Pacific Dawn wine

pax2

Hi everyone,

is it possible to purchase a full bottle of wine on board Pacific Dawn and take it back to a suite?. Are the prices reasonable?. Would like a nice bottle of bubbles to enjoy on balcony during sail away but have read on this forum that you cannot take any of your own on board? Don't mind paying for it if we can get it back to the suite to enjoy. Many thanks for any info.

Hi everyone,

is it possible to purchase a full bottle of wine on board Pacific Dawn and take it back to a suite?. Are the prices reasonable?. Would like a nice bottle of bubbles to enjoy on balcony during sail away but have read on this forum that you cannot take any of your own on board? Don't mind paying for it if we can get it back to the suite to enjoy. Many thanks for any info.

you cannot take any wine onboard but you can buy a bottle from any bar and take it to your cabin....prices start from about $22

Many thanks, prices sound very reasonable too so don't know why people feel the need to try to take their own, wouldn't be worth the hassle I would have thought. Happy Cruising.

You can also ring P&O and order champagne and/or wine to be delivered to your room so that it is there for sailaway. You will have to pay by credit card and I think the cut off for ordering is about 3 business days before sailing. Don't forget about the package that you can also pre-order for $159 you get a bottle of Moet (to your room for sailaway), dinner at Salt Grill for 2 people, $50 onboard credit and a box of chocolates!

Cheers

Di

you cannot take any wine onboard but you can buy a bottle from any bar and take it to your cabin....prices start from about $22

this is true

Thied, I wasn't suggesting Bob was not giving correct info - but you can also do what I suggested.

Cheers

Di

i did not suggest any any thing at all.

as there are are bars you can buy bottled wine from and take it to your room

You can also ring P&O and order champagne and/or wine to be delivered to your room so that it is there for sailaway. You will have to pay by credit card and I think the cut off for ordering is about 3 business days before sailing. Don't forget about the package that you can also pre-order for $159 you get a bottle of Moet (to your room for sailaway), dinner at Salt Grill for 2 people, $50 onboard credit and a box of chocolates!

Cheers

Di

I didn't know about this one. Sounds like a great deal. I might have to book this package next time I cruise with DH as he hasn't tried the Salt Grill yet :D. Might be time to book another P&O cruise ;).

Brossy, we thought it was a great deal. Moet is normally about $73 a bottle, Salt Grill for dinner $40 each (by memory), plus $50 OBC. Chocolates:rolleyes:

There is also a deal where for a little bit more (bit like the steak knives), you can get a teddy bear chucked in:D

Book the cruise!

Cheers

Di

Brossy, we thought it was a great deal. Moet is normally about $73 a bottle, Salt Grill for dinner $40 each (by memory), plus $50 OBC. Chocolates:rolleyes:

There is also a deal where for a little bit more (bit like the steak knives), you can get a teddy bear chucked in:D

Book the cruise!

Cheers

Di

I'm looking at cruising on the Dawn again as it's been a few years since we have cruised on her. The bear would be good too as my daughter has the one from the Pearl which she just loves (forgot to buy one from the Dawn, Jewel and Sun :o). Did you book it on the personaliser like you do with shore tours?

Forgot to add- Wow you have some great cruises lined up :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, first time poster here.

I'm going on my second cruise soon (after one many moons ago as an end of season cricket trip) and this one is my partner, with whom I wanted to do something a bit special and stumbed across the above idea when I found this forum. I was a bit surprised P and O don't advertise it a bit better!

However one thing I found a bit surprising/annoying was that when I booked it the girl from P and O told me that due to new on board regulations, alcohol is no longer permitted in cabins and that the bottle of Moet would be held for me at the Salt Grill and served with dinner.

I'm a bit peeved by this to be honest. We paid the bit extra for a balcony from a window cabin with the purpose of having a glass of champers as we sailed out of Sydney Harbour on our balcony. Now we won't be able to do that! Again, I feel this is a fact P and O could put forward a bit better!

Hi all, first time poster here.

I'm going on my second cruise soon (after one many moons ago as an end of season cricket trip) and this one is my partner, with whom I wanted to do something a bit special and stumbed across the above idea when I found this forum. I was a bit surprised P and O don't advertise it a bit better!

However one thing I found a bit surprising/annoying was that when I booked it the girl from P and O told me that due to new on board regulations, alcohol is no longer permitted in cabins and that the bottle of Moet would be held for me at the Salt Grill and served with dinner.

I'm a bit peeved by this to be honest. We paid the bit extra for a balcony from a window cabin with the purpose of having a glass of champers as we sailed out of Sydney Harbour on our balcony. Now we won't be able to do that! Again, I feel this is a fact P and O could put forward a bit better!

I seriously doubt that this information given to you is correct. We were on the Pacific Pearl in April, and with their new policy of not keeping left-over part bottles of wine for the next evening, many people take the remainder back to their cabins. It therefore wouldn't be logical to say passengers couldn't have alcohol in their cabins. People wander into the dining room the next night clutching a part bottle of wine, obviously brought from their cabins.

I am fairly confident you will be able to buy a bottle of wine from any of the bars and take it to your cabin to enjoy on your balcony.:) Either ask your cabin steward for wine glasses or pick them up from any bar (but not up near the pool because they only have plastic 'glasses').

Have a fantastic cruise.:)

Thanks for that Aus Traveller.

I am hoping that's the case, however she did say it was a new on-board rule that's only just come into effect.

In anycase, it won't help me with the Moet I ordered!

Thanks for that Aus Traveller.

I am hoping that's the case, however she did say it was a new on-board rule that's only just come into effect.

In anycase, it won't help me with the Moet I ordered!

If they say they cannot deliver the Moet to your cabin, surely you could ask to pick it up at one of the bars so you can drink it in the lounge:D. Who knows where you walk to after that??? :D

I can imagine a terrible uproar if the dining room won't keep part bottles of wine left over and the ship won't let passengers take them to their cabins. That leaves two alternatives - people have to drink more than they feel comfortable with, or the excess has to be tipped out. Not good either way. I am still dubious about the information supplied.

Just got off Dawn last Tuesday. Moet $64 a bottle, great price.

I was in a full suite and it was on room service menu, when I ordered it they told me they has "run out", annoying as we hadn't even left departure port yet. Funny enough when we dined at Salt they had plenty of bottles. I went down to the bar and asked for a bottle of wine to take back to suite and was told it was P&O policy, no bottles of wine were to be taken back to cabin (even though they have in suite room service bottles of wine, go figure) anyway they gave me a bottle and two champagne flutes when they checked I was indeed a suite guest. Unfair that Suite guests can do this and not everyone.

I figured out all you have to say is you want to drink a bottle in the lounge then when it is delivered to your table just pick it up and walk it back to your cabin the staff don't care as long as they have exercised their "duty of care". Happy cruising.

Archived