No more 30 day discounts

midwestchick

But maybe look forward to more LCV $398 upgrades, who knows.

Unless you lived near ports or had access to regular cheap price flights, it was rare you could make such a last minute decision. Most Azamara cruisers need to make quite major travel plans with their cruises so doing it less than four weeks before going was very rare.

So IMHO it will make very little difference to Azamara cruisers

Actually the CEO of RCCL said there would be no more "steep discounting" within 30 days of a departure. They indicated they would rather to upgrades or let some cabins go empty rather than discount by what became 90% at times to fill every cabin. For example Carnival last year had $49 fares! And RCCL $149. Those days are gone for RCCL and the lot, but discounting is not over!

Actually the CEO of RCCL said there would be no more "steep discounting" within 30 days of a departure. They indicated they would rather to upgrades or let some cabins go empty rather than discount by what became 90% at times to fill every cabin. For example Carnival last year had $49 fares! And RCCL $149. Those days are gone for RCCL and the lot, but discounting is not over!

Now that we are retired and spending time in Florida, we had hopes of getting in on some of these last minute deals. Timing is everything. However, on our Vision of the Seas cruise last year that we had booked early, there was a last minute sale of $199 per person to fill the ship. It was horrible. Lots of high tiered Royal Caribbean cruisers demanding special treatment and throwing their status level in everyone's face. I felt so sorry for the Concierge. It was his first cruise in his new position. It will take something really spectacular to entice us back to Royal Caribbean after that cruise.

I'm not seeing anything exciting about Exciting Deals. Their price per day without perks is a lot higher than before the announcement was made.

Same here but people on facebook are saying they got a price decrease. When I check my upcoming cruise it's higher than when I booked but I did book on board and the perks I have are better.

My booked January sunset veranda increased in price the approximate equivalent value of the second added perk during the current promotion. They're just hiding it in the cruise fare.

My grocery store does something similar. Mark a 2ltr bottle of Coke to $1.99 so they can do a BOGO at 99 cents.

Same here but people on facebook are saying they got a price decrease. When I check my upcoming cruise it's higher than when I booked but I did book on board and the perks I have are better.

There are both reductions and increases depending on demand. The only thing the new policy is doing is there are no more huge cuts - like 50% MORE off - within the last 30 days or so. There can and are discounts, just not as large. They still want to sell cabins!

Celebrity has xciting deals while RCL has the rci sales event. Is there an Azamara equivalent?

My upcoming cruise is on X. There was a discount a while back on our Aug. Azamarra cruise and I grabbed it. I had to cancel and rebook but my TA picked up the $50 penalty.