Has anyone used Roman Candle Tours?

ashleyrae8405

We are going on a cruise out of Rome. We want to book a tour before the cruise through Roman Candle Tours. They also do excursions at several of our cruise ports. Has anyone ever used them? How was your experience? Is it a credible company? Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

I just today saw your post. I used them way back in 2010 for a walking tour of the a Roman forum & Colloseum. They were pretty reasonable then and we enjoyed the tour. Very thorough and good guide. It's been 7 years so I don't know whether you can count my one experience. I looked this year at using them and was surprised to see they have grown from a small outlet with cheap prices to a larger website & higher prices. Aren't they on Trip Advisor? I think I found them there originally. Good luck whatever you choose. Enjoy.

We used them in 2011 for Rome. We did a walking tour with them which combined the forums and the skip the lines tour of the Colisseum.

The difference between Roman Candle and the driver guide companies is that the guides are professionally licensed guides who can walk through the forums and Colisseum with you. We took the train in from Civitavecchia and walked to the forums and met them there. They are very good and reasonably priced.