Just booked my first Azamara cruise!

gonecroozin

Hi, I am new to the Azamara board, but have been an avid reader on the Celebrity board and have cruised 5 times , all with Celebrity.

I have recently confirmed my first cruise with Azamara on the Athens to Rome trip on 4th June later this year and I am so excited.

It was originally Istanbul to Rome, but then the itinery was changed, but we are more than happy to still go with the new destinations.

We booked during the Reimagined promotion, and as I have just celebrated 50th birthday, we thought we would make it extra special and booked a CC suite.

We are in cabin 8061, so hoping that its in a good location!

I have been reading through so many threads trying to glean as much information from them as I can.

I have looked at photos and recent videos on the web, and I have to say the Journey really does look amazing!

My husband and I are really looking forward to checking out the ship as it will be a completely new experience for us.

We love Celebrity, so it will be interesting to see how we like Azamara.

Thank you all for your taking the time to post such great information and photos.

We were in 8061 on the first cruise after refit, normally we choose 8056 but for "operation reasons" we were moved to 8061.

The cabin itself is fine and as all CC suites is very well fitted, we found it had plenty of storage space, there is also a bathtub with shower over.

However we did find it noisy, probably more so on our cruise as there was still plenty of cleaning being done at unusual times. We think the problem is that the door from the Windows Cafe into the galley is above this suite, every morning at 5am you could here the trolley for the smoking area on deck 5 being wheeled out. Also between 10 and 11 pm there's noise from stuff being taken into the galley to the dishwashing area, not sure if this is being made worse by the extended opening hours of The Patio. Noise is not horrendous but would disturb lighter sleepers.

We were in 8061 on the first cruise after refit, normally we choose 8056 but for "operation reasons" we were moved to 8061.

The cabin itself is fine and as all CC suites is very well fitted, we found it had plenty of storage space, there is also a bathtub with shower over.

However we did find it noisy, probably more so on our cruise as there was still plenty of cleaning being done at unusual times. We think the problem is that the door from the Windows Cafe into the galley is above this suite, every morning at 5am you could here the trolley for the smoking area on deck 5 being wheeled out. Also between 10 and 11 pm there's noise from stuff being taken into the galley to the dishwashing area, not sure if this is being made worse by the extended opening hours of The Patio. Noise is not horrendous but would disturb lighter sleepers.

Thank you ever so much for you information Riocca, it's great to hear from someone who has actually stayed in the exact cabin.

Luckily enough we are not light sleepers, but still I might pack some ear plugs, just in case!

Thank you ever so much for you information Riocca, it's great to hear from someone who has actually stayed in the exact cabin.

Luckily enough we are not light sleepers, but still I might pack some ear plugs, just in case!

If you want any more information please ask, the refurbishment somehow makes the suite feel more spacious especially the bathroom which before we felt claustrophobic. Other than the bit of noise we found nothing to criticise, won't mention the missing bath plug [emoji6] we are sure that has now been sorted.

Thank you, I am sure I will have lots of questions!

Me too! Azamara newbie as well, having cruised lots and lots on Celebrity S-Class! I am on the same cruise on 4th June.

Why don't you join the Roll for this cruise? Lots of helpful experienced Azamara cruisers to help us with any queries.

If you want any more information please ask, the refurbishment somehow makes the suite feel more spacious especially the bathroom which before we felt claustrophobic. Other than the bit of noise we found nothing to criticise, won't mention the missing bath plug [emoji6] we are sure that has now been sorted.

Thank you so much.

Me too! Azamara newbie as well, having cruised lots and lots on Celebrity S-Class! I am on the same cruise on 4th June.

Why don't you join the Roll for this cruise? Lots of helpful experienced Azamara cruisers to help us with any queries.

Thank you reilly1, I will join the roll call. I am so excited, can't wait!