RCI Liberty of the seas

sharimom

Taking my kids 21 and 15 for spring break 3/19 from Galveston. Will my teen be bored? We are doing western Caribbean and only want to do something in Belize. Is there beaches near ports that we can hang out at? Also adult only area- will my 15 year old be able to join us?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Taking my kids 21 and 15 for spring break 3/19 from Galveston. Will my teen be bored? We are doing western Caribbean and only want to do something in Belize. Is there beaches near ports that we can hang out at? Also adult only area- will my 15 year old be able to join us?

You may get more response on the Belize Port of Call Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Highly doubt that your teen will be bored. There are age specific programs on board that they can join with other teens that should provide activities while on board. For information regarding Belize, check out that port of call board at the link provided by easyboy. (Other ports of call are also available at that board).

Not sure what adult only areas you are referring to, but if you mean the Solarium on the ship, then the answer is no - your teen cannot join you as that area is reserved for passengers 16 and older.

Enjoy your cruise.

Liberty is full of things for teens to do. Rock wall climbing, mini golf, flow rider, ice skating, sports court plus there is the teen club. Will your teen be bored? I guess it is more of a question of what your teen likes to do. If you teen likes to hang out with other teens or do any kind of physical activity he shouldn't be bored unless he wants to be.

There is a small nothing beach near the port in Cozumel, but it is best to make a reservation online and go to a private all inclusive beach club. I recommend Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos.

Here's information on beaches on Roatan - your ship will port at Coxen Hole and taxis are easy to get there:

http://www.roatanisland.net/beaches.htm

16 is the age for the adult solarium.

I would advise you to get a guidebook from your library, and find out ALL about your ports. Seldom do you need excursions...but you do need info to DIY. The reference section is where the guidebooks are.

We just got off the Liberty in July. Your teens will not be bored.The Solarium is for those 16 and over. I honestly believe your teens will enjoy the pools out on the deck more than the Solarium so I wouldn't worry about that. Our young folks didn't care anything about being in the Solarium. We booked a Catamaran Sail and Snorkel through Royal for Roatan. We had tried to book it independently only to find that you had to book through the cruise line. It was absolutely fabulous and well worth you looking it up (Jolly Rogers) for Roatan. It included a WONDERFUL lunch and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). We would do it again in a heartbeat. We enjoyed it more than any excursion. For a beach, you'll probably want to do an all inclusive.