Traveling in a suite on Costa Mediterranea

sheffield

Has anyone travelled in a suite on the Mediterranea? I see on the UK website that from June this year there are more benefits to doing so, dedicated restaurant, expanded room service. I find that it is difficult to get much info from the website so hope someone can tell me of their suite experience.

Thanks

I have travelled in a suite onboard Mediterranea and Atlantica (her sistership) but I haven't tried the new Deluxe Experience because it will be avilable from June. The Deluxe experience will have the Intenditore All Inclusive package which allows you to take any kind of beverage in the bar that has a cost of maximum 9€; those beverages can also be ordered in your cabin and will be taken there with no charge. The beverages of the mini bar will also be avilable with no extra charge.

With the deluxe experience you will also have a one day free access to the thermal area of the ship and you can also choose the kind of pillow that you prefer (this is also avilable now but I don't remember what kind of pillows are avilable)

You will also have the butler and, as you have said, a restaurant (or an area of the main restaurant depending from the ships) will be exclusively for suite guests and the upper level of the Costa Club. Suite guest and Perla Diamante guests will also have the first 3 rows in the theatre reserved up to 5 minutes before the beginning of the show

Some other suite perks:

Priority boarding

Private cabin steward (except for mini-suites)

A bottle of Italian Prosecco and various Canapé

Invitation to an exclusive cocktail party with the captain

A pillow of your choice from the pillow menu

Lunch and dinner are served on request in the Suite

Jacuzzi bathtub, bathrobe and slippers for the duration of your cruise (except for mini-suites). Bath and skin care products.

Priority table choice and mealtimes in our restaurants

• 4 weeks later...

Per Costa's Website:

"Suites: for passengers who have chosen Suites will guarantee a voyage in maximum comfort in a spacious cabin, all yours to enjoy. You can expect exclusive treatment to say the very least; relax in a private VIP area before embarkation and when on board, your personal valet will help you unpack and will be at your disposal for the whole holiday. You will also have the most complete Beverage package: Intenditore that includes unlimited drinks priced up to 9 euros on our bar lists, drinks from the mini bar or served in your cabin… for real connoisseurs! Refined pairings of wines selected for Costa by the Italian Sommelier Association, with meals in the Restaurant or at the Buffet are also included. Each breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in the restaurant reserved exclusively for Suite guests, providing an intimate and refined environment. During the cruise there will be many exclusive activities to take part in: wine tastings, all-day access to the thermal area (only onboard the ships where available), delightful cocktail events and reserved front-row seats in the theatre (up to 5 before the start of the shows). You will be made to feel very special; and our expert advisors will be on hand to help with shopping and choosing excursions.

IF YOU BOOK A SUITE WITH DEPARTURE UNTIL MAY 2016

All exclusive treatments for those choosing a Suite will be available for travel beginning June 2016. Those who travel before June 2016 will find total comfort in a Suite together with the following privileges: priority boarding and disembarkation, personal valet (not for MiniSuites), bottle of sparkling wine on the day of boarding, assorted fruit basket replenished daily, exclusive invitation to cocktails with the captain, choice of first or second sittings for dinner, complimentary breakfast served in the cabin and 24-hour cabin service.

Exclusive new services in the Suites will be available from:

01 June 2016 on board the Costa Pacifica

02 June 2016 on board the Costa Diadema, Costa Fascinosa and Costa Magica

03 June 2016 on board the Costa Favolosa, Costa Mediterranea and Costa neoClassica 04 June 2016 on board the Costa Luminosa and Costa neoRomantica

05 June 2016 on board the Costa Deliziosa"

Not sure if the all day Spa pass is for only one day or the whole trip, kind of vague.....

Hope this Helps!!

tnt10

Also as stated previously:

"All the privileges of a Premium Cabin

and more

•Personal valet

•Beverage Package Intenditore

•Restaurant reserved exclusively for Suite guests

•All-day access to the spa

•Bottle of Ferrari sparkling wine

•Jacuzzi, baths salts, bath robe and slippers

•Choice of pillows (pillow menu)

CostaClub: you will earn up to 450 CostaClub points per each day of your cruise. "

Link:

http://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/AboutCruising/suite/suite.htm#novita-2013

tnt10

Wait...sooooo...if I have a suite on the Favolosa for my June 25 cruise it will now include these extra benefits? This is the first I've heard of it, but we will be very happy if that is the case!

Laurin

Per Costa's Website:

"Suites: for passengers who have chosen Suites will guarantee a voyage in maximum comfort in a spacious cabin, all yours to enjoy. You can expect exclusive treatment to say the very least; relax in a private VIP area before embarkation and when on board, your personal valet will help you unpack and will be at your disposal for the whole holiday. You will also have the most complete Beverage package: Intenditore that includes unlimited drinks priced up to 9 euros on our bar lists, drinks from the mini bar or served in your cabin… for real connoisseurs! Refined pairings of wines selected for Costa by the Italian Sommelier Association, with meals in the Restaurant or at the Buffet are also included. Each breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served in the restaurant reserved exclusively for Suite guests, providing an intimate and refined environment. During the cruise there will be many exclusive activities to take part in: wine tastings, all-day access to the thermal area (only onboard the ships where available), delightful cocktail events and reserved front-row seats in the theatre (up to 5 before the start of the shows). You will be made to feel very special; and our expert advisors will be on hand to help with shopping and choosing excursions.

