Costa is slowly rolling out 2017/2018 cruises

G.M.T.

On their German website, Costa are gradually rolling out their 2017/2018 cruises. First surprise is that neoRomantica after her 2016/2017 winter season in the Indian Ocean, will be heading for Shanghai in March 2017, on a 23 day cruise with 15 see days. Don't know if she is intended for the Chinese market (Costa already has four ships there) or hopefully for Europeans / North Americans wishing to cruise the Far East.

Deliziosa winter 2017/2018 will be back in Fort Lauderdale.

Diadema doing her weekly cruise in the Meditteranean.

Fascinosa winter 2017/2018 in South America.

Favolosa winter 2017/2018 in South America.

Luminosa Jan 2018 World Cruise.

Magica winter 2017/2018 Guadaloupe.

Mediterranea nothing yet.

neoClassica in Mediterranean.

neoRiviera winter 2017/2018 in Indian Ocean.

Pacifica winter 2017/2018 Guadaloupe.

Not a lot of surprises, same old run of the mill stuff. The adventurous Costa of 8 to 10 years ago where they were leading in opening up new markets has been laid to rest. Costa cruise are becoming much like the London buses "There'll be another one along in a few minutes".

What about Namiba, South Africa and East Africa. India & Sri Lanka. Thailand and Burma. Chile and Cape Horn. Australia & New Zeland. Cambodia and Vietnam. So many places and not enough ships.:(

Thank you for info. I also hoped they will open some new routes.

On the other hand it is interesting what they are planning to do with neoRomantica...maybe they will start regular cruises for European in China/Japan/Vietnam/Singapur ? So far Victoria has only 2 or 3 cruises available for European passangers per year and other ships there are sold only on local markets. Let's wait for the rest of the routes-hope that any suprise will appear:-)

2016 will be Victoria's last year in the Far East, later this year she will be doing cruises from Singapore. Don't know if the cruises will be open for the European market or what what is happening to the Victoria in future.

I found that all cruises from Dubai disappeared on Costa website.

Few days ago for example it was possible to book cruises on neoClassica or Pacifica from Dubai in Feb/March 2017. At the moment there is nothing visible. Does anybody know if they are completly cancelling cruises from/to Dubai or redefining something only ?

I found that all cruises from Dubai disappeared on Costa website.

Few days ago for example it was possible to book cruises on neoClassica or Pacifica from Dubai in Feb/March 2017. At the moment there is nothing visible. Does anybody know if they are completly cancelling cruises from/to Dubai or redefining something only ?

First of all, there is nothing to worry about Costa leaving Dubai because of political reasons. Other cruise lines AIDA (Costa daughter company), MSC, Princess, Celebrity, Seabourn and others are still adverising cruises from Dubai.

There was a change at the beginning of the year when neoClassica replaced neoRiviera. With Costa soon having 5 ships in the China market, they have a shortage of ships to service all their wide flung markets.

This is another case of Costa not knowing their "A" from their elbow.:(

The new catalogue is due out the end of june, so hopefully every thing will be shoted out by then.

Costa has 4 new large ships on order, delivery 2019 / 2020, two for Europe ans 2 for China. Maybe some of the current far east fleet will come "home".

I just got off the Fortuna in Shanghai. The ship has been changed/re-designed for the Asian market. My guess is the ships will never come back to Europe as long as the Chinese market still gambles and spends lot's of money in the new high end shops on board.

I just got off the Fortuna in Shanghai. The ship has been changed/re-designed for the Asian market. My guess is the ships will never come back to Europe as long as the Chinese market still gambles and spends lot's of money in the new high end shops on board.

Yes if Costa make more money in china So Why send them back To Europe !!..