Excursion waitlists

Cappers

Good morning everyone. I'm off on Britannia on Sunday to the fjords and have been on a waitlist for an excursion in andalsnes but have heard nothing about it. I was led to believe I would get an email and then would just have to go into personaliser and complete the booking. As we are now only a few days away I'm assuming it's not happening...in your combined vast experiences am I probably guessing right?? Am quite happy to book something directly ,,rauma railway trip,,but quite liked the look of the excursion I'm on the list for. I can't be bothered to keep ringing p & o cos one person tells you one thing and another tells you another thing.

About three days before departure, they freeze bookings on your personaliser and all trips appear as 'Wait list' at that point so in a day or two there will be no chance of you or anyone else booking any ship's trip in advance.

Of course, not all the trips are fully booked, they're available again once on board but you know yours is. We had this situation on a couple of our excursion choices on our last trip. In one case, we were wait-listed and no availability remained the case and we just chose something else but in the second instance, they put on an extra coach so were able to run an extra group which we joined. It all depends on the excursion, whether the infrastructure in port can support additional coaches/tour guides/if the excursion is numbers limited eg a catamaran trip which can only accommodate a fixed number of passengers.

They will be doing their best trying to fix up additional or alternative trips in destination services as it's in their interests to sell as many as possible. My advice would be to go to Destination Service as soon as you board and explore the possibilities with them but I would doubt you'll get anything come through at this stage so perhaps looking at independent options may be worthwhile - at least for a back up if you don't want to book ahead. Good luck!

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

Just read the previous post - you may be lucky and find some tickets have become available due to no-shows, illness or additional groups added etc. Given Alan & Giselle's experience, you may find you're on the trip anyway. I don't think given the timeline though you will be notified at this stage or at least after tomorrow so I would plan a strategy accordingly. (Of course I could be proved wrong!)

Edited by kruzseeka

I wouldn't give up hope yet, I have had tour tickets turn up the night before the tour. Speak to the tour desk when you get on board to see if you are still on the wait list or confirmed.

Regards, Brian

We were wait listed for an excursion on our Oceana cruise this last week. I made alternative arrangements and was surprised to find our executions tickets in our cabin on boarding. This was not a problem as I nipped along to the shore excursions desk and explained that as we had not received an email we assumed there was no availability and made our own arrangements. I was told to return the tickets to the desk for a refund.