Cancellation policy

Ajkcruiser

I am currently planning a Xmas cruise.... But too many variants...

Having said that I feel that if I book.... I can find some sort of commitment .

There is a British subject in our group who resides in London so we plan to use the UK site for the booking.... Unrealistic cheaper ( shuuussh) however..... Is the 90 days free cancellation applies for the UK site as it does for US?

Thanks

Aj

Thanks for the link GMT . I am a little confused with your comment even after reading the policies .... :(

Does the 15% applies for cancellations within the 90 days??? Or the 15% starts at 90 and less?

I had to cancel last year and I got all the deposit back without any percentage deduction....but the booking was on the US site at 100 days before departure.

This year I will know for sure if we will go by Sept 1.... Wanted to book now to guarantee the space instead of waiting until Sept.

Thanks

Aj

Looks like the UK cancellation policy is upto 90 days before sailing there will a 15% cancellation fee, right up to a 100% fee 10 days beofre.

Here is a link to the Costa's terms & conditions:

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/Before_you_go/term/Documents/condizioni_generali_2016_17_UK.pdf

Cancellation upto 90 days before sailing (almost 3 months) is 15%, then between 90 days and 1 day before sailing the cancellation is a sliding scale as in the linked T&C.

Have you thought of insurance?

I'm not sure if it's the same outside the US, but we always purchase trip insurance and if you book it within a few days of your cruise you can add on "cancel for any reason" insurance. We use Travel Guard.

Edited by Laurin612