Reflection 11/26 Eastern Caribbean - Just back!

bhughey

What an outstanding cruise! My husband and I traveled with our good friends, with whom we have turned into X loyalists ;). We had a terrific time. We stayed in an Aqua class cabin on deck 11 and loved the food/staff in Blu. The crew was excellent... the ship is top "ship shape"... the live music acts were some of the best we have seen in a while - overall, 5 stars. I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have!

We are going on our cruise December 10th - just a few days to go!

It's been a while since our last cruise... Will I need a wrap or sweater during the evening, when walking the decks or looking at the stars??

Was there anything you forgot to bring, but wishes you had?

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Judy

Glad you had a great time. We are doing the same itinerary in January and can't wait.

How was the port in Miami during embarkation? I read a review that said the signage was confusing and many people were waiting on the wrong lines only to be told after waiting they needed to be on another line.

I've never encountered an issue but this will be our first time sailing out of Miami.

Thanks.

Glad you had a great time. We are doing the same itinerary in January and can't wait.

How was the port in Miami during embarkation? I read a review that said the signage was confusing and many people were waiting on the wrong lines only to be told after waiting they needed to be on another line.

I've never encountered an issue but this will be our first time sailing out of Miami.

Thanks.

I will say, the signage was not completely clear - but the porter that took our bags said "go all the way to the last entrance" - which we did. Super fast embarkation. Maybe 10 minutes from dropping our bags until we got our champagne!

We are going on our cruise December 10th - just a few days to go!

It's been a while since our last cruise... Will I need a wrap or sweater during the evening, when walking the decks or looking at the stars??

Was there anything you forgot to bring, but wishes you had?

Thanks so much.

Regards,

Judy

I found it to be quite comfortable throughout, perhaps a tad warm at times. I never needed a wrap or jacket, but I brought one on the trip. The one thing I missed was a cute hat! I thought I would be able to find one on board that I liked, but no such luck as there were really none to choose from. The only one I found was $62!

I should also add... we LOOVVED Sushi on Five! We are sushi fans and thought the quality, presentation and taste was outstanding. Even if you are not sushi fans, there are quite a few other Asian fusion choices that should satisfy many palates. The a la carte pricing still comes in way cheaper than any of the other specialty restaurants on board. We had two appetizers, table side prepared wasabi & two rolls for $44. The drinks were fantastic as well (we were on the premium drink package). Highly recommend!

What an outstanding cruise! My husband and I traveled with our good friends, with whom we have turned into X loyalists ;). We had a terrific time. We stayed in an Aqua class cabin on deck 11 and loved the food/staff in Blu. The crew was excellent... the ship is top "ship shape"... the live music acts were some of the best we have seen in a while - overall, 5 stars. I'm happy to answer any specific questions you may have!

We sail Dec 10. How were the shows? Any comedians? Anything you would recommend for the ports? Thank you for sharing. Glad you had fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We sail Dec 10. How were the shows? Any comedians? Anything you would recommend for the ports? Thank you for sharing. Glad you had fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did not attend any of the shows, but heard good things about Broken Strings and not so good things about MAXX. There was a comedian, AJ Jamal who did two headliner shows in the main theater. We did see the "late night/adult" comedian, Al Ducharme, in Celebrity Central (the smaller theater, which I really like), he was quite funny! Get there early, it fills up fast. I would also recommend "Hard Days Night" which is a Beatles tribute show. We unfortunately missed it, but they did another show in the Grand Foyer - they were awesome!

Re: ports, we've visited the ports many times before, so just kind of took it easy. We visited some of our favorite bars in San Juan, Orient Beach in SXM and stayed on board in St. Kitts (though I would recommend Cockleshell Beach). We loved all the seas days!

I also suggest lunch at The Lawn Club - this is a newer concept for the venue where they are open for lunch, serving "gourmet" style burgers. The toppings/flavor combos were delish, though our group thought the burgers were a bit overdone. In fact, we determined that pretty much throughout the ship, if you wanted something medium/medium rare, order it rare :)!

Enjoy the cruise!

Edited by bhughey

We did not attend any of the shows, but heard good things about Broken Strings and not so good things about MAXX. There was a comedian, AJ Jamal who did two headliner shows in the main theater. We did see the "late night/adult" comedian, Al Ducharme, in Celebrity Central (the smaller theater, which I really like), he was quite funny! Get there early, it fills up fast. I would also recommend "Hard Days Night" which is a Beatles tribute show. We unfortunately missed it, but they did another show in the Grand Foyer - they were awesome!

Re: ports, we've visited the ports many times before, so just kind of took it easy. We visited some of our favorite bars in San Juan, Orient Beach in SXM and stayed on board in St. Kitts (though I would recommend Cockleshell Beach). We loved all the seas days!

I also suggest lunch at The Lawn Club - this is a newer concept for the venue where they are open for lunch, serving "gourmet" style burgers. The toppings/flavor combos were delish, though our group thought the burgers were a bit overdone. In fact, we determined that pretty much throughout the ship, if you wanted something medium/medium rare, order it rare :)!

Enjoy the cruise!

Any recommendations?

Any recommendations?

My husband and I are big craft beer fans, so if you like craft beer - La Taverna Lupulo! Amazing beer selection, cool vibe and great, knowledgeable staff (they have a full service bar as well). Also, for craft cocktails, just down the road from La Taverna is La Factoria. Great bar. I would also recommend a drink at El Convento - just because the courtyard is so pretty, especially in the evening.

Cheers!

Texed, how were the waffles?

Pretty good, if you got them fresh. They pre-cooked a lot of them, and they get hard quickly. I like them softer, more like flap jacks, so I tell them to take mine out early. :)

My husband and I are big craft beer fans, so if you like craft beer -

Which is why I like the GastroBar on the Equinox!

Where have they put the craft selection on the Reflection? Some have posted they are in Cellar Masters and the SOM is not very helpful when it comes to ordering.

EW

Which is why I like the GastroBar on the Equinox!

Where have they put the craft selection on the Reflection? Some have posted they are in Cellar Masters and the SOM is not very helpful when it comes to ordering.

EW

We are sailing the Equinox next year and looking forward to the Gastrobar!

The craft beers were in Cellar Masters on Reflection, we visited twice and both times the SOM seemed completely in the weeds even though there were only like, five people in there... which kind of turned us off the place. The SOM in Cellar Masters on Solstice during our May cruise was far more happy/helpful.

Have you tried the food in the Gastrobar?

We are sailing the Equinox next year and looking forward to the Gastrobar!

The craft beers were in Cellar Masters on Reflection, we visited twice and both times the SOM seemed completely in the weeds even though there were only like, five people in there...

Have you tried the food in the Gastrobar?

Thanks! This is what we have been told by other craft friends. :(

Yes we have tried the food! And it is really good! The best burger we have had on a cruise, EVER! The flat breads are better than any pizza we have had too.

They have a beer n food paring 2X and it has sold out before I could sign up. :(

Next cruise I will get signed up!

EW

My husband and I are big craft beer fans, so if you like craft beer - La Taverna Lupulo! Amazing beer selection, cool vibe and great, knowledgeable staff (they have a full service bar as well). Also, for craft cocktails, just down the road from La Taverna is La Factoria. Great bar. I would also recommend a drink at El Convento - just because the courtyard is so pretty, especially in the evening.

Cheers!

Actually we are huge craft beer fans as well. Thanks so much for the suggestions. Are they walking distance from the port?