Fjords cruise

We're off on the 18th June to the fjords and was wondering whether at that time of year whether the mountains will still be snow capped? Thanks

We went once the second week of June and there had just been a fall of snow although we were told that was a little unseasonal. However I think whenever we've gone including August, there is always some snow on the shady sides of the peaks but not exactly snow capped. I would think there is quite a good chance in June. Here is a link - click onto the live stream showing the current Geiranger webcam - snow capped at the moment!

http://www.stranda-hamnevesen.no/

Have a wonderful time - it's magical!

Last week we had amazingly warm and sunny weather in the fjords - the snow capped mountains were spectacular against a clear blue sky and it was absolutely magical. Enjoy :)

I hope you are too. I must admit ours was very unexpected especially as we set off in rain and fog! I had to buy a sunhat on board.

Even if the weather does disappoint, the scenery certainly won't. Have a wonderful time.

Last week we had amazingly warm and sunny weather in the fjords - the snow capped mountains were spectacular against a clear blue sky and it was absolutely magical. Enjoy :)

Wasn't it just amazing! Hope you had as good a time as we did! Fingers crossed for good weather for OP

I'm here now,,in flam today,,on the Norway in a nutshell tour which is very good by the way..the weather is gorgeous,,very very pleasant,,almost too hot!! It really is very warm and sunny,,but there is still snow on the mountain tops. North Sea hasn't been too bad so far either,,Britannia lovely ship. Having fabulous week.

Glad the weather is holding for you Cappers - isn't it fabulous???? Keep it there for Whitechapel Girl

Hi TinyDancer - yes we had an amazing time. How did you get on with your little girl on the ship? Looked out for you, but I don't think our paths could have crossed. What did you do in Olden?

Whitechapel Girl: See what a fab time is lined up for you. :)

Edited by Scriv

Did any of you that did the Fiords cruise go to Olden?

We are still debating whether to go to the Glacier or stay in Olden for a wander round.

I read somewhere about a trolley train round the lake but now that I am looking for the info I can't find it.

Did any of you that did the Fiords cruise go to Olden?

We are still debating whether to go to the Glacier or stay in Olden for a wander round.

I read somewhere about a trolley train round the lake but now that I am looking for the info I can't find it.

To be honest there is not much to do in Olden. If you dont do the P &O excursions, you can do the minibus tours from the village to the glacier - they are cheaper than P &O . I dont recall seeing any trolley train when we were there last year....?

We took the glacier minibus shuttle - which you book on the day at Olden pier - up to the Briksdal Glacier car park and walked from there. Some people took the Troll Cars up to the glacier from there.

There is an open top Glacier Sightseeing Bus which waits at the port and yes, there is a little tourist road train that runs around the lake and the village and is also bookable on the pier right as you dock.

Whatever you do, enjoy. Olden often serenades the ship as you leave. It was very emotional!

You can use euros as well as local currency and also credit cards in general for all sorts of small transactions, even swiping a contactless one to use a loo in Stavanger!! There is no problem at all with that.

Edited by Scriv