The Great Escape - Live 5/7/16

chechas

Ok after pouring over many reviews, especially some really great live reviews - shout out to TheDougOut and Yorkvillain, Holla! I have decided to try my amateur hand at this. Hey what's the worst than can happen? No one reads it? While that would truly suck, I will survive and cruise on. But I hope I can do this some justice.

Traveling will be myself and my only kid, fruit of my loins, my beautiful daughter Tey. Well Miss Tey just turned 21 last month (lord save me from a newly legal college student) So she is thrilled to have the beverage package. I am betting she burns herself out on liquor the first couple of days. By the way, she will be contributing to this thread to give a view of the trip from a younger POV...though I am only 26 (That is my story, and I am sticking to it!) I would have her say hi now but face it, it's currently 7:11 in the morning, she is knocked out calling all the hogs home with her snoring, sleeping the sleep of the young and somewhat innocent still. She may come out and grunt at me in a couple of hours...she is soooo not a morning person, while I am. So as you can imagine that makes for interesting travel companions. She is an absolute night owl or maybe part vampire. Half dead all day and then full of energy and verve ( yes I said verve) starting around 7pm.

Anyways, we are heading to Miami later this morning (we live in Tampa Bay area so about a 3.5 hr ride) and will be staying at the Hyatt Place Miami Airport-West/Doral. Whew that is a mouthful! I am doing the park and cruise package so will let you know how that goes. I booked the hotel at a great non-refundable rate, BEFORE sail time moved to 7pm. Sigh. I may have waited to head down til tomorrow but it's all good. Tey is missing her boyfriend's college graduation. Yes sadness all around ( really but not really). I offered for her to stay and not go on the trip (trip was booked long before they were "official") I am sure she will muddle through.

Ok so that introduces us and about sums it up. Oh wait - the title. I work for a Defense Contractor as an engineer and a manager and we are on mandatory OT. So after so many 60 hr work weeks, I feel like I am staging a Great Escape! Yesterday was my last day of work and my boss asked me if I was bringing my laptop and phone. Ahhhhh NO! Nice try though.

Ok I hope see you all on board!

I'm sure you will have a great time on your cruise. We go on the Escape in Dec., can't wait.

Thanks! This will be our first NCL cruise. Beyond excited

The Hyatt Place is what I use when we do a park and cruise, works great.

Good to now. Since we always try to go to the port city the day before, I like to pay one price to park and stay, instead of paying for hotel and then paying to park at the port etc. Miami is a tough city for this as all of the park and cruise hotels I found were not in the "happening" areas.

Following along!

We will be getting on when you get off.

Have fun!

Woohoo!! Let me know if there is anything you need me to investigate and I will put on my Super Sleuth hat and try lol

I am along for the ride. No checking in at work girl. It will be there when you get back :-)

Could you do me a huge favor HUGE. Could you check the liquor store on ship and see if they have this. I want it so bad, I have the coffee one but NEED the berries.

liq_she2.jpg

Have a great cruise, chechas! How fun to be traveling with your daughter at that age. I hope both my girls find careers that afford them the flexibility to be dragged onto a cruise ship by their father on a regular basis.

I'll be celebrating a birthday during your sail away. Order a beer for me at the Brew House, and I'll be there in spirit. :)

Safe travels!

I am along for the ride. No checking in at work girl. It will be there when you get back :-)

Could you do me a huge favor HUGE. Could you check the liquor store on ship and see if they have this. I want it so bad, I have the coffee one but NEED the berries.

liq_she2.jpg

Wait, what? You want me to go into the den of sin to look at the devil's juice? Well if I must, I must. What I do for my fans. Lol!! Of course - I will let you know and will also keep an eye out for it on the islands.

Have a great cruise, chechas! How fun to be traveling with your daughter at that age. I hope both my girls find careers that afford them the flexibility to be dragged onto a cruise ship by their father on a regular basis.

I'll be celebrating a birthday during your sail away. Order a beer for me at the Brew House, and I'll be there in spirit. :)

Safe travels!

Woohoo. I am honored. You had such a great and entertaining review!

Thanks. My daughter has 1 more semester to go and then she will graduate ( a semester early, I might add) with a degree in Broadcast Journalism and 2 minors (1 in American Sign Language and the other in Creative Writing). She starts her summer internship right after we get back from this trip so this is her last hurrah before her first 4o hr/week gig.

I hope you have a very happy birthday and I will have a beer or two at your "Home"...I am so looking forward to the Brew House.

Come over to the dark side............We are more fun

Thank You very much.

We are sailing Escape in June and can not wait.

LOL! Let me plug that into my GPS. Be right there.

So IT is alive and by IT I mean my DD. Maybe because she knows we are about to embark on a great journey, or maybe the Sugarplum Fairies danced a particularly rousing jig in her head last night, but she is not quite as surly as usual.

Though she did ask me to finish packing for her because she did not want to. Maybe it is the evil glint in my eye or the evil smirk but I think she got flashes of unpacking granny panties and burkas once on board instead of the string bikinis and tiny scraps of fabric she keeps insisting are shorts....she backpedaled real fast and said never mind. She is now in her room finishing her packing herself.

Durn our closeness (picture me shaking a fist with a scowl on my face)....she knows me too well. Drats foiled again.

Off to finish packing and loading the car.

So IT is alive and by IT I mean my DD. Maybe because she knows we are about to embark on a great journey, or maybe the Sugarplum Fairies danced a particularly rousing jig in her head last night, but she is not quite as surly as usual.

Though she did ask me to finish packing for her because she did not want to. Maybe it is the evil glint in my eye or the evil smirk but I think she got flashes of unpacking granny panties and burkas once on board instead of the string bikinis and tiny scraps of fabric she keeps insisting are shorts....she backpedaled real fast and said never mind. She is now in her room finishing her packing herself.

Durn our closeness (picture me shaking a fist with a scowl on my face)....she knows me too well. Drats foiled again.

Off to finish packing and loading the car.

Smart girl......Oh if only I could pack for my teenage daughter it would be mom shorts and swimsuits with skirts all week.

Looking forward to your review! We are leaving on 5/21 and CAN NOT WAIT!!! Have a friggin blast!

Will do!! Thanks

I'm following. I Escape in October. Have a great cruise!

Thanks!

Checking in here at my desk to say I am looking forward to your review. I would pretend that I will not check this while I am at work, but I wouldn't be fooling anyone, so instead I will say that I am reading this while "waiting for my files to copy and process". Yeah, that's it. :) Have a blast!

I'm following along! I'll be cruising next week and sooooo can't wait. You live review will be great [emoji4]. Since you have to go into the liquor store anyway can you do another favor? [emoji4] can you see if they have apple Ciroc vodka and if they do what's the price? My son is may want me to get it for him but he needs a comparative price to know for sure. Thanks bunches! Have s great cruise!!!

I'm following along! I'll be cruising next week and sooooo can't wait. You live review will be great [emoji4]. Since you have to go into the liquor store anyway can you do another favor? [emoji4] can you see if they have apple Ciroc vodka and if they do what's the price? My son is may want me to get it for him but he needs a comparative price to know for sure. Thanks bunches! Have s great cruise!!!

Oh goodness! that's what you get for not previewing your post before submitting, and now I can't find the edit!