Costa V Princess

tjandluke

Hi Everyone,

Well after waiting for years for Costa to come back to Asia for those of us that live in places other than China- seems it will not ever happen! I know that there is the very occasional Asian cruise but not a lot of choice....

I have pretty much decided that we will be going with Princess- as they have the dates and itinerary that we like.

Can anyone who has sailed both please give some comparison between the two. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 3 Costa trips through Asia but we can't sail what they are not offering....

Or if anyone has any inside information on if Costa will come back to Asia and allow us to book them please share.....

Hi Tanja, Costa's new catalogue is due out the latter part of June, I'll let you know if there is anything of interest. Nothing in the Far East, except one or two cruises on the Victoria.

I got some information this morning that the Costa neoClassica will be doing 14 day cruises (called the Clolours Of India cruises) from December 2016 to March 2017 to the follow ports

Mumbai *

Goa

Mangalore *

Kochi *

Colombo

Male *

NB: * longer stay in port, either 12 hours or more or overnight stay.

Prices start at about €1250.

There is also the Indian Ocean cruises, (Mauritius, Seychelles, Reunion & Madagasca) 14 day cruises on the neoRomantica.

Ron

PS. Happy belated (much belated) birthday wishes to the "little" guy.

Edited by G.M.T.

Thanks Ron.

I can only see one on the Victoria but the actual information regarding the cruise wont load. All I can see is that it sails from Shanghai in Oct 16.

There is not even a listing for the Altantica on the site any more.

Maybe there will be something as I keep reading that there will be a large number of ships in Asia but Im not overly hopeful.

The "little" guy is now 11! He is almost as tall as I am! (I'm 5ft 7).

The quick reply from someone who has cruised extensively with both lines is to go with Princess.

Costa is going through many changes which involves menus, loyalty perks and various on board experiences which makes booking with them of late a bit of a lottery.

A lot of this is recouping losses from the Concordia which is understandable but not for the customers.

Princess does offer a different cruise experience which normally is much dearer but overall seems the better choice for this year, given the mis-information often given on the Costa web-site.

Hope Costa get their act together by next year in time for our next cruise with them in February.