a multi plug-in adapter work on the outlets(didn't on Celebrity)? So many things to charge now a days...

If the inside cabins are like the balcony cabins (I think that they are) there are two 110v outlets by the desk and there is one that is available behind the TV. There is also a low output 110v in the bathroom which works with shaver and toothbrush chargers and the like. We take a small, non-ground fault breaker power strip and it works fine. The biggest challenge with device chargers is that the plugs all seem to be oversize or odd shaped due to them needing to be transformers. The double plug arrangement by the desk is too close together to accommodate more than one plug at a time.

Edited by ar1950

This is the standard desk outlet on Princess. this happens to be from Emerald. There is also an outlet behind the TV, which is using half of it.

BG-9.jpg EM

That's how many I remember. Just the 2.

We got a USB hub that's awesome. It's thechargehub.com, has about 7 USB ports. It charged the Kindles, iPads, and iPhones, worked great. The charger is big so it blocks the entire outlet when plugged in. So, if I needed a straightening iron I had to unplug, but it worked just fine.

A good idea is to bring a 6 plug power bar, and 25' extension cord, especially if you need power by the bed. :rolleyes:

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07 April 2012, 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

22nd cruise - Carnival Ecstasy 10 - 14 January, 2013, 4 Day Bahamas, Port Canaveral Ret.

23rd cruise - Sapphire Princess 30 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

24th cruise - Coral Princess, 19 May - 22 May, 2013, 3 Day Repositioning Cruise, LA - Vancouver

25th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

26th cruise - Emerald Princess, 06 - 16 October, 2013, 10 Day Canada - New England, Quebec city to New York

27th cruise - Royal Princess, 24 November - 01 December, 2013, 7 Day,Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

28th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 20 - 24 Jan, 2014, 4 Days, California

29th cruise - Crown Princess, 03 - 10 May 2014, 7 Day, LA to Vancouver.

30th cruise - Pacific Princess, 05 - 12 Aug. 2014, 7 Days, Vancouver RT, Alaska

31st cruise - Golden Princess, 13 - 17 Oct. 2014, 4 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT,

32nd cruise - Crown Princess, 20 - 27 Dec. 2014, 7 Days, LA - Mexican Riv, RT.

33rd cruise - Coral Princess, 27Apr. - 02 May.2015, 5 Days, LA - Vancouver, Repo

Good idea about the power bars, etc.

On the Ruby's sister, the Emerald, in E730, the outlets behind the TVs were covered up by some kind of homemade plywood covering. So I wouldn't always count on the behind the TVs outlets. I was shocked that I couldn't get at them.

I rotated charging devices, day and night, to get them all charged. I charged older Panasonic shaver during the day, when I was away, figuring no one would steal that.. No one did, and no bad vibes about doing it, either.

Enjoy your cruise!

• 4 weeks later...