Azamara and Celebrity

Nana57

I have cruised many times on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Is Azamara anyway connected to Celebrity? Can I book Azamara cruise while on Celebrity? Is my Elite status on Celebrity carried over to Azamara? If it is, do I benefit from this status on Azamara?

All three companies are part of the RCCL family. Azamara and Celebrity are connected directly through the Captain's Club and the number is the same for both lines. The benefit tiers are also similar for both lines and travel on either adds to your level. You can book cruises on any of the three lines at any of the three lines. Hope this helps

Just off Summit. WE wanted to book an Azamara cruise. The onboard agent was clueless about the % discount for discoverer plus. She told us that she would check and get us the discount. She was pushing for us to book a Celebrity cruise. She was annoyed that we wanted to sail on Azamara. She was very much against us booking an Azamara cruise. Why? My hunch is:There probably was more in it for her if we booked a Celebrity cruise. We did not book on the ship. My regular TA offered a better price on Azamara compared to the onboard agent.

Just off Summit. WE wanted to book an Azamara cruise. The onboard agent was clueless about the % discount for discoverer plus. She told us that she would check and get us the discount. She was pushing for us to book a Celebrity cruise. She was annoyed that we wanted to sail on Azamara. She was very much against us booking an Azamara cruise. Why? My hunch is:There probably was more in it for her if we booked a Celebrity cruise. We did not book on the ship. My regular TA offered a better price on Azamara compared to the onboard agent.

Did your TA offer a "better price" or did they offer additional OBC? Price discounting is not allowed, but a TA can offer to provide "incentives" that come out of their commission. If you had booked online you could have gotten an additional small on board booking allowance. And yes, a TA can sometimes hput you in a group booking that is cheaper buy a bit.

Edited by az_tchr

I have cruised many times on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Is Azamara anyway connected to Celebrity? Can I book Azamara cruise while on Celebrity? Is my Elite status on Celebrity carried over to Azamara? If it is, do I benefit from this status on Azamara?

Your Captains Club number is the same as Le Voyage Club number. If you are Elite on Celebrity you will be Discoverer on Azamara. You can check it out on Azamara's site.

We had the same problem on Celebrity. The future cruises agent had no idea. I had printed the information she needed and she still did not get it. Ended up getting nothing for booking onboard. My t/a at home knew more than the future sale agent.

We had the same problem on Celebrity. The future cruises agent had no idea. I had printed the information she needed and she still did not get it. Ended up getting nothing for booking onboard. My t/a at home knew more than the future sale agent.

We recently booked an Azamara on Celebrity (the Equinox) with no trouble at all. In fact, they seemed to have people in the office that were there specifically to handle Azamara, or at least were well trained to do so.

• 2 weeks later...