New to SD - Almalfi 2016

Yvie

Yes, all 4 deck cabins are non-combinable. Last trip we were upgraded to 4 deck all the way forward. Extremely quiet up there. One complaint from friends that were assigned aft on 4 deck is that there can be noise from the Piano Bar if there is a late night crowd on board. As far as ground transport just about anywhere in Italy, we second Vandrefalk with RomeCabs. We have used them for years and, in areas they do not have drivers, they have recommended other companies equally good at what they do.

Thank you. I did just find the information on a deck schematic I hadn't seen before. Getting all my info together before I call travel agent. Since there are penalties for cancellation starting at 120 days out, we want to check with our preferred travel insurance company before booking and make sure we will be covered in the event of an unexpected cancellation.

So which night do you want the "surprise" cake ?

What ingredients do you like ?

Dont tell hubby.

Just let us know your cabin, sorry Stateroom number and voila !

No need for real names.

Otherwise you might receive "begging letters" ! Only joking......really.

We are finally booked! Stateroom #406. So excited to be an official SeaDreamer now!

ho hum, maybe earlier in the cruise, say June 5? I don't foresee being off the ship the evening we are in Corsica.

We aren't really choosy when it comes to cake, though you can't go wrong with chocolate! The only thing I can think of as far as cake ingredients I don't care for would be dried fruits, anise flavor; and no rum soaked, as I will most likely eat my cake accompanied by a glass of champagne! And I will toast to you ho hum and my fellow SeaDreamers on CC!

Edited by Yvie

We will be on SD2 with part of the voyage along the Amalfi coast with multiple similar stops coming up next month. This will be our 10th voyage and I echo the earlier comments. We did a voyage with SD a few years ago that included Capri and Amalfi town and it was one of our favorites. We will report in on next month's trip but I'm confident you won't be disappointed. Two different sets of friends have been on SD already this year on our recommendation and they each raved about the experience.

We are finally booked! Stateroom #406. So excited to be an official SeaDreamer now!

ho hum, maybe earlier in the cruise, say June 5? I don't foresee being off the ship the evening we are in Corsica.

We aren't really choosy when it comes to cake, though you can't go wrong with chocolate! The only thing I can think of as far as cake ingredients I don't care for would be dried fruits, anise flavor; and no rum soaked, as I will most likely eat my cake accompanied by a glass of champagne! And I will toast to you ho hum and my fellow SeaDreamers on CC!

Well congratulations Yvie.

The taxi guy we use is called Marco. He drives a nice Merc. He speaks fair English and can pick you up and take you right into the port and vica versa. Say English friends who sail Sea Dream recommended him.

His details are:

- mobile/cellphone: +39 338 7769119

- email: mc.limoservicecar@email.it

Best to have a back up just in case. Hum hears the Rome company are good but Hum has no details.

Hope Hum remembers the cake !

You will have a great time.

I can atest that Rome Cabs is reliable. We used them for an airport pickup and a two day Rome tour.

-----

How to get in touch with Us:

From USA/Canada cell phones, please dial:

011 39 - 339 3525 028

From European cell phones, please dial:

0039 - 339 3525 028

From Italian pay phones, Italian cell phones, please dial:

339 - 352 5028

http://www.romecabs.com

http://www.stefanorometours.com

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

I can atest that Rome Cabs is reliable. We used them for an airport pickup and a two day Rome tour.

-----

How to get in touch with Us:

From USA/Canada cell phones, please dial:

011 39 - 339 3525 028

From European cell phones, please dial:

0039 - 339 3525 028

From Italian pay phones, Italian cell phones, please dial:

339 - 352 5028

http://www.romecabs.com

http://www.stefanorometours.com

And they are still willing to pick Ol Ragnar up. That shows real dedication.:eek:

Well congratulations Yvie.

Hope Hum remembers the cake !

You will have a great time.

No worries HH. If there is a cake it will be a wonderful surprise. If not, it's the thought that counts! I have no doubts I will still be able to eat cake and drink champagne! Looking forward to a wonderful time.

Thanks to all the responders regarding transportation arrangements, and all the other great info you've provided.

Has anyone slept overnight in the Balinese beds? I thought I read the one most forward was the best. Is that something that is arranged once aboard?

Thanks to all the responders regarding transportation arrangements, and all the other great info you've provided.

Has anyone slept overnight in the Balinese beds? I thought I read the one most forward was the best. Is that something that is arranged once aboard?

Yes, we have. I think it is romantic and wonderful. DH thinks it's damned uncomfortable and refuses to do it again. And you are correct - the one in the front is the largest, is private, and away from the smokestacks. You reserve it when you board, and I would suggest as quickly as possible since you are requesting the premium bed.

