Reservations required for resort day pass?

New2cruise1483

I'm thinking of making St. Lucia a resort day for us depending on how my Mom feel that day, so I was wondering if it is necessary to make reservations in advance or can we just show up and purchase our passes at the resort? If Mom is feeling good that day we will probably try to catch a water taxi or something at the cruise terminal to take us by the pitons to Jalousie beach. Thanks for any input or advice :D

While not strictly necessary, for the few all inclusive properties that offer day passes, advance reservations are highly recommended as they limit day trippers based on occupancy in order to guarantee their resident guests are not impacted....

Thank you reed princess. We aren't in a position where we can make reservations for anything, so we will look at other options we can do spur of the moment :). Maybe one of the nearby beaches or something like that.

Even with a reservation, you don't pay until the day you visit. Which resort are toy looking at? Just to make sure you're aware of their policies. The main resorts with day passes are all adults only couples properties, so may not work so well with Mom anyways....

I was looking at Rendevous, but upon further research, I noticed they were a couples only resort. I was really disappointed because it looked like a beautiful resort and the prices looked right :(. The rest are out of my price range this go round.

I was looking at Rendevous, but upon further research, I noticed they were a couples only resort. I was really disappointed because it looked like a beautiful resort and the prices looked right :(. The rest are out of my price range this go round.

Yup, couples resort, meaning in twos. You and your mother would be fine, but group of three not so much...Rendezvous is a lovely property. The Sandals properties are quite a bit more, and couple's only also, although slightly more flexible.

• 2 months later...
At the Rendevoux, can you use the beach...not use any of their facilities...not buy a day pass? I.E., are the beaches public?

ALL beaches in St Lucia are public. The Rendezvous beach is a small portion of Vigie Beach, which extends the full length of the bay. You'd be better off heading down a bit to the more main portion of the beach where you have tons of natural shade, local rum and food shacks, and can cross over to the airport if needed for restrooms. The beach in front of Rendezvous is the dame beach, although they've removed lots of the trees, etc. And as you can't use their chairs or facilities without a day pass, what's the point?

Enjoy your visit.

Good point! ;) We spent a week at their sister resort, The Body Holiday, and would like to compare the two...not necessarily spend hours on the beach, but enjoy an hour in the water and see what they have to offer. After B.H.'s extensive renovations, they are now out of our $ range.

We recently returned from Bermuda...spent a few hours at Horseshoe Bay...so we're spoiled...looking for something similar in water clarity, water depth (don't have to walk 50 yards for it to be deep), beautiful sand.

I also did a day pass at Jalousie, a few years back...enjoyed..., but I came very close to missing the ship, so I want to stay closer to the ship this time.

Good point! ;) We spent a week at their sister resort, The Body Holiday, and would like to compare the two...not necessarily spend hours on the beach, but enjoy an hour in the water and see what they have to offer. After B.H.'s extensive renovations, they are now out of our $ range.

We recently returned from Bermuda...spent a few hours at Horseshoe Bay...so we're spoiled...looking for something similar in water clarity, water depth (don't have to walk 50 yards for it to be deep), beautiful sand.

I also did a day pass at Jalousie, a few years back...enjoyed..., but I came very close to missing the ship, so I want to stay closer to the ship this time.

You're more than welcome to walk along the beaxh and take a look at the Rendezvous facilities from the beach area, or swim in the ocean there, but it's just the same further down on the main portion. If you want to enter the premises or check out more in depth, you'll need a day pass. Be prepared for security to keep an eye on you if you come in from the beach area as you're not a resident guest..

Enjoy your visit.

Rondevous is closed for day passes until October 17th. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Sandals are pretty much your other option. $100pp plus transportation, ranging from $20-35 one way.

You could ask BodyHoliday/LeSport if they do day passes, cab will be $35 one way. It's a sister property of Rendezvous.