Transatlantic November 2017

readingfast

Hi

We booked this cruise a little while go and have now been told there are several changes including the start date and a visit to Gibraltar & not Heuva.

Reading these boards, it also says that Virgin Gorda has been swapped for somewhere in Haiti but, our travel agent states it has been swapped for San Juan.

Anyone know what is going on?

We have also been offered some on board credit as compensation but it does not seem much for all the changes that have been made.

Really would appreciate your comments.

Bonnie -

The map on your linked page shows Labadee, Haiti but the day-by-day description says San Juan -- so there's the source of the confusion right on Azamara's web page!

Ahh, I see. I'll send this thread to our web gurus. Hopefully they can get the maps fixed quickly. Thanks so much.

We did a similar crossing this past November on the Journey. It worked for us because we were returning home from Barcelona and it allowed us to have a pampered slow return instead of a stressful transatlantic flight. But we also did it because we love sea days. I recommend these tranny trips only for those who do love sea days, and not for those who seek port choices.

And if I go to my cruise calender "online check-inn":

oct 16th St. Maarten

oct 17th San Juan

oct 18th Labadee

Bit confusing but still almost 2 years to sort this out:)

The ship will Not be going to Labadee.

I do believe they are correcting the voyage's itinerary now.

Sorry for the confusion!

This booking has completely disappeared from my reservations and cannot be added so maybe they are making the changes now.

I had this very same issue yesterday when I called. They said they were "reloading" the entire voyage and to call back today. I have done that and gotten a new invoice with the corrected Itinerary but was told that the price on the new invoice was going to be way off ( their words). They were right about that. they also said they were going to protect my original price and not to worry. Hopefully in a few days the voyage will re-appear in My Azamara and the prices and OBC will be credited.

I never was told about the change and only found out from my Cruise critic Roll Call. But I get a marketing Email from the company on a daily basis. Cant wait to see the new Re-imagined ship

Denise

We did a similar crossing this past November on the Journey. It worked for us because we were returning home from Barcelona and it allowed us to have a pampered slow return instead of a stressful transatlantic flight. But we also did it because we love sea days. I recommend these tranny trips only for those who do love sea days, and not for those who seek port choices.

I love sea days on a TA! I'm not looking for port calls just a nice slow cruise

on the Atlantic. They can change the itinerary, but no problem, I will enjoy the transatlantic experience. Very few children onboard, so it's a very nice experience, especially on a smaller boat like the Quest!