Costa Deliziosa Venice Disembarkment (17th April)

heathstockton4

Tried to find info on this in other threads but couldn't find it, apologies if it is somewhere.

We arrive back into Venice at 9.00am with a flight departing at 12.15pm, have booked a private transfer to avoid any delay but have seen some reviews saying allow a minimum of 4 hours and ideally 5 hours

Never cruised Costa or been to Venice before so just wondering if we will be able to disembark at 9.00am if we make it known we have a transfer booked for a flight.

Thanks in advance

I'll be getting off Deliziosa in Venice on 27th, I'll let you now how it goes if there's no other replies.

But 12.15 sounds pretty tight, I've booked my flight for two days later.

We are staying 2 night pre-cruise, bit worried now but have been told that a private taxi can get us from ship to airport in 20-25mins which will be fine if we can disembark between 9.00-9.30am

Tried to find info on this in other threads but couldn't find it, apologies if it is somewhere.

We arrive back into Venice at 9.00am with a flight departing at 12.15pm, have booked a private transfer to avoid any delay but have seen some reviews saying allow a minimum of 4 hours and ideally 5 hours

Never cruised Costa or been to Venice before so just wondering if we will be able to disembark at 9.00am if we make it known we have a transfer booked for a flight.

Thanks in advance

Costa allows you to be the first one to disembrak as the ship receives the permission to proceed from the authority of the port . If you choose this option you have to tell this to the information office some days before the disembarking. The only problem is that you have to take your luggage ashore with you because you will not have the coloured luggage tags in the cabin and you will not be able to use the porting service of the ship. You are also requested to wait the disembarkment in the atrium of the ship in order to be the first.

This option was avilable in Savona onboard the Costa Mediterranea at the beginning of march so I think it is an option that can be used across the whole Costa fleet

I'll be getting off Deliziosa in Venice on 27th, I'll let you now how it goes if there's no other replies.

But 12.15 sounds pretty tight, I've booked my flight for two days later.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise on Deliziosa, how did you find disembarking in Venice, Costa did email me to advise if we request to be first off it can be arranged so hopefully that is the case.

Any info on the dining, read different reports about changes Costa are making. We have 2 teenagers with us and they sometime prefer the buffet rather than a la carte and also the hot breakfast, i read that hot breakfast is only available for a limited time each morning ?

Thanks

Self-help debarkation isn't advertised but it is available, See the English hostess (Ciara), she'll brief you on it, you must pre-register.

In spite of the heavy fog we managed to tie up by 09.00, first passengers off before 09.45, so you should be out of the terminal and headed to the airport by 10.30, unless you get stuck behind a donkey cart (some of it is 2-lane road), should be there before 11.00.

Passports are supposed to be available as soon as Immigration is done, so when you see people start to move, you should be able to reclaim it (at the tour desk).

Self-help debarkation isn't advertised but it is available, See the English hostess (Ciara), she'll brief you on it, you must pre-register.

In spite of the heavy fog we managed to tie up by 09.00, first passengers off before 09.45, so you should be out of the terminal and headed to the airport by 10.30, unless you get stuck behind a donkey cart (some of it is 2-lane road), should be there before 11.00.

Passports are supposed to be available as soon as Immigration is done, so when you see people start to move, you should be able to reclaim it (at the tour desk).

Thanks for the information, very beneficial and we will look out for Ciara.

Hope you enjoyed the cruise on Deliziosa, how did you find disembarking in Venice, Costa did email me to advise if we request to be first off it can be arranged so hopefully that is the case.

Any info on the dining, read different reports about changes Costa are making. We have 2 teenagers with us and they sometime prefer the buffet rather than a la carte and also the hot breakfast, i read that hot breakfast is only available for a limited time each morning ?

Thanks

Costa is rolling out the evening buffet (again) across their fleet, should be finished by June.

Breakfast is usually available from 07:00 til 11:00 in various locations, the hot breakfast is served in MDR from 07:30 to 09:30 (time can vary for ship and itinerary). Attached is an extract from the hot breakfast menu, try the Full Monty (English breakfast).

All times will be stated in the daily program "Diario di bordo".

Have a great cruise.

Hot Breakfast.pdf