IF YOU BOOK A SUITE WITH DEPARTURE UNTIL MAY 2016

All exclusive treatments for those choosing a Suite will be available for travel beginning June 2016. Those who travel before June 2016 will find total comfort in a Suite together with the following privileges: priority boarding and disembarkation, personal valet (not for MiniSuites), bottle of sparkling wine on the day of boarding, assorted fruit basket replenished daily, exclusive invitation to cocktails with the captain, choice of first or second sittings for dinner, complimentary breakfast served in the cabin and 24-hour cabin service.

Exclusive new services in the Suites will be available from:

01 June 2016 on board the Costa Pacifica

02 June 2016 on board the Costa Diadema, Costa Fascinosa and Costa Magica

03 June 2016 on board the Costa Favolosa, Costa Mediterranea and Costa neoClassica 04 June 2016 on board the Costa Luminosa and Costa neoRomantica

05 June 2016 on board the Costa Deliziosa"

Not sure if the all day Spa pass is for only one day or the whole trip, kind of vague.....

Hope this Helps!!

tnt10

Per the costa website, as of June 3, 2016, YES! :D

(AND that is a full Suite and up-no mini-suites).

Perhaps a call to Costa is in order, and make a copy of that page showing the benefits and effective dates since your cruise is so close to the effective date for the Favolosa.;)

tnt10

Per the costa website, as of June 3, 2016, YES! :D

(AND that is a full Suite and up-no mini-suites).

Perhaps a call to Costa is in order, and make a copy of that page showing the benefits and effective dates since your cruise is so close to the effective date for the Favolosa.;)

tnt10

Woohoo! :D Thank you all for the information! I will definitely be calling Costa today--and I made sure to grab screen captures. ;) If this is really the case it will save us a lot of money, as we were planning to buy drink packages AND spa packages--although the language is sort of unclear about the thermal suite spa access (whether it is one day or for the duration of the cruise). If I get any further information/clarification re the new benefits I will be sure to post back here on the Costa forum.

Edited by Laurin612

Woohoo! :D Thank you all for the information! I will definitely be calling Costa today--and I made sure to grab screen captures. ;) If this is really the case it will save us a lot of money, as we were planning to buy drink packages AND spa packages--although the language is sort of unclear about the thermal suite spa access (whether it is one day or for the duration of the cruise). If I get any further information/clarification re the new benefits I will be sure to post back here on the Costa forum.

My husband was able to confirm with Costa just now that we will receive all of these benefits. At first the rep said no and asked if we were looking at the USA site. :rolleyes: My husband sent her the link (which tnt10 so kindly provided :)) and she put him on hold. After a few minutes she returned to the line and confirmed that, yes, indeed, we will receive all of those benefits. She said she knew they were adding the special restaurant access for suite guests (which, in this case is Club Favolosa), but was not aware of the other new benefits. She also confirmed that we will all receive the Intenditore drink package (except for our 14 year old--he will receive the Giovanni package.) She also confirmed that the three of us aged over 18 will have access to the spa for our entire trip.

So glad we decided to splurge on a suite for this trip! Thank you all again for the information!

Edited by Laurin612

Laurin, thank you for reporting back as to what Costa said.

Have a great cruise.

G.M.T.

Would you please post a current bar menu listing prices?

I don't have access to MY Costa Archives at the moment.

Thanks,

Salve

G.M.T.

Would you please post a current bar menu listing prices?

I don't have access to MY Costa Archives at the moment.

Thanks,

Salve

Salve, the bar menu is a multiple page document.

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll scan the relevant pages.

Cheer

Salve, the bar menu is a multiple page document.

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll scan the relevant pages.

Cheer

Oops sorry. How much for a Jack Daniels and Coke?

Not included in my normal Piu Giusto package. But I think it my be in my Intenditore package included with my suite upgrade.

Thanks

Oops sorry. How much for a Jack Daniels and Coke?

Not included in my normal Piu Giusto package. But I think it my be in my Intenditore package included with my suite upgrade.

Thanks

Jack Daniels & Coke is €7.95 so within the Intenditorepackage limit of €9.00.

Can I bring you anything else?:)

JD.pdf

Jack Daniels & Coke is €7.95 so within the Intenditorepackage limit of €9.00.

Can I bring you anything else?:)

Thanks! you are a welcome source of information. Probably not a good thing Jack and Coke is included :)

Laurin612,

Thanks so much to you and your hubby for checking this out directly with Costa.

Since it is so new, I'm sure there will be some confusion at the beginning, (which also necessitates taking a copy for clarification onboard).

Especially appreciate the spa access for the entire trip, haven't had access to a decent Thalassotherapy pool since my first cruise on the Celebrity Mercury some years ago:)).

Have a great trip and enjoy!!

tnt10