Coral "On the Bayou" show

AtlantaCruiser72

I am also interested in this.

I have heard that the show has been configured to be presented in other venues. And, I am assuming that it is still on the Coral, in the Universe Lounge. We probably won't try to see the shows, but I understand that this one might be something we want to see.

Since we are on the topic of the Bayou, I would also be interested to know about the Bayou Cafe & Steakhouse on the Coral Princess. I have read mentions of live music. I wonder if this is common, and what type of music/musicians it might be.

This show was not performed on our Jan. 30 cruise, but our cruise was a short one so maybe it is done on longer voyages.

The entertainment at the Bayou cafe was a hour of piano music, it was while we were eating dinner, I think from 7-8 pm or thereabouts.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I know it was removed from the Island when they eliminated the Universe lounge.

Nope. Still being staged on the Island. We saw it on the Dec. 5, 2015 Island cruise through the Panama Canal. It's just that it's now on the main Princess Theater stage since the Universe was nuked.

Jim

Is this show still being performed on the Coral Princess? I know it was removed from the Island when they eliminated the Universe lounge. Hoping they have kept it on the Coral post dry-dock as I'm planning an Alaska cruise on her :D

Yes its still on the Coral in the Universe Lounge and its still on the Island performed in the Princess theater.

The entertainment at the Bayou cafe was a hour of piano music, it was while we were eating dinner, I think from 7-8 pm or thereabouts.

It's been a couple of years since we last dined at the Bayou Café and it's sad to learn that the jazz trio no longer performs there. :(

Even back then cutbacks had resulted in only one jazz trio who would go between the Coral & Island & were not always available on each ship. Hopefully the jazz trio is still performing & was on the Island but not on your cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

If they can put it on in the Princess Theater on the Island, wouldn't it be wonderful if they would let us see it on other ships. That's one show I'd see every cruise.

They've modified Motor City's Vista Lounge performance to have it in the Princess Theater and it would be great to have the Island's version of "On the Bayou" performed in the Princess Theater on other ships.

I wrote a review---

On the Bayou show was on the ship. It actually wasn't very popular on that sailing. I would have liked it better if it were done in the atrium- Basically a dixie land style band- which I would have really liked on a New Orleans street-

The few people that were at the show did seem to really enjoy it. DH and I saw the last 10 minutes of the first show, and realized it wasn't for us- or we would have stayed for second show. But these kind of shows are subjective-

We like classic Broadway revue type production shows on ships--

As far as the Bayou cafe- We loved it. The management and staff were very nice and accomodating and the food was excellent.

What is the Universe Lounge used for on Coral? Doing Alaska this summer and not familiar with the ship.

We have seen many different types of shows there.

Its a 2 story lounge with not so great site lines from the upper level.

Comedians

Bands

Bingo

contests

Production shows