Transatlantic Azamazing Event

OregonRick

It's simply not done. AZ never has such an event on a Trans. And I believe the generally lower fares for a Trans reflect the lack of an amazing evening. No worries. There will be other parties, probably a White Party.

It's simply not done. AZ never has such an event on a Trans. And I believe the generally lower fares for a Trans reflect the lack of an amazing evening. No worries. There will be other parties, probably a White Party.

I understood that the Azamazing evening was to reflect the culture of the country you were visiting and that wouldn't be possible on a transatlantic crossing......:rolleyes:

I understood that the Azamazing evening was to reflect the culture of the country you were visiting and that wouldn't be possible on a transatlantic crossing......:rolleyes:

This particular TA includes 5 port calls in the Azores, Gibralter, Spain(2), and France, before reaching Nice.:)

This particular TA includes 5 port calls in the Azores, Gibralter, Spain(2), and France, before reaching Nice.:)

Often transatlantic trips do not include enough time in port for the evening to take place. In addition, one person explained to me that transatlantic trips can need contingencies in case they arrive very late which causes them to retime the trip.

Looking at all the work that has to be done behind the scenes from early in the day that the evening is held, I can understand why they could not risk having less time.

If you are referring to the TA this April, it does not stay late in any port except the port the night before disembarkation, which again is a night they do not do the evening on.

I'm on that cruise and am quite happy there is no evening as I can see it just would not work out

UKTOG, I guess I just wanted tiggertom to know that not all transatlantic sailings are point to point with very few stops.

Enjoy your cruise.

I think the point being made is that a repositioning trip such as a transatlantic isn't your typical Azamara cruise and lacks some of the destination immersion because of port timings and keeping to schedule. It doesn't lend itself well to an Azamazing evening regardless of the number of ports that are being called at.

Phil

UKTOG, I guess I just wanted tiggertom to know that not all transatlantic sailings are point to point with very few stops.

Enjoy your cruise.

I realise that as our last transatlantic in November had four ports of call. But the Azamazing evenings need a lot of planning and resources and longer stays in port which, as has already been mentioned, is not as readily available on this type of voyage. :)

I realise that as our last transatlantic in November had four ports of call. But the Azamazing evenings need a lot of planning and resources and longer stays in port which, as has already been mentioned, is not as readily available on this type of voyage. :)

I must have misinterpreted your comment. After 15 Azamara cruises, I'm very familiar with Azamara's product.

Sandie and I are both on the TA sailing on April 5th. Having been to several Azamaramzingevenings in the past, while they are fun and pleasant, and a very nice addition to the cruise, they aren't the end all of all end alls. Trust me, not to worry. There will be plenty to do, or not to do as you see fit. And the ports should be wonderful. And then there is the crew. Eric should be keel-hauled for not being on this cruise! Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks. Dr H