Our journey on the Journey after drydock

kaz

We too had a delayed debark in Miami on the December TA.

Nothing to do with AZ, purely US Homeland whatnot who seem to delight in turning a simple operation into a disaster. I understand that they also had Public Health staff in the qalley, who slowed down/stopped the flow of food to Windows.

My first time in USA and definitely the last!

Hey Peter! Hope you are well.

It is normal. Whenever I was in the USA bordercontrol slowed down everything. You need to keep that in mind when you travel there.

To be fair it wasn't helped by being at the end of a transatlantic and with the ship coming from Europe for the first time in a few months there were "procedures". Not helped by the fact that all the crew had to go through immigration first and there was a delay. Azamara tried to be helpful by using the larger docking area with the electronic immigration system, but to no avail. It was a bit chaotic, but we made it! A necessary evil with travel, but being a small ship helped.

Phil

And I've had to wait an hour at immigration to leave China and I still go there;) Bureaucracy - everyone has it; it's just a part of travel that must be endured to get to the part we like:D

Well said, and I totally agree. On the bright side, while it's an annoyance, nearly all of it doesn't affect the onboard experience. Maybe one of these days the embark and disembark will improve, but I'm not holding my breath on that one :)

Sorry you feel that way, and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but to say I need to be more objective is utter nonsense, and not nice, especially in light of the time and effort I've put into this. Sheesh !

Keep in mind, that some of the biggest complainers initially were people that weren't even on the ship, and they were talking as if they were here. They weren't. Period. Everything that I've been stating has been fair and balanced, and, as I see it. While I do not doubt that some folks may have had more serious issues, it does seem clear that some folks wanted to complain and complain about the smallest of items, and... they were compensated for the shortfalls. I'm really not sure what more Azamara can do. IMO, they've been more than fair.

BTW, other than the items mentioned on my thread a few minutes ago, the ship is looking great, and I'm very hopeful that those on the next sailing will be pleased.

I know that I would greatly prefer to be on a cruise with Andy, than with those who delight in pointing out every flaw.