Hi Knot. Glad to be of service.:D How's it going in the Fatherland?

Life is good! Tomorrow marks one year since we got on a plane in Houston and moved to Germany for the second time. Oddly enough, I feel more at home here than I ever did in Texas. Our year there seems like a dream and it feels like we never left Germany the first time, even though we were away for five years.

My husband is enjoying his job post Army and he's doing good work. He just got a nice bonus as an incentive to stay another year. He didn't need the bonus to convince him to stay in Germany, but it will definitely come in handy. As you can see by my clock, we're heading back to Scotland for another Hebridean cruise in March. I'm hoping to get back on SeaDream too.

I can't believe it's been two years since our last SeaDream cruise. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a good itinerary. :)

Edited by knotheadusc

Yes, we have. I think it is romantic and wonderful. DH thinks it's damned uncomfortable and refuses to do it again. And you are correct - the one in the front is the largest, is private, and away from the smokestacks. You reserve it when you board, and I would suggest as quickly as possible since you are requesting the premium bed.

Zimmy, who do I reserve this with? Concierge or Hotel Manager? My husband also wants to do it, thinks it would be a great experience. If it gets too uncomfortable or warm we can always retire to our stateroom.

Zimmy, who do I reserve this with? Concierge or Hotel Manager? My husband also wants to do it, thinks it would be a great experience. If it gets too uncomfortable or warm we can always retire to our stateroom.

You absolutely should try it. Give some thought to what night you would like. Do you want to be sailing and have the breeze, or do you want to be in port. For me, sailing is best; but then, I seldom get cold. If you're someone who's always freezing, I would suggest a port night. You just go to the concierge desk as soon as you board the ship. You will board and be taken to the lounge for refreshments, and the concierge desk is right outside of the lounge.

Reserve the Sleeping Under the Stars with the concierge desk in the main lobby where you will check in on embarkation. They have the reservation sheets and bed spaces by night for each voyage in a book. Book right away after checking in particularly if you want the more private front bed as it is by far the most popular - and for good reason!

Yvie: Congratulations on booking your cruise! We celebrated our 25th Anniversary in January 2015 with our first SeaDream cruise, and it exceeded all of our expectations. We're in our 50's as well, and it was the ideal getaway--every member of crew worked extremely hard to make every meal and activity perfect.

We enjoyed it so much, we're booked to celebrate our 26th Anniversary on SeaDream in January--same yacht, different itinerary. We knew we would be back on SeaDream, and a year has seemed like a long wait to return--perhaps a new anniversary tradition!

Happy to answer any questions from a recent "first-timer's" perspective.

Steve

While they will have dinner on deck as often as weather allows, you can always ask to eat out there -- in fact, all you ever have to do is ask for anything! If it can be done, it will be!

As for the front bed, just ask them to put an egg-crate top on -- makes a huge difference and they always do it for us.

Vandrefalk

allow

As for the front bed, just ask them to put an egg-crate top on -- makes a huge difference and they always do it for us.

Vandrefalk

Vandrefalk, what a fantastic idea! Maybe DH will be convinced to try it again. I obviously never discussed this with you. When we meet in San Juan before our next cruise, please help me talk him into it.

Vandrefalk, what a fantastic idea! Maybe DH will be convinced to try it again. I obviously never discussed this with you. When we meet in San Juan before our next cruise, please help me talk him into it.

Don't bother. It ain't gonna happen. The cord for my CPAP isn't long enough, and if I snore the captain will think he's hearing a fog horn.

Zimmy's DH

While they will have dinner on deck as often as weather allows, you can always ask to eat out there -- in fact, all you ever have to do is ask for anything! If it can be done, it will be!

Vandrefalk

Happy to hear about the outdoor dining, and thanks for the egg-crate mattress tip, that is something I will definitely ask for.

I also would just like to say that all of you SeaDreamers are the absolute best!

I don't know that I have ever received so many helpful and quick responses to a thread post as I have here. So a big thank-you to everyone who answered my questions!

I think I have most if not all of my questions answered for the time being, but I'll post if I think of anything else.

I also would just like to say that all of you SeaDreamers are the absolute best!

I don't know that I have ever received so many helpful and quick responses to a thread post as I have here. So a big thank-you to everyone who answered my questions!

I'll let you in on a little secret Yvie -- what sets SeaDream apart from all the others, besides the amazing crew, is the fellow passengers. Somehow SeaDream seems to always draws friendly, interesting, unpretentious guests. Of course there are always a few obnoxious ones that sneak onboard -- but that just adds to the entertainment.